Chapter 35 – Aftermath
325 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At Chiba Highschool, Nagazora.

It had been almost two hours since Theresa remained seated on the chair brought by her subordinates from the other building near the collapse. Thanks to her subordinates, she wasn't bored out of her mind waiting for Kei to return. As much as she wanted to standby on her own, her subordinates isn't such a cold-hearted people to make their lovely and cute superior suffer in waits.

They even told her to leave the matter to them, but she insisted on staying at the very least for three hours. If they didn't brought that up to remind her, she might have not even consider leaving. 

While they were waiting under the sunshade stand from the glaring sun, the small group of valkyries under Theresa's command could be seen playing cards with their small boss. If this had been under normal circumstance, the latter would have reprimand them. But in current situation, she would have been bored to death if her subordinates had remained in their 'work state'. She feel complicated but decided to blame Kei later since she wouldn't be in this peculiar situation had he not threw her out of the building.

But knowing the latter did it out of consideration of her safety, she decided to simply reprimand him about it. While she was playing along with the valkyries, Theresa suddenly dropped all the cards on her hands on top of the table before standing up, and turned her head to her back. Among the crumbles of once a building, there stood a men she had been waiting for. She also noticed he was carrying an unconscious woman on his back. That woman is most likely the one who were supposedly possessed by a herrscher. 

If he's bringing her with him, that must means he deal the problem without killing her like he did with the previous highschool girl. As to how, she will question him later. But wether he will answer her or not, that remains to be seen.

"Oh? Sorry for the wait. I didn't expect the building to suddenly collapse on us so I had to changed the place for the battle, hahaha." 

"You..." Theresa sighed. From the look of the situation, she was just needlessly worried for nothing. There's no sign of injury anywhere on his body, nor tear on his clothes; he's perfectly fine. 

"Who is that woman on your shoulder?" While the two were walking toward the floating ship in the distance followed by a small group of valkyries, Theresa couldn't help but voice out her curiosity. Because she was worried about him, she had forgotten to search for information in regards to Yae Sakura. Which is to say, she had no clue who the unconscious woman on his shoulder is.

"Her name is Yae Sakura. I don't precisely know how old her actual age is, however, I do knew for a fact that she used to live in the same era as Kallen Kaslana."

"!!!"

"Is what you're saying true?!" Stopping in her track before walking closer to me to the point her head is just a few meters away from me, and started questioning. Unfortunately, because of short height, it looks more like a child demanding something from her parent instead of an adult discussion. Nonetheless, I didn't bother hiding the information since she would've figured it out eventually.

"Yes. I don't know how she still has the same appearance at the time which showed no sign of aging, but I knew she wasn't an existence like you either. Perhaps, it might have to do with her herrscher power. As for where did my source came from, that's a secret~"

Hearing my words, the small figure fell into a deep contemplation. I knew I planned on saving the girl, but now that she was on my shoulder, what should I do next? Maybe I can just make another Imaginary Space, and in there, I can possibly revive Kallen and live happily ever after with Yae? If they remained there for a while until my strength, and I mean my herrscher power, grows to the point that I don't have to use my other abilities anymore, then it's possible to let them outside.

And if by that time I could somehow get in contact with Otto, maybe I can make him stop whatever he was planning for the future by showing Kallen in front of him. He's an intelligent guy, I don't think he will try to kill Yae if that will makes the latter sad. He is that much of a simp for Kallen that it's kind of scary in my opinion. At least he didn't show any yandere tendency.

Plus, if I can get him to somehow work for me, maybe there's a future for my world to develop in Virtual World from his guidance. Don't worry my fellow gamer comrades, I haven't forgotten about you guys. I also don't need to be worried about government knocking on my door with the cunning blonde working for me. The last thing to be careful about is the dark side of my world. 

For now, I don't have that much information on them. I'm no hacker to begin with, so I couldn't just search online without worrying of the government following my track. Heck, I might attracted their attention instead. Man, even after becoming overpowered, troubles that possibly topple me still exists, huh?

It make perfect sense since I'm not an almighty god or anything like that. At the end of the day, I could still be killed if a power that can break through my defense exists somewhere out there in the world. So long as I have no solid information that tells me that there's no such a thing, I'll still keep up with my believe that there's someone out there stronger than me.

With all that said, I'll leave it all to my future self. For now, I should be thinking how to talk to the unconscious girl when she woke up. Since Theresa likely won't be there with me for she has to take care of the mess we've caused in Nagazora, it's all on me. Should I just show her my memories of the event from my viewpoint so that she would understand it better than explaining with words? Yeah, let's go with that.

Did I say something about not using my other abilities? I did? It's just your imagination. 

Don't forget to favorite if you enjoy the read so far!

Check out my patreon for more chapters ahead!(5 Chapters)

https://www.patreon.com/NeetGuy

Thanks for the support, Talon Hollins, Daniel Barbosa, Victor Gonzalez, GodxHandsome!

13