Chapter 28 – Yae Sakura
302 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Before reading this chapter, do note that I've decided to change a bit of Yae Sakura's history to fit in the plot of my wish fulfillment. I wanted the Miko girl to get her happiness, duh. 


She wasn't killed by Kallen like the plot in the manhua/manga, but instead ended up killing the latter with the 12th Herrscher's power which she then fell into a deep slumber but woken up later in the year of 2014. ]

The Cursed Shrine Priestess POV

Ever since the day I had woken up from a long deep slumber, I had traveled mindlessly all over the world without a goal nor destination in mind. I had lost my village to a disaster, my sister to an unfortunate incident, and my loved one by my own hands. I don't even know why am I still alive, perhaps it is to atone for the sins I've committed. Or maybe the world hasn't had enough giving me hardships in my long years of lifespans.

At some point in life, I had thought that perhaps I am cursed. Every happiness I had was only for a short moment before it would be reaped apart, leaving me feeling emptiness I had long gotten used to. But thanks to the presence living inside of me, my life could have been a lot worst without it. But it was also the reason my life had been torturous and filled with loneliness. 

Because of my special ability, I couldn't get close to anyone without the risk of harming them. 

One day, I picked up something from afar with my powerful sense. There was a sense of familiarity that I thought I had lost it with time, but apparently not, so I followed it without thinking which leads me to a wrecked city. It seemed the third outbreak had happened in this city, quite unfortunate. 

But indeed there was. I feel like I'm getting closer to it, so I keep chasing after it while my hope keep growing each day passed. But there was also a part of me that stubbornly insisted that I should abandon the hope aside so that I won't be hurt again. While my mind was in turmoil, my feet keep advancing as my endless stamina makes it harder for it stop.

I don't know how long I've walked, but I had passed many strange buildings from when I began this journey. People also looked at me with a strange gaze, especially the thing on top of my head. It couldn't be helped that I became such a sore thumb due to that, I also couldn't bother hiding it since I see no reason other than not wanting to stand out.

I was just a normal priestess in the past, but due to a certain incident, I had grown a part of beast which was the rabbit ears on top of my head. It was also due to this very ears that my sense had become increasingly sharper than when I was a human. I wanted to say that I'm still a human, but with the second soul resided in my body alongside the strange tattoo on my back, I couldn't confidently say I am.

For some unknown reasons during my travel, some people had been began attacking me whenever there was no one else in the surrounding. They suddenly appeared in front of me one day, and asked me to follow them without resisting. Not knowing anything, I refused which forced them to start attacking me. I then realized that their goal wasn't to kill, but to capture me alive. I immediately concluded they must be the people from some secret organization that does inhuman experiments onto childrens that Kallen had talked about in the past.

Afterward, I didn't hold myself back anymore and began attacking them instead of defending myself whenever they appeared in front of me again. But then suddenly, it stopped. They no longer appeared before me and my path wasn't hindered. I was suspicious at first, thinking they might be plotting something like a trap, but I saw no such a thing. 

A few weeks had gone by after I've reached the wrecked city. I still didn't know where I am, but apparently there was a famous teaching institute on this region, or so I heard from a few people that kindly told me. My sense were telling me that was the place where the familiarity that I had picked up a month ago. Strangely enough, the existence hidden inside of me were also intrigued by it. I swiftly speed up my pace as the only thing that piqued it's interest is usually bad, or even worse.

Please, I don't want to lost another reason in life. Whatever it is at the end my chase, please be safe. I might have jinxed it with my prayers as, while I'm still a few distances away, my sense picked up a terrible presence hurling toward what I had been chasing for. No! 

[Why are you holding yourself back? Just leave it to me, and I'll surely take care of this problem with ease.]

A voice suddenly whispered in my mind. I wasn't surprise as I do knew who it was. I had been ignoring it ever since I woke up from my long slumber. 

[Hey, come on. Don't you want to get there faster? Then use me, use my power!]

No, I won't. 

[Why are you so stubborn? Do you want to save her or not? With your current speed, she might be dead by the time you arrive there. If you use my power, you can still save her! I know that deep inside your heart, you desperately wanted to use me. What are you afraid of? I'm yours to begin with. Use my power as you please.]

That was the last thing I heard before my mind went down. I don't remember what happen after that. By the time I regained my mind, I was laying on a soft sofa in an unknown room. There was a strange youth sitting close to me, he smiles at me the moment my eyes caught him in my sight. 

"I hope you had a good rest. Let me introduce myself once again, I'm Miyamoto Kei. Nice to meet you, Yae Sakura-san." 

It might sound strange but when I looked into his eyes, it felt like he knows everything about me. There was no secret hidden from that crimson eyes, it was a very peculiar experience to say the least. But it didn't matter. What I'm more worried about is...

"What happened?" I wanted to know what happened after I lost my conscious. Something bad surely happens. No one was able to stop me once I used that power, not even Kallen. My heart was prepared to hear the tragedy I've caused that resulted from me giving the reins of my body to that. But what he said next surprised me.

"Nothing much. Just a couple of buildings destroyed while trying to stop you and the Pseudo-herrscher. There were no casualty nor anyone's injured. Well, it would have gone differently if I wasn't there."

He...stopped me? Is that even possible? And what is Pseudo-herrscher? No, he must be lying to me. But...there were no falsehood in his words. 

Perhaps, noticing the confusion on my face, he smiles before saying,"I know you wouldn't believe me, that's fine. Then, take a look at this." He then picked up an object on the table near us before pressing a single button on it. Suddenly, my head turned toward the wide black object stucked in the wall. It was showing me a recording of what had happened a few hours ago. I later learned the wide black object was called television, it is an amazing technology developed by mankind.

Don't forget to favorite if you enjoy the read so far!

Check out my patreon for more chapters ahead!(5 Chapters)

https://www.patreon.com/NeetGuy

Thanks for the support, Talon Hollins, Daniel Barbosa, Victor Gonzalez, GodxHandsome!

12