Prologue
222 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  "That's the point, I'm not Yvonne, this isn't a book anymore so if you want someone who'll follow some predestined script of yours then find yourself a contractor and bring me back to my world!"

 

This finally shut the cotton-like creature up. I have been infuriated by it, constantly telling me to act like Yvonne. Yvonne this, Yvonne that, he just wouldn't shut up. It has been exactly 5 months since I woke up in another girl's body. I couldn't even process it and sat on the bed for 3 straight days. I was in my last year in med school preparing for the exams when the college elevator in the chemistry department broke. I was going down from the 14th floor when I heard a creak and felt the elevator halt and shake. After a few moments, I was falling 70 kilometres per hour. What bothered me was why there weren't any installed breaks for certain emergencies like that. The probability of me dying from a falling elevator is one in a million. It's more likely to get killed by a bear than an elevator.

I transmigrated here from some reason and a cotton ball, or a ball of floating wool was hovering over me and started obnoxiously explaining my circumstances. After a month I found out that he was the reason why I died.

"You what?"

"I-I would cease to exist if I didn't make that-"

"So you're telling, that you killed an innocent bystander who worked her *ss to have a better life...JUST TO SAVE YOURS?!" I was eating dinner on my own as usual during that time when it had a slip of tongue and revealed his intentions.

"How the hell did I become your contractor in the first place anyway? You need the other person's approval to form a contract." I grabbed its whole being and squeezed the life out of it.

"Wu wu wu, your blood." That's when I knew that my death was "my approval". It wasn't fair, the ball killed me. It was an upsetting fact, I felt conflicted and angry by this.

I decided to let him suffer for 4 months by not feeding him. He can't touch anything and communicate through anything but me since I was the only hold he has for him to exist. It was so weak that It can't affect anything. He promised that he would take me back once he was strong enough and would give me the luxurious life I was always asking for. It took him 3 tries before I gave in. I started seriously considering it. If I do what he wants in exchange for a lifetime of no financial problems, then it's a win-win situation.

 

Demi Seon (선 데미) who came from a poor family and had to work her *ss up from 4 part-time jobs when she entered high school. She only saw her mother when she was 5 and was living with her grandparents, she doesn't even remember her face anymore. What she remembers is that woman was the cause as to why her grandma and grandpa died. Grandpa worked in the fields while her grandma made candies and sweets from the farm for me to sell at school. She grew up eating strawberries and fruit-flavored candies the most, in fact, she has a sweet-tooth.

It was peaceful until she turned 13. Her grandfather died and after a month or two, her grandma followed. Their farm, without workers, was given to her aunt as well as the custody of taking care of her.

'She was good at the beginning, to gain my trust.' But she slowly turned against me as well as her two daughters. The small bit of money for my college was spent by them. I endured that abuse and waited until I turned 18. I packed all the money I earned and my belongings which all fit in one small bag. I lived at a Manga cafe (Manga Kissa) and lived there for 4 years. After graduating pre-med with BS psychology with the only small amount of money left in my savings. I worked for a year and entered medical school. Even with the money I earned from working in an asylum, I was still short of money. Luckily, I got a sponsorship from a medical practitioner. I spent 5 years studying medicine and was about to graduate when death came knocking through my door.

'I really have bad luck huh?' That was probably the main reason why Demi, unconsciously, became a hoarder and a cheapskate.

"You better keep your word and pay me back for mine and your life." The fluffy ball was gullible and was easy to trick. I never had any leverage to use against him. I decided to go with it, for now, there's nothing that I can do at the moment. The gullible cotton ball then started telling me to act like the original Yvonne Bella, the rich girl that the cotton ball put me in. My patience slowly ran out when he constantly tells me to interact with the main characters. In the end, I get to discover that the small cotton ball created the place I was in, even the people. The cotton ball was the youngest one in their species.

"I'm 9 billion years old and counting." I almost dropped my cup of tea when I heard this. Young? You call that young.

"You're older than Earth?" Tea started coming out of my mouth.

"You humans have a short time-span that it's almost fascinating how one goes while the others are just born." I started wondering what type of being he was, or if it even has a gender.

"No, I'm what you guys call Asexual. I'm not a girl or a boy." That's when we started talking seriously about where he came from. Their species were the oldest in time and space, and he said he was the youngest. When I asked who the oldest was my brain couldn't function half of what he said. He recited a word that I couldn't comprehend. When I asked him to translate it to English, it was like he was reciting pi...in trillionths of digits. I stopped him before he continued and opened up a new topic.

"How come you all know every person of your species?"

"Unlike most of you guys who have 7 billion people existing, there's only 30 of us. That's the thing I like about humans, even though they have short life-spans they have a happy life surrounded by the ones they love." He began explaining in more detail about where he lived and how he lost his spiritual power.

I replaced- no, more like placed in a body. Bella, according to earth, was comparable to cannon fodder. She was only mentioned in the script twice as "rich girl A". First was when she had a crush on the male lead in elementary and second was during middle school. The cotton ball started showing me what the people's destiny are, or what he had written for everyone here. He explained that destiny can always change based on certain factors, one new factor is me.

The body I was in was currently in senior high school together with the female leads and male leads. It was a cliche type of wealthy private schools that the rich control instead of the teachers. I have been roaming around and missed classes just to find good spots to see scenes unfold from the written script (destiny). There was one under the rooftop stairs, on the top of a tree in the school courtyard, and on top of the thick bookshelves that can be accessed by stepping on the unused table on the corner of the library. The library wasn't used at all, no one comes here, the only time it became occupied was when the female lead was brought here by the school female queen bees in the senior year. Dust was actually occupying the unread books which I pitied. There was only a female librarian that comes from time to time and actually became familiar with me as "The only girl that likes reading". It was the end of summer when I came here to this world and it has been five months since then, It was the 7th week of school already. I collected spiritual energies in school, they were only a total of 6.

"You told me that your main female lead's going to enroll today?"

"She isn't a female-lead, she's just a person with high morale." I didn't know when I began calling them as if they're part of some book. The little ball was said that certain "people" stand out, whether in terms of high morality, strength, or wrath. Only a few people "stand out" according to this fluff-ball. Certain celebrities, world leaders, innovators. Only a selected few are considered "leads".

"I'm going to call them leads anyway." The little ball just sighed and gave up.

"What do I call you? It's been more than a month and I still don't know what to call you." The small ball coughed and seems to prepare itself to say something.

 

".̶̡̨̪̰̤̜͈̗͐̍̿́̃̕̕͠.̶̧̞͖̫͖͊̉͛̄̃̚͘͠.̷̧̬͈̳̤͕́̇͒̎͂̓̐͗̋á̶̪̮̇̐̒̋͒̂͊��̨̤͙̪͜ͅs̴̨͎̙̖̞͎̲̏̌ͅb̷̖̪͉̰̏c̷̢͓̹̞͋̿̄i̷̻̼͈͖̮̖̘̎̈́̐͆͋͒l̴̐��͍̘͒̀̔̄́s̵̖͔͔̯̀̀́̆̆͋͝͝ą̴̱̺̤͈̣̈̍̅͛̉u̶̫̩̳͙̤̾͊.̶̧̞͖̫͖͊̉͛̄̃̚͘͠.̷̧̬͈̳̤͕́̇͒̎͂̓̐͗̋" I just stared at him with a dumb face.

 

"You actually expect me to say that." I just rolled my eyes and continued sipping on my strawberry milk.

"Oh...hehe, well it means the innocent one." The ball of cotton started thinking of a name for himself. The girl with black hair and black eyes remained seated staring out the library window as she sipped the last bit of her strawberry milk.

While the little ball was thinking of what language to use, the girl noticed a pair of women walking through the school gates. The girl wearing a uniform had brown-light hair and a petite figure with adorned blue eyes. Next to her was a woman who looked to be in her forties, a tall lady in an office wear with glasses.

As if there was stage light directly shining above the girl, everyone's attention was all on her. She's the type of person that naturally attracts the eyes of the people around her.

"Nova." The little ball suddenly called out.

"Nova...you can call me Nova." I finally understood what he meant.

"Why Nova?" I asked

"Well. In human language, it means *new beginning*. I met you right after I decided to start again." The little ball didn't specify what and how it happened to him, his weakened state.

"I, Nova, pledge to accompany you through thick and thin, to always trust you, and to bring you back your lost life with privileges added." The little ball, with a high pitch voice, talked in front of me genuinely and sincerely. It must've been his gullible personality or cute innocent appearance, whatever it is, I knew in my guts that I can trust this being.

"I, Demi, promise to accompany you through thick and thin, to trust you, and to revive your strongest state of being with all I can." I offered my finger for a hand-shake and pledged sincerely.

Even though he was the cause of Demi's death, he was also the cause for her to escape the boring life she has and introduce her to a new one...a life of fun.

This pledge... made behind the bookshelves of an unused school library, not heard by nor seen by anyone, was the reason for a strong bond of friendship, love, and trust between two beings that came a million of light-years away from each other.

7