Chapter 26 – Chiba Eri
288 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I haven't introduce myself yet, did I? I'm Eri, Chiba Eri. Once again, I'm really thankful for you being there at the time, saving me from the clutch of death." The girl then respectfully bows her head toward me. We were currently seated in a private room of the library on the second floor. The private room exists for people who preferred being alone or away from the crowd on the first floor. The library can become quite crowdy when the exam is closing by. 

However, there are quite few people who end up using it as a room for a private discussion instead, including us. 

Thankful for me being there, huh? She should've known that I wasn't there to save her, in fact, I was just watching at the side. If she had given up on life there and then, I'd just move on. That will be it, our first and final meeting.

"You shouldn't be. I wasn't there to save you," I honestly told her. I don't want to raise any false flag if I could. Misunderstanding is, after all, can lead to something huge if left unattended. It's funny to laugh at other's suffering because you aren't in their place. It's actually not a laughing joke when you experience it yourself.

"I know. I also know that saving me might just be a mere whim of yours. But even so, you did it. You saved me. I wouldn't be here to talk with you if you had kept that thinking till the very end. It wouldn't be a lie to say that you changed my life from then onwards," A cheerful smiles blossomed on her face, giving me the impression of a sun shining brightly in the dawn of the day. I'm not trying to sound poetic here, but it does feel like that to me. 

"Well, if that's what you think, I won't change your mind. But it's definitely a surprise to see you here though," After experiencing zombie apocalypse, I had thought she would have preferred living in a far away countryside instead of being here, learning how to fight the trauma she may or may not receive that day. Wouldn't it be smarter to stay far away from trouble? That might be what some people may thinks, however, even if she stayed at the end of the world, she wouldn't be completely safe from Honkai. If I were to go with that thinking, it IS indeeed wiser for her to learn how to fight.

At the very least, if she were to experience the same hell again, she wouldn't be completely helpless. But... her actual reason for being here is a lot more simple than I thought it would be.

"I'm surprised too! I didn't expect for Kei-san to be the rumored person! If I had known earlier, I would have express my gratitude much sooner than now, but all that ends well! I'm glad that my decision for enrolling into this high school was the right one! It might takes a few years, but I'll be able to help—no, fight side by side with you, Kei-san!"

"Hmm? What do you mean by that?" Mei asked the question that also plagued my mind the moment I heard her words. I'm pretty sure I only told her my name before I left her alone, of course I at least killed off the zombies in the surrounding just to be sure she would escape safely out of the city. There weren't any promise about the fight side to side part, which I assumed she might be under misunderstanding. 

"Uh, well, you see...that's the end goal of my plan, Cough, once I've become a powerful valkyrie. I thought that's the only way for me to...uh, run into you again," She muttered with a visible blush on her cheeks. If not for my sharp hearing, I might have missed the latter part of her words since her voice gradually becomes softer to a mumble level. Is this...the legendary suspension bridge effect? Cause I don't remember triggering any other flags for her other than that time I saved her.

Mei, can you stop looking at me like that? No, I swear I did nothing to her! I mean, she do has a bombshell body that you may not see it on any other girls same ages as her, it would be a lie to say I'm not interested...Cough, well I'm getting a bit sidetracks there.

"Well, your reason aside, how are you doing so far? Did anyone bully you or something?" I asked both out of curiosity and wanting to change the topic as soon as possible. Hearing my words, her blush increased even more as she answered with a shake of her head. Did I sounds like a worried boyfriend or something? I'm pretty sure that's a normal question since I used to ask that a lot to my little sister, and all I got in return was her fist to my stomach. It didn't hurt at all so I didn't bother dodging.

"If the teacher found out the freshmen's prodigy was being bullied, I'm sure they won't be happy. I also don't think anyone would even have enough courage to do that. Fufufu, you're quite a worrywart, aren't you?" Mei said with a smile. 

"Freshmen's Prodigy?" 

"Uh, that's what people are calling me now. I didn't know when it stuck to me, but all I did was studying and training even on my free time." Eri answered with an embarrassed look on her face. Now that I take another closer look at her, she has the characteristic of a protagonist which started up with her pretty silky silver-white hair at shoulder length. She also has a stunning ocean-blue pupils that would make any man take a second look at her. 

Because I've literally been living in the same dorm as four stunning beauties, and the fact that the women of this world are all beautiful, my standard for appearance may have increased unknowingly. This girl is actually quite the looker.

Upon noticing my eyes on her, she started fidgeting around on her seat as the blush that almost disappear from her face swiftly return. Remembering how high of a resistance her body is to the Honkai energy, I guess it make sense that she stood out among the rest of the other freshmen. Plus, if what she was saying is true, she must be a hard-working student like a certain phoenix. 

"Um...is there anything on my face?"

"No, I was simply surprised. Nonetheless, I'm glad to hear that you're doing well after experiencing such a traumatic event. Rather, you're doing more than well if people are spreading a rumor like that."

"Hehehe, it wasn't much, really." She said with a sheepish smile. It seems like having a small praise from me was enough to put a smile on her face. This...has put me in a quite difficult situation. 

*Cough!*

Hearing a small cough right next to me, I slowly turned my head and saw Mei sending me an understanding look at me before saying,"Kei-san, do you still wanted to tour around the school? You have seen how enormous the inside of our library is, but there are still quite a few places that are interesting in my book,"

"Eh? Ah, I apologise! I didn't know you were exploring the school, I'm sorry for taking away your time! Um, you too, Mei-Senpai!"

"No, there's no need for that. I was simply bored and decided to walk around, and your senpai here was kind enough to be my guide. I don't mind if you want to tag along, I'm sure your senpai don't mind it either, but don't you have something to do in the first place?" I said with Mei nodding her head to my words.

"Really?! Then, I'd like to tag along as well! I had already studied enough in my room for the day anyway!"

"Well, if you insist." 

Don't forget to favorite if you enjoy the read so far!

Check out my patreon for more chapters ahead!(5 Chapters)

https://www.patreon.com/NeetGuy

Thanks for the support, Talon Hollins, Daniel Barbosa, Victor Gonzalez, GodxHandsome!

12