Chapter 4: Light Discussion
67 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Due to some severe writer's block and some events IRL, the chapters for this and another story had to be pushed back for a while, hope you enjoy the story now that things have returned to normal.

Chick is interested in knowing what a friend is but decides it's just best to put that topic to the side to instead ask the Primordial-... no, what Feeler's intent is first.

As that takes priority before asking stuff that has nothing to do with its job as a primordial god, the highest duty granted to souls made by the All-Maker.

Chick ponders what response to give, trying to be quick, as intentionally or not, it's keeping Feeler waiting, and as such, the response should have some amount of impact for all this time used :S.

"Ah...Uh...A trading partner, you say? but you are aware I'm just a newly born god, correct? even if I did luck out a bit with my affinities...I'm not a reliable investment, Feeler."

Chick states, as it feels indignant it has to mock itself, but swallows the bitter knowledge, as chick desires to be truthful in this situation, rather than make an enemy later when they can't get the investment back on time.

Feeler appears to process the response, though instead of appearing disappointed or agitated, they instead seem to relax as they set their boxes on nearby space, as they respond with a calm voice.

"That's fine, I'm just looking for someone I can talk to every so often, managing my worlds is not a pressing concern, the inhabitants of mine aren't too difficult to handle, so I'm free most of the time with nothing to do."

"Plus helping out a newbie is a nice thing to do, and so I decided while giving aid, I would ask if you wanted to be a friend if you were up to the idea ^-^."

Feeler says that Chick is left wondering where it posts to comment and what to even comment upon with a straight face.

"Before I answer yes or no to whatever a friend is, can I please know what one is, and what aid you mean, as you did mention trading partner earlier, so that does imply a few things, if I may say..." Chick comments with a little trepidation.

"But I guess before we continue discussing... want to somewhere to sit?" Chick asks as they use its final affinity to hide the small metal moon in a transparent box.

"Sure, though you should try to prepare a meeting place next time as some of the old ones would take offense at having to wait, though I personally don't mind waiting, I did kind of just appear out of nowhere."

Feeler states with an apologetic bow as he finishes that statement as his two arms, hold its gifts with agile talent, as Chick wonders what is in the presents.

".....!" Chick registers the commentary, and states "thank you for the advice, please give me a moment", as Chick moves away from the door slit to a space near the door, as they isolate a small area for the necessary purposes.

As Chick tries to quickly design something, using a bit of its third Affinity to construct something quickly, twisting, and bending space around, into a new form.

As it then solidifies into a small stack of translucent blue blocks, of varying shapes onto the floor, though Chick continues to create more.

Once a sizeable pile of these is created, Chick starts to quickly shave at the space cubes using its claws, to create some chairs, while placing the cubes together and apply the space dust left by shaping the chairs to all the cracks, sealing it properly.

Once the small table and chairs are finished, Chick wipes the little sweat it had on its face.

Spending a few moments to let his heart calm down Chick will return to the door and set its claws on the handle while stating "It's ready now, please come and take a seat Feeler, Let's relax as we discuss this matter face-to-face then through a door." 

Chick states with some degree of embarrassment and tiredness, as it opens the door to let Feeler inside so that proper discussion can begin, like what a "friend" may be.

 

1