Chapter 13 – Does your sister know first aid?
174 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 13 - Does your sister know first aid?

 

Demi saw that the big school gates were still open, she had hope! Demi has always tried to get her attendance record perfect even way back in as Seon Demi, she can't fathom the idea of being late as she had the habit of waking up early to prepare not only her food but her aunt and cousin's food as well.

She was used to waking up early when she was still in the streets with her mother, because if she didn't she would be left under the bridge they lived in without any food. Demi had to grind at at such a young age to get food scraps. When she was finally in custody of her grandparents, things just got a little easier for her, and she could not thank her grandparents enough for all the things they taught her, the values, and set of skills that she is still using until now.

 

'Hopefully nothing happens so I can reach the school in time.' She thought to herself, Demi wouldn't want to get locked out of the school. Although Wertheimer university is filled with narcissistic and self-entitled teenagers, she got to to at least praise their punctuality. And as if the universe has heard her thoughts, they decided f*ck her over.

 

A speeding car that was coming from Wertheimer College building almost collided with Demi's bicycle that was slowing down. It swiveled rapidly that the driver and the passenger inside didn't even see that a second car was turning.

 

 

*CRASH*

 

 

The two cars almost crashed together when the driver of the second car turned rapidly. The second car hit the lamp post, flew right out of the window and rolled down onto the ground.

 

"Oh sh*t!" All of this happened so fast that Demi's instincts rushed in quickly. She left her bicycle and rushed towards the man to see his condition.

.

.

.

 

 

The car screeched as it tried to avoid crashing to the upcoming car. Just moments earlier, a girl in a bicycle was turning from the right corner. Sir Jeff, the driver didn't see the student and his instincts were to turn to the left. Who would've thought that there would be a car approaching from the left that was also turning the corner. The driver from the second car turned left and crashed to the lamp post.

 

*CRASH*

 

His body flung out of the broken windows and rolled unto the floor. Before I could even go down my car door, the student from earlier rushed towards the guy. She turned his body around and tried to wake him up and after that she leaned in closer and put her ear above the man's face.

 

"How does she-" a few seconds after, she started performing CPR. From the looks of her uniform, she was a senior student at Wertheimer university.

 

"Those brats study first aid now?" I was honestly surprised. Wertheimer private university, although known to be the top university in the country, it is known for it's self-centered high school students. A lot of rich families enroll their children in Wertheimer private university thinking that they'll learn proper morals and virtues.

 

'After holding a 2 hour long conference, this happens.' I thought to myself. I was already tired enough but the duties of a doctor is something I must not forget. I climbed out of my car and rushed towards xcene. I plan on taking care of it and telling her to call an ambulance but that wasn't what happened.

 

"Call an ambulance, hurry." Now that I look closely at it, I can see that she's well trained. I have taught a lot of students both with experience and non, how to perform CPR. You can easily identify who performed CPR for the first time to someone who did it a thousand times already. It was the type of precision and perfect timing that a veteran doctor has.

 

I pulled my phone out and called the ambulance. "Street XX near Wertheimer University." After telling them the exact coordinates of the accident, I decided to just observe the black-haired girl. She performed CPR the same exact way in the same exact time that I couldn't believe my own eyes.

 

'Who did she learn from?' The child must have taken lessons in first aid, or forced to take first aid lessons. But learning first -aid doesn't amount to a doctor, because professionals learn and train for an average of ten years to master the subject and increase someone's rate of survival.

 

A stereotypical Wertheimer student is someone of high class, they personally have doctors and doesn't do dirty work. Wertheimer itself is focused on business and entrepreneurship, a lot of internationally famous innovators come from Wertheimer.

 

'It's most likely that she was forced to learn these.' I thought to myself. I was observing her carefully and she was successful in performing CPR. It only took a few minutes before the man was able to breathe again, he was semi-unconscious. She soon checked his body for other injuries and found a large gash on his right shoulder, a bleeding head, and a glass stabbing his chest. That was when I stepped in with a cloth and crouched down to help.

 

"Don't pull the glass." She said as she grabbed her handkerchief from her pouch and immediately put pressure on the man's bleeding head. I was putting a lot more pressure on his arm as the man was losing more blood. I looked into his condition and checked his vitals, it seems that his heart beat is normal. After checking the man I looked at the student on my right.

 

'Yvonne?' I became even more confused than before. My face showed a bewildered face for a moment.

 

'How did this kid-' My mind was plagued with questions after questions.

 

'Victor must have taught her...that's bulsh*t, what am I even thinking.' Victor, teaching her? He couldn't even look into her eyes without frowning, that stone man doesn't even talk to her sister, let alone teach her!

 

'Mr Reeves must've forced her to take lessons.' Wait, but what for? She couldn't even maintain a good grade in her classes, why would Mr. Reeves pay for lessons?

 

'Unless there was a first aid program in the senior high department?' I thought again. Even if there was, how could she learn these and perform first aid like a veteran doctor who studied for years? My head was coming up with more questions faster than I can answer and reason with them. The Yvonne in front of me is different, very different.

 

Just a month ago Victor and I came from France, we were going around the world holding speeches and conferences. That man, although emotionless, was a genius. He has contributed a lot of new discoveries in the field of plastic surgery in just the span of his 6-year-career.

 

We were both enrolled at H*rvard and were in the same program that H*rvard offers. The program shortens medical school into 2 years. The scores that a student in the program needs to meet is tripled compared to normal medical school averages.

 

'But that guy is a beast.' Victor who was younger than me, finished college at 15 and finished medicine at 17. I was 22 and he was 17 when we finished med school. I thought that I was the best during my college years, but when I entered med school Victor became the best. I had an inferiority complex during that time.

 

 

*SIREN*

 

 

"Be sure to elevate the arm above his chest, sir." Yvonne snapped me out of my train of thoughts. She has given her handkerchief tightly and put my hand on the man's bleeding arm. The man who was semi-unconscious earlier has passed out again. The siren of the ambulance was getting louder.

 

"Tell them you were the only one here." Yvonne stood up and left, she just left me here.

 

"Wai-" Before I could even stop Yvonne from completely walking away, I thought back to the unconscious man again.'I need to focus on he man right now.' Someone was dying in front of me, of course this is a more important matter than that kid.

 

I was focused on the man's bleeding arm as the ambulance was nearing.

 

"Doc. Leon!" I looked up and it was Katie. She used to study under me during her residency years and now she has officially become a doctor.

 

"Doctor Kosh is here!"

 

"H i sir. Leon!"

 

The ambulance recognized me as I helped them carry the bleeding man on the Spinal board.

 

"We'll take care of things here sir Kosh." Katie, who was now checking my driver Jeff told me. Mr. Jeff's condition, other than his sudden rise in blood pressure, was alright. Jeff was advised to go with them to the hospital as the color in his face was gone.

 

"I can drive from here Jeff, you should go get checked up." I said. The car wasn't damaged unlike the car of the injured man. I didn't want Jeff fainting on me, we might get in another accident if he does so I told him to go.

 

"Enjoy your leave sir." They have attached the ventilators and just like that, they were gone as fast as they responded to the call.

 

I was decided to leave and drive on my own when I noticed something on the ground. It was a black cloth with strawberry prints. I walked towards it and picked it up, it was soaked in blood.

 

'This is Yvonne's.' I remembered her handkerchief from earlier, she used it on the man's arm. It fell from the man's arm and onto the ground.

 

I turned around and was about to throw it in the trash bin near my car when I stopped.

 

'I should wash it.' I covered the cloth with tissues and put it inside my car. I buckled my seat belt and turned on my car when I pause.

 

'That reminds me.' I haven't seen Victor for more than a month already since that dinner we had in their manor. I pulled my phone out, decided to call him, and dialed his number.

 

 

 

"Hey." I said once I heard the call being picked up.

 

 

[Do you need something?] I heard Victor from the other line.

 

 

"Does your sister know first aid?"

.

.

.

 

 

"What's with you?" I heard Alastair's voice and looked up. I was resting my head on the class desk and took a nap. I didn't even notice that it was already break time when he came and called me.

 

"I almost died from a car accident earlier."

 

"Wait, what!? Shouldn't you be in the hospital? Are you okay? Let's go to the clinic." I heard Alastair's panicked voice and laughed.

 

"HAHAHA Ah~ you're so gullible. I said *almost*." I sat up straight after laughing. I over exaggerated on purpose.

 

"Even if it's *almost*, you should still go for a checkup." His brows were furrowed. 'This guy's serious.' I didn't know he would take it seriously.

 

"There's only one thing that can treat me." I thought of something funny to do and acted as if I was about to faint. Alastair reached his arm towards me and I held onto his arm, I looked up with a pained face.

 

"W-what is it?" With his head looking down, his eyes were worried but panicky at the same time. He was so serious that I had a hard time stopping myself from laughing.

 

"Food." I smiled mischievously and laughed right after.

 

"To the canteen!" I shouted in a moderate tone and hooked my arm over his shoulders. I dragged him with me and walked towards the door.

 

"Ugh, seriously." As if he has given up, Alastair just walked with me without any arguments.

 

When we reached the cafeteria, we fell in line and waited for our turn. That was when I realized that this kid was growing taller.

 

"Did you grow taller again?" I measured the distance between my head and his, he did grow taller! I looked at him up and down and he just stared at me with a poker face. He had a chubby figure with some baby fat still in his cheeks, I honestly got used to his chubby figure more and felt sad that I couldn't mess his hair like I used to, I need to reach up and lean now.

 

"What the heck are you even eating?" I couldn't believe that he was already taller than me by a few inches. It was only weeks ago that he was the same height as me.

 

'Kids these days.' I sighed to myself, they do grow fast don't they?

 

After joking around we finally got our food and walked towards the school garden. As we were walking through the hallway, someone walked in front of us and talked.

 

"Hi!" It was none other than Natalie.

 

"Hey there." I smiled, those black doe eyes really gets to me, in a nice way.

 

"Can I eat with you?" She asked and shyly smiled.

 

'Where did Helen go?' I thought to myself. They were supposed to stick together like glue. It's not like I want to push Natalie away, but Natalie never approached Yvonne in the novel, ever. It was always Yvonne who looked for her just to cause trouble.

 

"Uhh...sure? If that's okay with you?" I turned my head towards Alastair who had no expression in his face. He replied with "You decide." and continued walking towards the garden.

 

"You can eat with us." I said and soon followed Alastair to the garden.

 

'This is awkward.' I looked at Alastair and he looked back with a face that read 'You did it.' We continued eating and the silence was slowly getting to me so I started a conversation.

 

"So, uh... the weather's good."

 

'What the hell is "the weather's good", nice conversation starter Demi! Genius!' I can't believe that I couldn't come up with something better than "the weather's good", I continued to be eaten by my stupidity and just went with it.

 

"Look, I'm sorry for causing this awkward atmosphere, I'm just here because I wanted to make friends with you." She said and smiled shyly.

 

'Well, that was...sudden.' I thought to myself, how am I supposed to reply to her? I can't just be friends with her now that Lucas has his eyes on me, and not in a good way. On the other hand, it might be a good idea. I can stick to them without being called a weirdo or stalker.

 

'Ok, I just have to prove to Lucas that I'm no lesbian pervert and I'm genuinely friends with Natalie.'

 

"Sure, why not." I said and smile at her. I looked at the bright side. I might as well be friends with her and stick to her rather than being blacklisted and called a stalker.

 

"Thank you!" Her face suddenly brightens after what I said. The atmosphere wasn't awkward anymore as she smiled and thanked me.

 

"I'll leave you alone now, sorry for making it awkward again." Before I could even say anything back, she just rushed inside the school and disappeared like that.

 

"I guess that's that." I said and resumed eating my meal.

 

"W have a new friend." I said to Alastair.

 

"She's *your* friend, not mine."

 

"No wonder you're a loner, you're really stingy." I said and rolled my eyes.

 

"I have friends." He said

 

"Yeah sure~" I said sarcastically.

 

"Who do you talk to other than me, Yourself?" I asked sarcastically. Alastair didn't reply anymore after that. We continued to eat peacefully and spent the time walking around until the bell rang, and it was time for our next class.

 

 

"Please take your papers out and pass your research by the end of the class." The professor said as we all entered the class. She came in early so we quickly sat down. I opened my bag to grab my paper out just to see it soaking wet. I stood still as I took my wet textbooks out. I stood straight and eyed the whole class.

 

My papers were far gone and it wasn't legible at all. The water was everywhere, my notes, textbooks, and even my sandwich were soaking wet. Papers with profanities written such as b*tch, wh*re, Attention-seeker, and many more were put in my bag as well.

 

'What is this bullsh*t now?'

 

{OmO}

5