Interlude #1 – Hero summoning circles in my closet
1.3k 5 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Daniel, I work as a contractor for managing quality control at factories. Due to the nature of my job, it involves that I travel around the world insuring factories are up to the client’s standards. Not only do I have to travel a lot, I tend to have long hours and sometimes even have to stay overnight.

 

I also have a wife and a daughter. My wife’s job also requires her to travel a lot, so we don’t often see each other. My daughter is 4 years old, and is mostly taken care of by the babysitter due to our occupations.

 

The thing me and my wife share as a hobby is infatuation with Japanese culture. More specifically, things like Anime, Manga, light novels and etc. Unfortunately, our jobs even get in the way of that as well. Of course, I always watch an anime while on a plane, or read a manga or light novel while heading to work by bus or train. But even then, time is very limited.

 

Not to mention those environments are not exactly great for enjoyment of content. But today is a very good day! Not only did I get to leave home early today, the newest anime movie of THAT came out! Yes, THAT! The thing fans have been waiting a whole 10 years for is now available for my viewing pleasure!

 

The theater system I put together that hardly ever got used did not go to waste! I can finally enjoy some quality anime time!

 

I arrive home in full excitement at what is to come and open the door.

 

“Daddy~!” screams a little 4 year old girl and runs straight for me.

 

“Hohoho! Haven’t you gotten big Shiro?” I exclaim as I pick her up.

 

“Are ya gonna leave again daddy?” she questions.

 

“Nope, I got the entire day off today!” I reply in excitement.

 

“Yey! Lets play then daddy!” she beckons.

 

“Err...okay...in just a moment...let daddy watch his anime movie, then we’ll play, ok?” I plead in desperation.

 

“NO! I WANNA PLAY NOW! PLAY WITH ME DADDY!” she screams and starts banging against me with her small arms.

 

This isn’t looking good..I have been waiting so long for that to come out! I need to think of something fast!

 

“How about this, want to play watch anime with daddy?” I question in the most sincere voice I can muster.

 

“NO! I wanna play with the dollies!” she insisted.

 

During this time I have already sat down in the theater room while holding her in my arms.

 

“How about this, play watch anime with daddy, then we’ll play with the dollies?” I appeal as I turn on the remote.

 

“No! Play dollies now! You always say you will later and you don’t!” she cries.

 

At this point the anime starts rolling in the credits.

 

“Just watch with me for a few minutes ok? I’ll even get you that ice cream that you like...” I say attempting to bribe her.

 

“Mmnn!” she grumbles.

 

After a few minutes after the anime starts playing, she gives in and she hesitantly watches it with me. By the time the movie ends, she seems to be semi-hooked on it. She is definitely going to end up as a tsundere isn’t she?

 

Though this gives me an idea to maximize efficiency. If I can only interest Shiro in things like anime and etc, then wouldn’t that be hitting 2 birds with one stone? She’ll be happy I am spending time with her and I’ll get to watch my anime and the like. I guess this is why I am one of the best QC managers in the world, looking for efficiency in everything hehehe.

 

Now then, lets start by replacing her bed time stories with light novels…

 

What can possibly go wrong?

 

 

[2 years later]

 

~~~~~

...And with 1 slash, the greatest hero Satou beheads 5 gods all while checkmating the 5th dragon god king in chess. Yes, Satou is that OP! His awesome slashes are so awesome that he can do anything! ANYTHING! Then why is Satou facing off the 5th dragon god king in chess? That is because Satou who is a Japanese is averse to killing due to the peaceful mentality driven into Japanese at an early age.

 

And with the end of the match, he beheads 3 more gods annihilating them in an instant with just 1 slash! Doesn’t make sense? Illogical? All of that means nothing in the face of Satou’s slashes. He can even slash reason itself! HE IS THAT OP!

 

Satou then opens a portal and heads back to his base located on a hidden island. With him are 3 new girls who just joined his party. 2 of which are princesses.

 

“I am back” Satou exclaims.

“You just stepped out for like 1 minute and you got 3 more added to your harem? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?! I MEAN THIS IS RIDICULOUS! I MEAN JUST YESTERDAY YOU VISITED A VILLAGE AND GOT 50 GIRLS TO JOIN! AND GUESS WHAT?!?! 5 OF THEM WERE SOMEHOW SECRET HIDDEN PRINCESSES!!! WTH! DO PRINCESSES GROW ON TREES OR SOMETHING?!?!? I MEAN HOW MANY ARE YOU PLANNING TO ADD TO YOUR HAREM?!?! THERE IS ALREADY 10,403 GIRLS THERE! AND SOMEHOW 1,582 OF THEM ARE FREAKIN’ PRINCESSES! DO SO MANY COUNTRIES EVEN EXIST?!?!?” Arisa screamed through mind transmission in futility.

 

“Rest assured Arisa, I will make all 10,587 of them happy!” Satou assured with absolute confidence.

 

“Ha...you don’t say...WAIT! WAIT A SEC!?!?! 10,587?!?! SINCE WHEN?!?! WHERE THE HELL DID 184 OF THEM JUST COME FROM?!?!” Arisa bellowed via mind transmission in utter shock.

 

Ignoring the background noise, Satou stared at the sunset and swore. Yes, that OP Satou swore! That same Satou who can do ANYTHING swore! That he would make all 11,023 of them happy!

 

“ARGH!!! WHEN?!?!?! HOW?!??! WHY?!?!? … ARGH! WHATEVA I GIVE UP!” Arisia roared via mind transmission in complete bafflement.

 

Because OP Satou can do anything! ANYTHING!

 

~~~

“The end...” I say as I finish reading the light novel chapter to Shiro prior to bed.

 

“Alright, time to go sleep, good night sweetie!” I bid my farewell for the night.

 

Only to be grabbed by Shiro.

 

“What’s wrong?” I ask.

 

“Don’t go daddy! Stay with me...” she pleads in a trembling voice.

 

“There is nothing to be afraid of sweetie… Daddy guarantees no boogie-man is gonna enter this household, so go get some sleep” I urge.

 

“...will...the hero come?” she asks.

 

“That’s right sweetie! The hero will come and chase the bad boogie-man away!” I assure.

 

“HIIII!!!!” she screams and gets under the covers, then extends a trembling arm gripping my cloth will all her strength.

 

“PLEASE DADDY! DON’T GO!” she cries while tears come out of her eyes.

 

Ha? What in the world is going on here?

 

“Ahmm...sweetie….what exactly do you find scary…can you tell daddy?” I inquire.

 

“Nh..the hero...is scary” she mutters while shaking.

 

Okaaaay….

 

“And why do you find the hero scary? Can you tell daddy?” I ask in puzzlement.

 

“Nh...I-I h-heard the scary hero...c-comes to take away little girls c-calling them lolis to add to h-his harem...” she explains while completely trembling.

 

Hmmm...it might just be my imagination...but somewhere, something may have gone a bit wrong…

 

Nah...I am probably just over thinking things...when I was little, I also was scared of strange things...it is probably just a phase she is going through...kids and their odd imaginations… but more importantly...there is a serious issue I need to address.

 

“Okay sweetie, I’ll stay with you till you fall asleep. Though can you do daddy a favor?” I request.

 

“What is it?” she questions.

 

“Can you not mention the word harem around mommy? Or something real scary will happen.” I respond.

 

“S-Scarier than a hero?” she queries.

 

“Yes, much scarier!” I insist.

 

“O-Ok, I won’t say it to mommy...” she assures.

 

Good, that should do it! As for the rest, what’s the worst that can happen?

 

[2 years later]

 

“I am home!” announces my wife as she enters the door.

 

“Hey honey! How’s it been?” I inquire.

 

“The same old same old you know” she responds.

“Where is Shiro by the way?” she asks.

 

“Ah, she is reading manga and light novels, she really loves the stuff” I explain.

 

“No I do not!” screams Shiro from the neighboring room.

 

Sigh...she is such a tsundere…

 

“Then why are you reading them?” I respond in a teasing voice.

 

“Cause I am trying to find all of the hero’s weaknesses! Duh! And when I grow up, I’ll become a demon lord and wipe out all the heroes in my dungeon! Muwahahahaha” Shiro boasts.

 

“...you are not having her read anything strange are you?” asks my wife.

 

“Of course not honey...I know better then that...she is just at that rebellious age..” I assure.

 

“An 8 year old?” my wife asks while frowning her brow.

 

“You know...kids...they think of the silliest things...” I explain.

 

I mean what’s the worst that can happen?

 

 

27