Chapter 22 – Meeting Galaxy Again
105 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rather ironically, however, Delta wasn't actually the one manipulating his mana that way, he was in the middle of floating around the galaxy he had seen inside of him.

It had now occurred to him that he had met the will of the Galaxy inside his own core, and her mixing of all of the coloured stars and galaxies inside of him had had a much longer-lasting effect than he had originally anticipated.

He floated strangely at peace, rotating in circles as he looked mesmerised by the plethora of colours and stars that zipped back and forth, leaving plumes of light everywhere he looked.

"It's a sight to behold, right?"

"I was wondering when you'd show up."

"I assume you have a lot of questions." the voice said

Delta looked over to the source of the voice, seeing the will of the galaxy a few metres to his side, standing perfectly still with her hands behind her back, as unwavering as the space itself.

"That would be an understatement…"

He was silent for a few seconds, before saying, "Just what is my core?"

"Well, simply put, your core is an accumulation of your magical abilities and talents. Normally, you'd have a different coloured galaxy for each ability, with its size representing your affinity. Most only have one, with three or four being the max, however, you are an exception to that. I did you the favour of fusing all your attributes into a single, more powerful one."

"Oh? What changes does the new one bring?"

"I mixed your magic sources into a single source, meaning you only have to train in one attribute, rather than all of them. Most importantly, however, it means all of your powers are interchangeable and adaptable, meaning you can mix and match attributes to battles, or even to manipulate the magic energies around you."

Delta stood there for a second trying to absorb all of the information he had been told.

"Can I assume you'll teach me how to do all of this?"

"I won't, no. But someone else will."

She reached out with her arm, and then a ring appeared in her grasp.

It was made of silvery-white metal with an incredible blue gem melded into it. The gem was an incredible item, resonating with the space around it as it seemed to bend space and time.

"This ring was made by the Lord, and it will guide you through your conquest to save this galaxy."

There it was, that name again. Delta recalled hearing her say it before, and she clearly held them in high regards.

She threw the ring forwards towards Delta, sending it flying towards him.

Instinctively, Delta moved out of the way, however instead of evading the projectile as he had intended, he found himself right where he had started as if space had distorted around him.

"Don't worry, this will only benefit you."

The ring slipped onto Delta's finger, melding in before disappearing.

Suddenly, he heard a voice inside his head.

[System Host located. Beginning download]

Delta recoiled in shock. Whilst he had never been too eager for the subject, he had come into contact with a few light novels and comics before, so he was familiar with the idea of a system, but he had never expected to have one installed into himself.

He looked at the Galaxy, a shocked expression still plastered on his face.

"Is this what I think it is?"

"And more. I can't take credit for its design though, for better or worse."

[Downloading: 1%]

[Downloading: 5%]

"It's going pretty quickly."

"You have about 30 seconds, so I'll need to speak quickly. There will be an attack on the school soon, and when it comes, you will need to be ready. You must use your time to prepare yourself as much as possible because you're going to need it. You already have sufficient combat experience, so I would suggest focusing on body strengthening magic and a long-range attack."

Delta nodded, wiping the shock off of his face and returning to the mercenary demeanour he was accustomed to.

"How long do I have?"

"I can't be sure right now, but I can tell you it will happen within 2 months. Take that time to increase your powers as much as possible, or else we may lose this war."

"What's the training method?"

"The system will guide you through it. All you have to do is survive."

Delta felt that she may have been making it sound a lot easier than it was.

"Last question, who is this Lord you speak of?"

"Him? You'll find out in due time, by the way, you're welcome for the method I gave you." She replied cheekily as if she had pranked him and he was about to find out what she did.

"Wait, wha-"

She waved her hand, and Delta found his vision distorting yet again, blurring and contorting until it disappeared completely.

Suddenly, Delta found himself back where he had started, sat with his legs crossed and eyes shut, except this time, he felt like he held the world in his hands.

His entire body was rushing with power, as if it had come alive in his body, strengthening him to a level he would never have thought possible.

He looked for his core again, feeling for any differences from before, however, he never could have anticipated the sight he 'saw'.

Rivers of blue were flooding out of his core, spreading through his ribcage to his heart before spreading everywhere.

Delta jumped up onto his feet, stretching his sore arms and legs before placing his hands under the table.

He began lifting it, expecting to struggle even slightly considering it being a full-sized bench, however surprisingly, it was as light as a feather.

It was so light, in fact, that Delta started playing a mini-game of catch with it, much to the surprise of Angus who had been watching the process.

He didn't quite know what had happened, but he certainly wasn't complaining.

Then, a screen appeared in front of him, narrating its text:

[Download Complete. Beginning Installation. It is recommended that the user sit down in a safe location.]

[ETC: 107 minutes]

[Starting in: 0:59]

[Starting in: 0:58]

It began counting down, and with the recommendation he had just been given, Delta took it very seriously.

"Professor, how long is this lesson going to last?"

Taking a second to wipe the shocked expression on his face, he replied, "Until 4 PM. Why?"

"No worries. How long is this phase going to last?"

"Normally around 3 hours in total. Is there something I should be aware of?"

Delta looked back at the timer, which now read [0:23]

"I want to sleep for a while, I'm really tired."

Angus looked at him like he was crazy, but then sighed "Fine, you can rest until 3 pm since you're already done. Be careful when doing things like that alright? You could have died before I could save you."

He sat back down without saying more, resting his arms on the table, and his head on his forearms as if asleep.

He wasn't sure what the system was talking about, however since it asked him to sit down, it would probably be best for him to do that.

Laying down, he watched the timer slowly tick down, until finally:

[Starting in: 0:03]

[Starting in: 0:02]

[Starting in: 0:01]

[Beginning Installation]

With that, everything went dark.

7