Chapter 23 – Training
300 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Come on, move that thin feet of yours faster! Don't stop to waste unnecessary breath, keep it minimum and focus more on attacking me. Don't give your enemy time to think. That's right, just like that," I said while easily stepping to the side as I dodged the incoming fist, before moving backward due to her follow-up attack. 

"Stop dodging! Take the hit like man, will you?!" Kiana complained, as unwilling she is to admit, all of her attack seemed to always missed their target. But more importantly, the way he was moving around her sneakily like a snake somehow triggered her. At least, one punch! She wanted to at least punch that smug expression off his face that appeared every times she missed!

"Oh my dear Kiana Idiotka, you really living up to your name." I sighed before lowering my head as her punch flew above my fluttering hair.

"Stop calling me that! Ei!" 

"Then stop saying idiotic stuff like that. Also, stop the mindless punching and think for a moment before you attack. What is that brain in your head doing for? Pervert thoughts?"

"I'm neither idiot nor pervert! Die!" Shouted Kiana before jumping and throwing a high kick from above, to which I dodged it by twisting my body as her feet hit the floor causing a spider-like cracks to spread from the center. 

"Huh, is that all you can do? With that meager strength of yours, how do you even dream of looking for your dad?" As if it wasn't obvious from the beginning, I was provoking her. I wanted to see if she can really awaken to some kind of power like the other protagonist in the story when they were pushed into a corner. I mean who knows, it isn't impossible that's for sure. Though Mei was looking at our way with a worried expression on her face, she didn't intervene since I had told her ahead of time.

"Shut up, you jerk!" Slowly, I can sense that her speed is increasing. She probably didn't notice it in midst of her rage, but I can clearly see it. As if something is empowering her, every punch of her was a lot faster and stronger than the previous one. If her previous attack could be said to be on the lower end of superhuman, now it's sitting in the middle, ever slightly increasing. It doesn't seem much for someone like me, but it's a huge improvement for her. That is if she can control her power well enough that her mind remains calm and collected, but looking at her face, I doubted it.

Just as I thought she was aiming for my head, she surprised me by changing the direction of her target midway during her swing. 

*Thump!*

"See, you can do it if you put effort into it," I truthfully complimented her while the latter was gasping for air on the ground with a dumbfounded look on her face. To be honest, she was sure her attack will connect this time, but suddenly, she saw him becoming blur before her world turning upside down and then came the pain of her back hitting the ground hard. 

It had always been like this even since her first training. Just as she thought she was going to get him, he went ahead and put her in place moment after. He had been playing around with her for the first few days before starting to provoke her for some unknown reasons. She knew he was doing it on purpose, but Kiana find it hard to ignore as if his words had magic that works perfectly on her. 

Even so, she somehow managed to surprise me with a new attack when I least expected. When that happened, I ended up using a bit of my power to throw her off the ground. I believes she's getting stronger and faster as the training goes on, but that might just be me as the person herself didn't believe she is actually improving. To her, an improvement means actually landing a hit on me, which was impossible for the current her unless she awakened her herrscher power.

She obviously knew that her current power is not enough to even get me serious. Still, she worked hard on her training with the believe that she can land a hit on me somewhere in the near future. Though an idiot she is, she is a lovable idiot. 

"Good work, Kiana-chan. Here, have some energy drink," Mei said with an encouraging smile before handing the dying tuna a bottle of energy drink in her hand. Upon seeing the smiling Mei to her right, one can tell Kiana obviously perked up from that with just a look at her face. 

"My angel!" She shouted before lunging forward to embrace Mei which the latter accepted with a wry smile. 

"Seems like you still have enough energy for another round of sparing, huh?" I muttered loud enough for her to hear as her body flinched upon hearing my voice. Without turning around, she quickly let go of her arms around Mei and dropped to the ground before muttering about how her whole body is hurting, and that she need a healing real quick.

Seeing this, Mei couldn't contain herself anymore and a laughter escaped out of her mouth. Even I chuckled a tiny bit at Kiana's childish action before leaving the two behind as I exited Imaginary Space. 

The training so far had been worth it. At the very least, I do learned how to control the output of my power better so that I don't accidentally end someone when my aim is to immobilize them. Having an overwhelming power is good and all, without a good control of it, you may end up ruining yourself. This was something I've learned in my three years journey in another world. 

Honestly, I've done a little investigation of my real world on my free time. There were no sign of someone having a superpower, or at least in public. I bet secretly they do exists. That's what I'm worried about;if even someone whom was once as weak as me could suddenly awakened to an overpowered ability, I don't think it isn't possible for others too. 

I had never once think highly of myself like someone special, a main protagonist of the sort. True, I've indeed gained powers that would make me the main protagonist, but that's where my worry lies. Though I may look carefree most of the times, I'm worried that one day a powerful enemy would appear in front of me. I mean, I may sounds quite paranoid but, suddenly gaining an overpowered ability makes me think that I might have to fight against an enemy much stronger than even the current me.

It just didn't sit well to me that I can easily gain power without paying any sort of price, or experiencing hardship that many of the protagonists go through in their life. As my power grows stronger, my worries also followed along. But for now, all I can do is to prepare myself for that day if it ever come. Better be safe than regret, am I right?

Don't forget to vote if you enjoy the read so far!

Check out my patreon for more chapters ahead!(5-6 Chapters)

https://www.patreon.com/NeetGuy

Thanks for the support, Talon Hollins, Daniel Barbosa, Victor Gonzalez, GodxHandsome!

11