Chapter 8 – “It’s long, thick, and hard!”
196 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8 - "It's long, thick, and hard!"

 

"Alastair."

Even after I checked all of the returned books, the name 'Alastair' was still in my mind. I'm sure I've heard it before, but where? I returned to my class and waited for the class to pass by, I was never enthusiastic in school anyway. And 'I've been through this this once, why would I want to go through it twice?'

It was Physical Ed and we had to change into sports wear. 'I don't have energy for this.' I sighed and went to the girl's locker room late, I was napping in class and no one woke me up. I was already 3 minutes late when I woke up. I rushed towards the gym and towards my locker.

 

*CLATTER*

 

"What the-" A pile of empty juice boxes, empty chip bags, and rolled up paper fell. My shirt and pants were wet with water. I picked up a paper roll and opened it. "WHORE". I felt Nova peek out from my hair and gasp loudly. 'That's mean! Who would do that!?' He quickly climbed from my neck to my shoulders and looked at my face.

"*GASP* What happened?" I heard a girl gasp behind me. A petite figure crouched down and picked picked up a rolled up paper just to open it and reveal "B*TCH" was written on it. "Who would do this!?" The brown haired girl snatched the paper from my hands and tore them apart. "What should we do with your clothes?" I stayed quiet and continued staring at her while she worried about what happened to my semi-wet clothes.

"Ah! I have an extra pair in my lockers, you ca-" She tried offering me her clothes but I refused. "Nah, it's okay, I can wear these." I grabbed my semi-wet P.E clothes and shook it. "Thanks for the offer though." Before I could even close the locker door, Natalie grabbed my hand. "M-my name's Natalie!"

"Uhm, nice name." I nodded at her and continued to change. When she still hasn't left her spot, I raised a brow and confronted her "What, are you gonna stay there and stare?" This seem to wake her up, if that even makes sense. She rushed out of the gym and closed the door. 'She's weird.' Nova said while sitting on my head. 'Well, who else made her?' I smiled as I changed into my sports wear. 'Are you saying I'm weird!?' I laughed and looked at the small fluff of fur, Nova paused for a moment. 'has something caught your attention?' I asked.

'Now that I think about it, she feels different?' Nova said as he touched his face with his small fluffy hands.

'Different how?' I asked as I changed into my pants.

'She's different from the original plot that I made.'

'That's because there's a different variable in motion.' I said as I tied my hair and looked in the mirror.

'And I'm supposed to get what your saying?' Nova didn't know what I meant and made a funny expression.

'Different variable, ME. An odd soul inside a different body. Of course something inside the plot will change no matter how good I act as Yvonne.'

'Oh, that's correct. But the change in the plot characters are bigger. It's supposed to be a direct variation. The more YOU deviate from the plot, the more THEY deviate from it as well. But we haven't really done anything other than follow them around.'

'You're getting smarter and smarter by time huh? Is it the soul orbs? By the way, what are soul orbs anyway, I just know that they come from encounters and interactions made by leads that further the plot.' I seriously wondered where they even come from.

'They're a part of me.'

'That's...disturbing.' Is it his flesh? Thinking about getting near a piece of this fluffy balls torn off flesh just doesn't sit right with me.

'EW, No! It's my scattered energy! Remember the sob story I told you of why you're here in the first place?' Oh, that. I remember now. So the thing we've been collecting for almost a year now was his "power" after all. After that discussion, I finally went out to the gym and got there in time before the teacher came. He's luckily the chill type.

And since the Physical Ed is a joint class, I get to be in the same room as Lucas. What a happy day! HAHA- not. He kept staring at me for no reason whatsoever, 'it's making me uncomfortable, please stop'. We were doing lunges and the staring was annoying that I turned around and glared at him. I mouthed "What do you want?" Before I even finished what I mouthed he turned around and ignored me as if he wasn't staring at me from the beginning.

"Need help?" Alastair stood beside me and asked.

"If what you mean by help is buying me free food, then that's a yes." I smiled at him and moved my eyebrows up and down.

"You're such a foodie." He said as he put his foggy glasses out of the way to wipe his face. 'Damn, he looks good.' Nova was sitting on my shoulder and stared with me.

"You became thinner." I never noticed that he had a mole on his nose before, I guess it was always blocked by his thick glasses.

"Yes, I've increased my workout hours." He nodded and told me.

"That's not good." I said as I looked sad.

"Well, why is that?" He look confused as to why it wasn't good to exercise.

"You're working too much, besides, who will I eat with? A thin stick who barely eats anymore?" From 80 kg to 72, it was scary how fast he lost weight in just a month and a half. He doesn't eat with me anymore as well, he just sits there and tells me stuff about the books he read, or the new game he bought. Alastair just stared at me, it felt awkward because we were stuck staring at each other for what felt like minutes.

"Let's eat then, lunch is on me. And don't worry, I'll try to minimize my workout as per your request." He broke the silence and finally said something while smiling. 'That's more like it, now I get to have free lunches again!' After Physical Ed classes ended we went to change and straight to the cafeteria. I get to have free stuff once again. '*Sigh* I feel like your only close to him because of free food, you can buy them yourself!' Nova looked at me and rolled his eyes.

'This is a mutual relationship okay? I give him advice, he pays with food!' It was true though, I gave him advice on stuff he had problems with, whether it was time management, how to handle his finances in an early age. Though it seems that I'm leeching off of him, I was enjoying our conversations. He was the by far, the most reasonable person to exist in this book, and I salute to him for surviving this far surrounded by morons who think that the world is revolving around them and uses their "daddy's money". I didn't have any prejudice against rich people since I've met a lot of them in my life, but this d*mned reality! I'm slowly starting to believe that every rich people in this reality are rude asf. But My boy Al proves me wrong!

"Al, you really are a good person." I said as I chowed down the sweet fried chicken.

"Hah, you should stop that noona. Not all people who treat you food are "good" people." He said as he ate his own food.

"I'm not saying it because you always treat me, what am I, a dog?" I wiped off the sauce off my lips and continued talking.

"You're the only in this school who actually uses their brain." I said as a matter of fact. The school's setting was very unrealistic, the prices on food are too much and the students here always act like children! Just proves that Nova ain't a good author. 'Hey!' >.<

"There isn't only one." Oh, there's another sensible person here?

"As far as I know, you've taught me a lot of skills that I thought were useless, but it helped me. That makes us two people who actually use our brain."

"I didn't really think that dipping tempura in soy sauce, vinegar, and sweet and sour sauce at the same time was a helpful advice." He continued and drank water right after.

"This kid, at least admit that you like it." He really did like the taste, who knew we would have the same weird tastes in food? After he told me that he liked it, I started telling him other food tips for him to try. That conversation about tempura was two months ago when he ate more than me, but he eats like a child now that it worries me so I forced him to eat more.

"The more energy you spend, the more you should eat, sleep, and rest. Where do you think energy comes from? out of thin air?" I hope he gets convinced, it was a fact though. The more energy you use the more carbs you should take in to replenish yourself.

I enjoyed the lunch and kept thinking of the next encounter we're about to watch. And as time passed by slowly, I dragged my *ss along the school hallways one class at a time and it was finally over!

I opened my bag and whispered. "It's time." Nova has been sleeping all day. I didn't know why but he has been sleeping a lot recently these days, I always have to wake him up. He opened his eyes like a recharged battery and flew out of my bag. When we were on our way to the school gates, Alastair saw me and tagged along.

"You're not going home yet?" Asked Demi. She saw Alastair by the lockers, it seemed that he was about to go but Alastair saw her.

"We were supposed to have a club meetup but there wasn't anyone inside the club room." Turns out, Alastair was a part of the art and literature club, they were assigned to make event banners that would be distributed outside. 

"I'm quite hungry, would you like to eat with me? I heard that there's a new cafe down the road." Demi smiled at the prospect of food and turned towards Alastair with a mischevious face.

"Your treat?" Alastair paused for a moment but soon found his words.

"I wouldn't have invited you if it wasn't my treat." This made Demi happy, she didn't have to spend money on that expensive cafe. She wanted to try eating their desserts since it opened near the school, but the prices were too much. 'The money I have is Yvonne's, I feel guilty spending it.' Is what she always thought.

When the both of them reached the school gates, there was already a group of female students whispering to one another and looking at a luxurious car parked in front. 'Seems like I was late'. Natalie and Mr. Englishman were already talking to one another. "We can't get through." Alastair looked at the jam packed school gate.

"They're blocking the gates." Alastair sighed and tried to look for a way out, meanwhile, Demi was absorbed in finding a way to get nearer to the two. 'Is this near enough?' Demi asked Nova. 'Go nearer, I can't reach it.' Demi was slowly getting far away from Alastair and was blended in to the crowd, they have to get the energy orbs no matter what.

'This is weird, I can't feel the orbs?' Nova opened Demi's bag and climbed onto her shoulder.

'What do you mean you can't feel it? Try again.' Nova tried to concentrate but there was nothing there. 'That's odd, he's a lead but why can't I feel the spark?' Nova was frustrated that he couldn't sense anything.

'Maybe your senses aren't in a good shape? Like a runny nose or something?'  Demi stated as she got nearer and nearer. Demi finally made it through the gates, she can see the red car a few meters away from them and behind it, Natalie and Mr. Englishman were talking.

'Should we just abort mission?' Demi looked at her shoulder where Nova was hanging on.

'Yeah, I think that's a better choice. I need to know why I can't sense anything.' Nova was still in deep thoughts. Demi sighed and looked down, she was sad not for the fact that she wasted time, but for the fact that they wouldn't be able to get the energy orbs and "upgrade" Nova. She hoped that Nova would be like a dog or a fluffy cute panda when he absorbed more of the spiritual orbs.

'Where does energy orbs come from anyway?' She asked herself, maybe she'll just find a new way rather than following people around like a stalker. She leaned on the tree beside her and sighed.

"What are you doing here?" Demi and Nova were in deep thoughts that they didn't notice the people parting and going to the sides, turns out that the "prince" was there.

"G*ddamit." Demi flinched at the sudden deep voice, she was startled and felt as if she was caught doing a crime. 'He thinks that I'm a stalker now doesn't he?' 'I f*cked up, I should've just left already and stopped staring at them.'

'He must think that I'm some perverted lesbian that always follows Natalie around.'

"A-admiring this-this tree!" Demi stuttered and grabbed the trunk of the tree she was leaning on. Lucas raised a brow and looked at her weirdly. 'What the hell did I just say?' Demi was in panic mode after getting caught staring so she blurted out anything that came up in her head. Lucas followed where Demi was originally looking at. His mood soured as he glared at the figure of a man talking to a woman casually, 'it's him again?' Instead of his mood getting worse, his attention was back at Demi once again. Before he could even talk, Demi said in a panicked tone...

"Y-you see, It's long, thick, and hard!"

 

*SILENCE*

 

 

{Author: Oooh, long , thick, and hard. ¬‿¬}

8