Chapter 32 – Yae Sakura II
300 5 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was about to heaved a sigh of relief when I was forced to move away from my previous spot as something suddenly came crashing into the classroom from the outside, leaving the broken wall(well part of them), and the shattered glasses from the window all over the floor.

"W-What...what's going on?!" Theresa said in surprise. I wanted to know about that too.

Once the smoke had dispersed to the surrounding, both of us could finally see what had just crashed into the wall. That's...Yae? Sakura Yae? That long fox ears that one might easily mistaken it for rabbit ears...it's definitely her. But what is wrong with her? She had no pupils, rather iris in her eyes as far as my eyes can see, it's all white. I can only see the sclera of her eyes.

Her current state seems oddly strange. She also showed no sign of responding to Theresa's shouted either. Plus, she's usually using her sword to fight, or at least that's what I learned from the game. But from the look of her current appearance, she had no sword equipped in hands. How did she crashed into the wall then? With only her body? I guess that's what to be expected from one of the herrschers. 

"Wait! Don't get close to her! Though she looked familiar to me, her current state is dangerous! It's like...she was controlled by a herrscher!" Theresa said, stopping me on my track when I was about to walk closer to 'Yae'. I have been wondering about this for a while now, but isn't she worrying needlessly? Is it because I had been holding myself back so aside from the three girls which consist of Kiana, Mei, and Bronya, who had been training with me, they already know how strong I am. Same goes to Himeko, she experienced it herself back then.

But Theresa? She probably only learned of my power from the video in Nagazora, and information from Himeko. She didn't see it with her own two eyes, she most likely still think I'm not quite there yet or something along the line? Or maybe because she knew the current 'Yae' is stronger than her so she believe I won't be able to beat her the same way I did with the Pseudo-Herrscher. Whatever it is, she will come to know about it now.

But as a result for Theresa shouting, she didn't notice a presence on her back. The moment after she warned me, 'Yae' disappeared from her spot before reappearing right behind the small figure of Theresa in a blink of an eye. Of course I swiftly teleported before 'Yae' could turn Theresa into a meat paste by parrying her blow with my own move—sending her flying with my palm right on her stomach.

"Get back, Theresa-san. Just leave her to me." I said before charging toward 'Yae' as the latter also doing the same. While we were exchanging blows, my mind was pondering the strange state 'Yae' was currently in. No matter how many times I called her out, she didn't show any sign of making a conversation with me, and instead had one goal, that is to kill me. I knew for sure that it must be the Herrscher who was the one controlling Yae at this moment just like what Theresa had said. 

But what I wanted to know is how did it comes to this? She was fine in the manhua;she wouldn't even think of sacrificing herself to save Theresa if her mind wasn't stable to begin with. Is it because of me? That's the only conclusion I could come up with, logically. 

Because the inside of the classroom was not a very good place for a herrscher battle to take place, the whole building began trembling all over;a sign that it's about to give in to the pressure. I quickly threw Theresa out of the hole where 'Yae' came from along with Oath of Judah. She's not human so she should be fine. I may have heard of her saying something about treating her better since she's a woman when I picked her up, but that might be just my imagination isn't it?

A few seconds later, a crack started appearing all over the floor of the classroom. Since Theresa is out of the scene, I can finally test my herrscher power against a real one by switching the battle from the classroom to my Imaginary Space with just a snap of my fingers. Yeah, I know. I should've use this move from the beginning, was it? No, I'm still keeping my power a secret—rather, how much I can do. 

Theresa most likely already knew about the door that lead to Imaginary Space in my room. But she doesn't know that I can just teleport there from anywhere I am. The door was just there to make them think my power isn't that much of a threat to them, aka limited, I'm talking about that bastard Otto. The more he underestimated me, the better the chance in killing him. That is if I could find the real him, not the clone. But that's for the future me to think about, I need to focus on what's in front of me right now.

'Yae' was surprised upon finding herself in a new environment, but that was only for a moment before she charge toward me once she saw me. Because I wanted to know how my body would fared against Herrscher's blows, I didn't dodge the incoming claw attack and just stood there with my arms wide open. 

"As expected, even when I turned off my other abilities, just putting a lot of Honkai energy to act as a barrier around me is more than enough to protect me," It's works like a protective shield surrounded me, but with Honkai energy as it's fuel, it will take forever for an attack to breakthrough if 'Yae' didn't use any special move. Perhaps understanding this, she stepped back, immediately putting a distance between us before bending her body over like an animal on all fours. Seeing this, I remembered the herrscher inside Yae were apparently a fox.

It should understand my words since I've read about it in the manhua when it tried to talk some sense to Yae when the latter wanted to sacrifice herself for Theresa. But for some reasons, it was adamant on trying to end me. That's what I sensed from looking into her eyes. 

Suddenly, there's a wisp of red smoke around her body. It didn't stop there, no. Slowly but surely, her body is transforming. It only took a minute before the shrine priestess turned into a full car-sized red fox. It isn't Yae Sakura anymore, it's the herrscher.

"You know, I'm something of a fox person myself. However, don't think that I will show mercy because of that."

Don't forget to favorite if you enjoy the read so far!

Check out my patreon for more chapters ahead!(5 Chapters)

https://www.patreon.com/NeetGuy

Thanks for the support, Talon Hollins, Daniel Barbosa, Victor Gonzalez, GodxHandsome!

14