Chapter 34 – Power Up:Futile
255 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After vomiting mouthful of bloods, the fox appeared even weaker than before despite not receiving any physical injury on its body. It seems the attack I had received was special, most likely a corruption force, which upon being purified by my healing ability, it received some sort of recoil to the spirit of the herrscher in Yae's body. Perhaps Yae was also included in the recoils but that couldn't be helped.

The 12th Herrscher, also known as Herrscher of Corruption. If my memory serve me right, it's a lethal self-aware virus type of herrscher. One of its kind. If I could control it's power and make it mine, I can hack any government's information server even if it's protect with the strongest firewall. Perhaps, even the Schicksal. 

At the moment, I could only control lightning and void since I had experiences on such elements before I even enter this universe. Though it is without a doubt that I holds absolute control over the Honkai energy, I am still somehow restrict by this world's rules and regulations. But no worries, as this world's technology advance, I would also grows stronger. Yes, just like the real Honkai.

Though it appeared weak, the fox still continues attacking me from all of its limbs, tail as well. But just like before, none of its attack could bypass the defensive barrier I had setup around my whole body. I won't make the same mistake twice. I didn't forget to add another element into my barrier alongside the Honkai energy, which is good when use against the corruption force. The moment when it tried to do the same sneak attack, the wisp of black energy which I now dubbed as corruption, couldn't even break into my physical body before it was purified within second.

Before I could punch it away, the fox hastily retreated with blood trailing down from its mouth. Only now did it realized it's sneak attack won't work anymore. But that didn't mean it has given up. Suddenly, the fox whole body lit up, giving the impression of an Infernal Fox. I wasn't surprised, I knew from the game that Yae had always been a fire element. Though the herrscher certainly holds the power of corruption, that didn't mean it couldn't use Yae's power as it's own.

Even the appearance and the aura had undergone a massive changes. From a weakening fox to that of a huge mad fox burning with vengeance;it is truly the second form, or phase two as what some players called it. Interesting, now it looks identical to that of a game bosses. Let's see if it actually pack a punch. With that in mind, my figure disappeared on my previous spot before throwing my fist toward the head of the fox from above. It was in the blink of an eye, however...

*Boom!*

"Huh, so it wasn't just your appearance that changed. That's good!" I laughed when my punch hit the floor. My blood began to boil just at the thought of the fox getting stronger. I wasn't this hot-blooded to begin with, but throughout those three years I spent in another world, I have grown to something like this. I still had the caution side of me, but there are times that my hot-bloodedness overshadowed the former just like the current situation. As much as I'm unwilling to admit, I do loves the feeling it gives me when fighting a strong opponent. 

It's even more apparent when most of my opponents so far had all been much weaker than me. It wasn't a fight when things turned out that way. I'm certainly glad that I don't have to risk my life like most protagonists do on their way to become stronger. But it also has it's own cons.

The reason why most people enjoyed reading the protagonist going through all the hardships, despite some may hates or even despised how torturous it was, and eventually prevail through sheer will wasn't only because it was interesting. It showed the power the protagonist had amassed from all those hardships was certainly worth the price. Last but not least, it's sending them a message that even their hard work would eventually bore fruit in the end. 

Though the fox had grown much stronger than before, it still couldn't break through my skin with its sharp claws. Even the corruption secretly imbued in each of its attacks failed to inflict any damage on me. But still, the force behind it shouldn't be underestimated as it was more than enough to create a huge crater if it ever hits the ground. 

Just as it's attacks unable to create any wound on me, I also couldn't land any of my punches on it as the latter always managed to avoid it with its amazing speed at the very last second. Even as the time goes on, the fox didn't show any sign of exhaustion as if it has unlimited energy and could go on forever. But I knew that was merely an illusion since I could tell that the fox is slowly getting desperate.

I'd feel the same if I were in its place. It had no choice but to keep dodging my punch as all of them could inflict more damage than it's own attack toward me, but none of its attacks could hurt even a single strain my hair. Basically, it's unwinnable fight. 

Suddenly, the fox stopped on top of a building before howling up to the sky. Seeing the strange action from the fox, I decided to sit back and watch for a bit. At first, I didn't notice anything. But as the fox continues, I immediately picked up the strangeness of the current situation. Though it is an Imaginary Space, it isn't completely isolated from the real world. So to say, there's still Honkai energy lingering in this special space. 

And those very energy was suddenly pulled toward the fox like a magnet. Is it trying to power up under these circumstanced so that it could perhaps has a chance of besting me? Though I'm interested in what the fox would become if I choose to stay idle, I don't want to waste more time in subduing it. Theresa must be wondering outside by now, let's not make her wait.

Sorry for the late posting, and since I've missed two chapters, here you go.

Don't forget to favorite if you enjoy the read so far!

Check out my patreon for more chapters ahead!(5 Chapters)

https://www.patreon.com/NeetGuy

Thanks for the support, Talon Hollins, Daniel Barbosa, Victor Gonzalez, GodxHandsome!

11