Volume 02: Hammering in my new reality (5)
1k 5 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, I kind of was thinking about going around and seeing if I can complete more of the quest by attaining more production skills. But as soon as I started the morning [Smelting], the voices in my head kept saying “Just one more! Come on, one more!”, I almost ended up missing breakfast...I am not addicted, okay?

 

I am perfectly in control here, I am not in anyways being manipulated by this warm and joyful feeling, got it? I can step out at any time I feel like it, I just chose to continue [Smelting] out of my own will, understand? Just one more and I’ll go…

 

Then I came to a rather shocking realization! I already made all 10 of my [Bronze Ingots]! I am totally out! Suddenly I felt totally helpless, which I assure is NOT withdrawal symptoms, okay?

 

I’ll be totally fine if I can just smelt one more ingot...just one more…

 

Wait, I can get this feeling back if I start smithing! I still have that [Bronze Ingot] and I can claim a new quota of 2 [Copper Ingots] and 1 [Bronze Ingot]!

 

No! No! Stop! Guuuh! What the hell is wrong with me!?!?! I had a plan and I can’t break it now! Well maybe a little...NO!

 

I take a few deep breaths and try to calm myself down the best I could.

 

I need to first review where I stand...It seems that during my reckless obsession with smelting, I was finally able to break through the quality score of 5 without the use of my Unique Skill. Since I have completed all of my assigned quota, made my own hammer, hit a bottleneck of smelting and gotten a hold of 2 [Bronze Ingots]. It is time to move to the next part of my plan. Smelting one more...NO!

 

I walk up to the distribution counter and hand over my quota, at same time receiving my [Bronze Ingot] and 2 [Copper Ingots].

 

“…One more thing. I would like to sign up for a private lesson from an Intermediate Disciple for tomorrow?” I request.

 

“Hmmm… ya definitely still have ya’r privilege for receiving a private lesson for this month. Do ya have any special requests?” asks the dwarf by the counter.

 

“Well...it probably goes without saying the higher [Blacksmithing] level the better...but if it is possible...preferably not a human?” I plead in a timid voice.

 

He takes a look at me for a short while…

 

* sigh * I’ll see what I can do for ya missy...” relents the dwarf.

 

With that, I waited for dinner resisting the non-addictive urges and went to sleep for the day.

 

...

 

After waking up, I somehow managed to wait till after breakfast and headed for the counter. There I received permission to enter the Intermediate Discipline area and I was then guided to one of the dwarves who seems to have been waiting for me.

 

“Hello there missy, My name is Doran. I will be your instructor for today” the dwarf informed.

 

“Hello, my name is Shiro. Thank you for accepting my request” I respond politely.

 

“So where can I assist you missy?” asked Doran.

 

“Uhmm...well… see I made this [Copper Blacksmithing Hammer] the other day, but the quality is rather lacking and I want to attempt at making a [Bronze Blacksmithing Hammer]. So I would like to practice on the [Copper Ingots] I got, then try making one out of bronze” I reply.

 

Doran takes a moment and looks at my [Copper Blacksmithing Hammer], then after pondering for a bit.

 

“Let me first show ya how to make one and explain all the details. From then on ya can try to make one ya’rself” said Doran as he took out some [Bronze Ingots] and began forging a hammer, while explaining to me all the intricacies.

 

It took him no more than an hour to finish smithing the hammer. From his explanation and demonstration, I gained a completely new insight into [Blacksmithing], for more reasons than one...

 

Your skill [NP][Blacksmithing] has become Level 4

You have acquired a new skill [CP][Blacksmith: Enhanced Smithing] Level N/A

[CP][Blacksmith: Enhanced Smithing] Level N/A

 

Improve the speed of your smithing related skills by 10% + 1% for every level in your non-combat class + 0.5% for every point of [PER]

Improve the quality of your smithing related skills by 10% + 1% for every level in your non-combat class + 0.5% for every point of [PER]

 

I was literally smiling ear to ear! Even left as-is, this was well worth it!

 

After being told all the details, shown how to do it step by step and the huge increase in my skill’s ability. It was now time for me to try.

 

I first started by making a [Copper Blacksmithing Hammer], unlike before where it took me 4 hours. Now my speed easily doubled due to my high [PER] stat! So I was done within only 2 hours.

 

The results were also pretty good if I don’t say so myself.

 

Copper Blacksmithing Hammer

 

An average blacksmithing hammer made out of copper

 

+3 STR -3 AGI +1 ATK
+1% improvement for Blacksmithing

 

[Made by Shiro]


Durability: 250/250

Quality 5.2105/10.0000

 

Doran was pretty darn impressed with my progress.

 

Now that I have made that, next order of business was attempting the [Bronze Blacksmithing Hammer]! This time it took me about 3 hours to get it done, far from the 1 hour it took Doran. Though part of it taking Doran an hour was also in him explaining stuff to me as he went along. The results overall though were better than I originally expected.

 

Bronze Blacksmithing Hammer

 

An average blacksmithing hammer made out of bronze

 

+13 STR +2 DEX -15 AGI +2 ATK

+3% improvement for Blacksmithing

 

[Made by Shiro]


Durability: 500/500

Quality 5.1012/10.0000

 

Thus my brand new hammer was born!

 

I still had 6 hours left on my private tutoring, so I wanted to take the most advantage of it.

 

“Uhm...Doran, I was thinking. Since I am doing well with the process of smelting and smithing Bronze, can you show me how to smelt Iron? I want to see if I can request myself to move on to Iron...” I inquire.

 

“Sure, no problem missy...at this rate though it somehow feels like ya’r gonna surpass me fairly soon” Doran smilingly joked.

 

Doran went out and brought back some [Iron Ore], then began to smelt it as he explained tips and tricks to look out for. While those things were surly helpful, what I was really looking out for only appeared after about 3 minutes.

 

Your skill [NP][Smelting] has become Level 5

 

Congratulations! You have completed the class quest [Creationist: Improve your production skills]

+25 PER has been attained

 

Class quest [Creationist:Improve your production skills], has been reset.

 

After he was done making the [Iron Ingot], while explaining all the details, about an hour has passed. He then took out another [Iron Ore].

 

“I can only let ya attempt this once, if ya succeed with a quality score of at least 3.5, I can request for ya to be moved to making Iron. If not, ya will have to wait for next month to try again” Doran warned..

 

“Okay, I’ll give this a shot!” I exclaim excitedly.

 

This time around, I really give things my all! Even using my [All-Observing-Eyes] almost to the full limit. There is no way I am missing out on the opportunity to get access to Iron after all!

 

After spending a whopping 4 hours on trying to get it just right, the result came out rather positive.

 

Iron Ingot

An okay quality iron ingot. Used in the production of metallic goods

 

Quality 3.9281/10.0000

 

“...”

 

Doran remained rather speechless for a good 5 minutes. Before finally coming to.

 

“Ya know... I was at first jokin’ about surpassin’ me soon, but ya know what? It just might happen missy...I feel like I am at a complete loss. I’ll file a request for ya to get promoted to Iron as promised” Doran relented.

 

After a short chat about things here and there, the private lesson soon came to an end.

 

I took my two [Copper Blacksmithing Hammers] and deposited them at the counter. Since I can’t exactly sell them, my hope is that someone in the future who doesn’t have their own hammer will use them. Thus filling me up with that joyful happy feeling, which I repeat I am not addicted to!

 

I then headed for dinner as I contemplated on what to do next. From what Doran has said, since I already completed my quota for the week, I can’t exactly get a completely new quota. But I can get a partial quota which will consist of 10 [Iron Ingots]. And after completion, one will become mine.

 

Considering the circumstances, it should take me no more than 2 days to smelt the [Iron Ingots]. Then the day after that, I’ll have pretty much free. So I’ll go hunting for some herbs, which I can use both to make money and at same time save up for making potions with my [Alchemy]. Then, the day after will be a new week, but first order of business would be to visit the monthly selections of the Builders Guild.

 

Only after that will I be able to truly able to start fulfilling my new quota. I will then spend the 2 [Iron Ingots] into making an [Iron Blacksmithing Hammer], and as far as the [Bronze Ingots] go, I will finally start to make some combat gear for myself.

 

I should also consider signing up for the last perk, which can only be used once a year. That perk being getting private guidance from an Advance Disciple. From what I heard those tend to have longer wait times. I really need to get that done before the competition, as I really want to get promoted to Intermediate Disciple so I can start making money and also get access to better ores, and the competition is the fastest way to achieve that goal.

 

With my plans made up, I head off to sleep.

30