Chapter 33 – Negligence
285 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm sorry, Theresa-sama. We have thoroughly searched everywhere with all our forces, but we found nothing in the end." 

After she was thrown out of the building as the building also slowly fell apart subsequently, Theresa was in a panic as she couldn't sense nor see him anywhere around the premise. She had called for a reinforcement and commanded them to search for him and the second herrscher, but as says by the valkyrie, nothing was found. 

From her knowledge, there should only be a single herrscher on each outbreaks. But a moment before, there was a Pseudo-Herrscher, and then another True Herrscher appeared before her while the man was right next to her. If the Pseudo-Herrscher still counts, there are now three Herrschers in existence. That should've been impossible if anyone had told her normally, but she saw it with her own two eyes.

The appearance of the second herrscher though, it seems to be that of a shrine priestess but there shouldn't be any in this day and age anymore. It's either she was a person from the past, or it would be funny if it was just a cosplayer. Either way, it's too dangerous to leave two Herrschers fighting as even one of them could easily decapitate a city or two on their whim—imagine the destruction the two of them will produce with their godly power.

But that being said, how could she finds them when they didn't leave any lead. What leads to their disappearance was unknown, they also wouldn't simply die from being crushed by the concrete of the building. That's just how tough they are.

"Do any of you have any idea?" Her question were answered with a huge no. With a sigh, she dismissed them. If only Himeko was here, but unfortunately she was sent elsewhere with Hyperion for other business and couldn't be here without a solid reason. 'I hope Kei-san is safe. And hopefully he didn't recklessly starts a fight with the other herrscher on his own. He is strong, but I don't think he can put up a fight with that other herrscher from the exchanges they had done in the classroom. Just get away from her, it's not a cowardly move as it's important to stay alive instead of fighting unwinnable fight.'

Though she couldn't help but feel something's wrong. It's like she had a feeling that Kei won't be running away from the fight. 

"Tsk, Oath of Judah! Help me to locate the missing herrschers!" So she commanded, but the Oath of Judah showed no sign of responding to her words."What's wrong? Why are you not responding to me?"

Of course it won't respond to her, after all, the missing herrschers is still within her range. They are just invisible to her and the others, to be more specific, they are in Kei's Imaginary Space. Before the building could collapse on them, he had pulled the other herrscher alongside him to another dimension. But obviously Theresa had no knowledge of such event happening since she was thrown away ahead of time.

If she couldn't give a more specific information/order to Oath of Judah, otherwise, it couldn't provide any help to her. 

But she also couldn't just leave, what if later he returned and required her help in subduing the other herrscher, and she wasn't there to give a helping hand? With that in mind, Theresa decided to sit back and wait. Just a few hours or so, if that's not enough, she will leave it to her subordinates. She still have job to do after all. 

...

Inside the Imaginary Space.

*Boom!*

Another building collapse to the ground at the might of a car-sized fox crashing onto it. I was sure the fox was a lot bigger in the game than this one, but the power it had shown so far suggested it had in fact grown weaker for some reasons. But as the fight goes on, it was just like during practice with Kiana, I noticed that the fox were also slowly increasing in both speed and strength. 

"Hup!" When a claw attack was on its way toward me, instead of avoiding them, I decided to throw a punch at it. As the result of the impact, it was only the fox that was sent tumbling backward while I remains on the same spot. This exchanges have been continuing since the fox transformation. 

While the latter was trying to kill me with all its might, I'm here solely to practice my power on it. Because most of its injuries gradually heal itself as time goes on, there wasn't a need to hold myself back with that in mind. I can even heal it if that wasn't enough.

"Come on, don't you know all of this is useless?" I said when the fox launched another identical attack toward me. Unlike previously, this time I let its sharp claw hits my body. But it could only go as far as tearing my shirt apart, other than that, I'm unscathed."See? I told yo—"

Suddenly, I felt a bit nauseous for some unknown reason which forced me to halt from saying more. From the spot where its claw had touched, I sensed a strange energy trying to destroy my body from the inside. It's first attempted was successful as some of my organs near my left rib quickly rot the moment I noticed it's presence. It's a wisp of black energy, this must be the true power it had been hiding from me. 

From the very beginning, it launched the same attacks only to make me put my guard down, to which I did. As a result, I had given it a chance to attack me from the inside. Yeah, call me stupid if you want. Even so.

"This is nowhere enough to kill me you know?" I muttered as my whole body was suddenly engulfed in a golden light. The wisp of unknown black energy inside my body immediately became agitated as if it has met it's mortal enemy. It stubbornly resisted against my power, but eventually it dispersed into nothingness as if being purified. Due to the recoil, the fox vomited a mouthful of blood to the ground. 

Sorry for the late posting, I'm kind of feeling unmotivated these days. Nonetheless, don't forget to favorite if you enjoy the read so far!

Check out my patreon for more chapters ahead!(5 Chapters)

https://www.patreon.com/NeetGuy

Thanks for the support, Talon Hollins, Daniel Barbosa, Victor Gonzalez, GodxHandsome!

13