Vol. 2 Chapter 3: Demons (Part 3)
2k 3 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was now before nightfall and Rytus was on his way to the meeting chamber. He was following a servant that was sent by Arin to take him. Truth be told, every one of the dread lords had yet to arrive, but it was best for Rytus to be there before they completely gathered.

Some were not particularly patient after all.

Eventually, he arrived before a pair of giant doors. The moment he entered inside, he was greeted by gazes from two persons.

One was a man who had the appearance of a human wearing a suit. He had fairly long hair of black and maroon eyes. Like Rytus, he was also an imp, but one way stronger than him and a one of the Dread Lords named Trigel. It wouldn’t be wrong to call him his direct superior.

The other one was a giant demon with dark red and black skin. His face was fierce and carried a powerful gaze as though craving for violence. He was a Ravager named Ongrus.

For the time being, there were only two Dread Lords that had arrived and were sitting at a long table in the center of a lavish room. Three chandeliers hanging on the ceiling, golden embroidery on the walls, and lamps made with glass embedded on the corners.

At the edge of the room was a fireplace that was giving warmth to the room, and above it on the wall installed a giant flag with a crest embroidered into it. A flame in the middle and two curved blades crossing each other. It was the sigil of their god.

“Rytus, I am relieved that you have returned safely.”

The imp dread lord, Trigel, stood up and warmly welcomed him.

“Thank you, sir.”

Rytus stepped inside.

“So, how are the others?”

“The same as always, still a bit difficult to hold back.”

“Ha-ha! Great, that’s great. I was concerned a little that something might have happened bad happened to you guys. But I suppose even strong humans cannot defeat you easily.”

Rytus smiled wryly at Trigel as the latter sat back down.

“Hmph, long time no see little guy.”

A growly voice spoke to him.

“Lord Ongrus, it is nice to see you again.”

The ravager crossed his arms.

“This better won’t be a waste of my time. I and my crew were just having a sparring match to find who could challenge me, and I have to postpone the rest for this.”

Rytus imagined that instead of a simple sparring, there was plenty of blood spilling and killing.

“I think you will find my report interesting.”

“I’ll take you on your word.”

What distinguished Ongrus from his other kind was that he was more civilized compared to the others who were pretty much mostly aggressive and hard to talk with sensically. In other words, Ongrus was not dumb. That was why he was appointed as one of the dread lords, setting aside his strength.

“Ongrus, if Rytus had us gathered, then it is only expected that the matter concerned the demon race entirely.”

“Hmmm, even so, I don’t like waiting and wasting time.”

Trigel heaved a long sigh.

“Rytus, can you give us a little sneak of what the content of this meeting will be?”

“Yes. It involves the movements of the Mystic Race and the Cursed Children in the human lands.”

“What?”

“Those guys?”

Ongrus and Trigel leaned a little towards Rytus upon hearing what sort of beings were involved.

“Hm, it seems it won’t be a waste of time. I’m looking forward to your report.”

“I wonder why even the race blessed by gods left their own realm just to enter the human world. And the Cursed Children, then this might have something to do with “her”.”

“... This will be interesting, but the others seem to be taking their damn time.”

“Isn’t Vezeres here in the castle already? Why is he even late?”

At the same time, the door opened.

“Yes I am here, Trigel. I just had to make my girls behave while I’m gone.”

“Playing with humans again?”

“Yeah.”

Vezeres casually took his seat and lifted his feet to lay on top of the table.

“So, let’s get starte... and the others aren’t here yet. Why?” Vezeres asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Irian might still be out there sucking someone off somewhere,” Ongrus said.

“I don’t know about Yavia.”

“Huh, alright, let’s talk, it’s boring when it’s all quiet. So Trigel, want to try some of my human women?”

Trigel furrowed his brow.

“Why do you always ask that to anyone?”

“What? Is it bad to share?”

“It is weird because you want to share.”

Vezeres scoffed.

“I’m just trying to show you guys how wonderful they are.”

“No thanks.”

“Your loss… what about you Ongru— no, humans won’t work with your size, I’m sorry for even trying to offer them to you.”

“I have no interest in them to begin with.”

“... Okay. Everyone’s so repressed…”

You’re just weird!

Rytus kept that inside his head. Vezeres would just shrug it off anyway, no use changing an impression of a stubborn and clueless man.

It was then another pair entered the room. One was a cute girl, Arin, carrying a book in her hand and another person was with her. That person was covered entirely in black robe, with his hood drawn on his head, and his hands hidden within black gloves. However, none could see a face but only darkness, as though the darkness itself kept his face from being revealed.

He didn’t touch the floor but merely floated just above it. He gave off that eerie aura of the unknown. Not much was known about him but he was one of the confidants of the demon god a long time ago.

He was the person referred to as the Administrator.

As he moved, Arin followed behind him.

“The others have not arrived yet? What a troublesome lot.”

His voice was hollow and resonating like a cold wind one feels during winter.

He held out his hand and a small globe of blue appeared in his hand.

“Your presence is required, come immediately.”

His voice echoed and echoed inside the globe, Rytus could faintly hear it, as though the sound was trapped within.

It was then someone slammed the window open.

“Aaaah! Too noisy! Stop it already, I’m here! I was just finishing someone for fuck sake!”

The one who barged in complaining was a sexy demoness, namely Irian the succubus.

“Miss Irian, please take a seat,” Arin kindly asked her with an endearing voice as she hugged her book in her arms.

“Grrr, way to ruin the mood. Rytus, you’re to blame for this! See me tonight!”

“No way.”

“Tch!” she clicked her tongue in blatant irritation.

It was a tempting offer, to be honest. But Rytus had to refuse and could only dryly smile at the irritated demoness.

Irian bitterly took a seat beside Trigel, while the latter merely glanced at her.

“Hello~ Trigel.”

“... Hello.”

“I’m upset, can I lay down on your chest for a moment.”

“...”

Sir Trigel, you can do it.

Rytus cheered him on from his heart.

“.... Haaah,” Trigel sighed. “Do as you wish.”

Even if he rejected, she would just do it anyway in the first place.

“Yehey~!”

With no hesitation, she clung unto him and laid her head on his chest. He should have been at least aroused, however, he was stiff, worried for his life. This was a demoness that can drain even a dread lord after all.

The door then opened and entered a being who had wings like those of a firefly, except they were in the color of darkness. She was the size of an average human, and she was incredibly beautiful. She looked somewhat sweet and an ominous type of beauty.

She had long onyx hair and silver eyes, with a pale complexion. She floated and moved above the floor with incredible smoothness. Her ears were long and pointy, and on her head was a dark green crown made up of leaves and vines.

She wore a magnificent dress of black and green which exposed her navel and the sides of her waist. Her clothes revealed the cleavage of her ample breasts and her smooth pale shoulders. A beautiful and seductive being, but one would not mostly feel lust but rather be mystified due to the magical and wondrous presence she exudes.

“Stop it, administrator, I was already on my way,” she said with a grouchy voice.

This beautiful creature was a member of a species called Dark Fae. Once they were normal faes that lingered in the peaceful forests. However, they separated themselves from other faes and drank the blood of the demon god. That turned them into something different from normal Fae, and stronger than those, then they were later called Dark Faes, and had been declared as part of the Demon Race.

And this was their queen, Yavia.

She sat down on a chair with majesty and straightened her posture.

“Hey there little fairy~,” Irian greeted her with a playful grin.

Yavia frowned.

“... Hello… Irian.”

“Hehe still a bit cold, huh.”

“Not after you slept with my husband and killed him.”

Yes, the dread lord Irian slept with and “accidentally” killed was Yavia’s husband.

“Come now, it was his choice, don’t blame me.”

“Yes… it was his choice, and I hate him for it. But that doesn’t change the fact that you are involved.”

“It’s in my nature, fairy~.”

“But to go after my husband?”

A hostile atmosphere had begun to spread in the air around the room as Yavia glared at the demoness while everyone in the room merely stared at the two.

“I told you, I didn’t pursue him. He pursued me.”

“Shut it, wench.”

The queen glared daggers at Irian even more intensely as her magic began to radiate. But Irian on the other hand merely playfully grinned, unthreatened, while ignoring the flustered imp she was laying on.

“That is enough,” the administrator intervened before everything else got out of hand. “Let us get to the point of this meeting.”

Irian snubbed and turned to face towards the front of the table where the administrator positioned himself. Yavia’s glare remained towards her, one could already imagine that she wanted to strike the succubus down through her eyes.

69