Chapter 3_The Banquet (1)
1.7k 30 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Scary Scary Scary’ I walk as fast as possible from that madman. I don't know where I’m going, but fuck it, my life comes first. 

 

I walked down the corridor as long as I can until I feel a tight sensation in my chest.

 

“Haaahh Haaah” My breathing becomes quicker, a sign of my body getting exhausted. I stopped and leaned against the wall while trying to get as many oxygens as I can.

 

This Prince is so weak, I just barely walking for around 100 meters and I already exhausted? what the fuck! I can even finish a 40 KM marathon back in the earth. 

 

“Haaaaaah” I heaved a long sigh. I’m screwed, there’s no way I can live like this. 

 

When I opened up my eye, I saw a beautiful scenery, It’s the Palace Garden. I’ve seen it many times as a background in the game, but seeing with my own eyes feels different.

 

Green grasses stretch across my entire field of view in the most spectacular fashion. A massive white marble fountain is standing in the center of the garden, with white benches circling it. A bunch of colourful flowers grow and encircled the garden with well-made grass paths as its road. 

 

Strange

 

I feel connected to this place.

 

“Calming” I muttered.

 

How strange. . .

 

“Your Highness, please wait!” 

 

Sound of footsteps come from behind me and it’s my new Personal Guards.

 

“Your Highness, you’re in the wrong direction. The palace located on the right side of the dorm.” Ralph bend down to his knee and panted.


“Hmm? Y-yeah I know about that. I’m just trying to get fresh air here.” I lied.

 

Engineer taught to tell the truth because the lives of many people depend on them. But this time I’d rather not. I don't want to get another person suspicious.

 

“Ah yes. The Silverwood Garden is a famous place in the kingdom. Every plant that planted here said to have a magical effect” Ralph nodded.

 

“Magical Effect? if that so, why I don’t see any herbs plant here?” I tilted my head.

 

“Err, I don’t know if this inappropriate Your Highness, It’s just some gossip around the peasant and Your Highness should already know the story” Ralph appears anxious.

 

What story? I don't even know what I usually behave or even my full name and you expect me to know some story?.

 

Why can’t I be given some benefit here? At least in the novel I read, people that reincarnated into another world given some OP cheat or something, but why I’M NOT!. At least give me the memories of this Prince goddammit. 

 

“O-Of course I know, I just want to hear what rumour spread up around the city” I tried to speak as calmly as possible.

 

“Uuh? Okay. So back in the city there’s a rumour about the Silverwood Garden becomes a magical place after the late Queen passed away.”

 

“Late Queen? ” I tilted my head.

 

“Yes, Your Mother, Your Highness”

 

“RALPH! Mind Your Words! How many times have you already offended The Royal Family” Leo snapped at him.

 

“Ah-ah, F-forgive me Y-your Highness, I mean The Former Queen, Her Majesty Irene”

 

“No-no-no, please tell me more” I urged him.

 

I don't care about etiquette right now as I really need as much information as I can. I don’t even know who Irene is, so why I should be offended. 

 

“ Ermm, s-so- T-they s-said-” He stuttered.

 

Sigh, again?

 

“Let me be the one to explain it to you, Your Highness” Leo interrupted him.

 

“Hmm?” I turned my head to Leo “Alright that works too” I said.

 

Ralph looked at his friends and give a thankful look. How nice, you have a good friend huh.

 

“Yes, Your Highness. It’s said that the Silverwood garden received a magical effect which every plant that grows here has a rejuvenating effect that heals body and souls. Some said it’s how the Garden repay the deceased Queen's kindness”.

 

“Then why there're only flowers and few berry bushes here? Why there are no herbs plants?” I asked.

 

“Uhhh, about that, It’s His Majesty order, Your Highness” He looks unsure.

 

“I see”

 

So it’s just a fairy tail huh, nothing important can be gained from it. The king maybe just want to remember his deceased wife or this Prince William’s Mother like some classics stories on Earth.

  

“But it really feels strange” He mumbled.

 

“How so?” I tilted my head.

 

“Uh, It’s just the aura of this place almost feels like what I felt from the World Tree.” He scratched his head.

 

“World Tree?”

 

Like in Avatar Film? A giant big tree?.

 

“Yes Your Highness, any elves between seven and ten years old must be brought to the world tree to receive blessing so they can use elemental power.”

 

Ah so it's kind like a ritual or a tradition.

 

“So this world tree? how many are them in this world?” 

 

“Ah about that, Forgive me, Your Highness, I don’t know the exact number as every tribe has their own Tree. And because the elves tribe are scattered around the continent, the numbers can go up until dozens. Maybe the most famous one is the one on Nightfall forest where the Nightfallen tribe live. The other one is in the Windhaven Kingdom.”

 

Oh. . . So based on what he said, the Elven are scattered around the continent. Some of them band down and formed a kingdom. But I still don’t know what’s their position in this world. Elf usually treated as a slave in many literature I read. So, maybe this world is like that? or maybe not?.

 

“And then about the Garden?” I asked.

 

“The garden has the world tree aura, this means that this garden contains a World Tree parts either the leaves, branch or even its root. The other reason is that somewhere in this garden, an artifact that contained life affinity elemental buried.” He looks unsure, but I’ll believe it for now. 

 

“I see” I nodded. “So what are the differences between elemental and magic?”

 

I knew magic existed in the game, in fact, the whole point of the game is because the protagonist has an ancient magic that can save the whole kingdom, a Light Magic.

 

“I don’t really sure, Your Highness. I don’t dabble too much in the magic. In the academy, we only learn the basic. But, from what I heard and knew, In simpler terms, Magic can be said as directing the power of the nature while elemental is borrowing the power of the nature by the contracted spirit”

 

“Wait, so you have a spirit within you? can I see it?” This piqued my interest. Spirits always painted as a cute creature in many literatures that's why I wanted to see it

 

 But,

 

His face turned angst but quickly change to the normal. It’s only for a second but I saw it.

 

“I’m sorry, but I don’t have it Your Highness” he smiled wryly.

 

“Why?”

 

His hand trembled and his face shows pain. The situation becomes gloomy and deep killing intent comes from him.

 

He silenced for a few seconds before gradually opened up his mouth

 

“Because I don’t have time to get it You Highness” he forced a smile “ A mysterious organization attacked my tribe. My people are killed and they destroy our World Tree. Only a handful of us survived. I’m still in the academy capital at that time.” He grieved. 

 

Ah, it seems I asked a forbidden question. Alright, I think that was enough information. 

 

“That’s okay. I’ll help you get your own spirit.” I assured him.

 

“B-but Your Highness! getting a spirit from the other tribe would cost a lot of money and I-”

 

“No It’s okay” I cut him off “ Do you have another family member? You can bring her here”

 

“I-I-I, You don’t have to go that far Your Highness” his calm look is gone now replaced by a mix of anxious and shyness.

 

“Do you have another family member?” I repeated my question to him.

 

I’m not that dense to not realizing an Elf in this town is a rare occasion. On my way here I already passed a few serfs in the corridor and none of them is an elf. And based on the fact his home is destroyed but he’s still studied in the academy, it’s likely one or two of his family members is survived.

 

“Yes, I have a little sister Your Highness” a smile formed up into his face. The grief and anxious expressions that he displayed before are gone.

 

“Ah, so then you can bring her here to work. Did she have any speciality?”

 

He pondered a moment before opened up his mouth 

 

“She’s a bit clumsy, but she has experience taking after the world tree in our tribe Your Highness. Moreover, she has a plant affinity spirit” he looked so proud when talking about his sister.

 

“Hmm is that so? can she can work as a gardener?”

 

Gardener just comes up to my head randomly. I mean when you have an affinity with plant then gardener is a perfect job for you didn't it? (I’m sorry gardener in real world)

 

“I’m not sure, but I’ll ask her later Your Highness” he looks unsure but there’s a smile hanging out into his face.

 

“And you Ralph? did you have any family member?” I looked at Ralph that standing in the back.

 

“Me?, no need to worry Your Highness," He shook his head and put his hand on his hips "I’m the only son of my family, I just need to train and become stronger hahaha” He laughed brightly.

 

Ah, you do resemble construction worker so much Ralph, what an easy-going person.

 

Well, this means all of my first subordinate problem solved. If there’s one thing I learned from my job on earth that’s to treat your subordinate and comrade courteously. In that way, their work efficiency would soar up and their work becomes faster.

 

“If that so, It’s time to go to the Festival, isn’t it?” I asked

 

“Ah no need to worry Your Highness, You just need to attend the banquet. No need to go to the Festival” 

 

“But my brother says the otherwise” I remembered Michael said that I should attend the king’s speech this morning.

 

“Err, maybe Prince Michael is too excited that he forgot that His Majesty forbids you to attend any outside activity” Leo scratched his face.

 

What do you mean!, at most I would only stand there and waving to the crowd like what the earth's Royal Family do. It’s not like I complain not attending it since it would mean less problem for me. But he said the Banquet? Does this means influential people from around the kingdom would come?. Ah, how should I behave? It’s not like I never attend any banquet on earth, but maybe this one is different.

 

I started to get anxious. What if they realized something like that Mad butler?. Arrgghh, whatever I’ll worry about that later. It feels so hard parting with the Garden as I feel some sort of connection to it but I still have something to attend. But I'll investigate it later.

 

“Alright let’s go” I walked off from the garden followed by my Guards.

 

But not even ten steps ahead I heard a rumbling.

 

“I’m sorry my Lady, But it seems we get Lost”

 

“It’s okay Cerian, we’ll just have to ask the Palace’s servant around”

 

Two female voice can be heard from the right side of the Garden. When I look at the source of the sound I see two females. One is wearing a maid outfit while the other wears a dress, they’re likely a noble and her servant that got lost. I approached them thinking so I can help her because I’m a good prince (self-proclaimed), but when I see the noblewoman’s face, I really felt an urge to run away.

 

Fuck! Why she’s here. Why! why I met all of these psychotic characters today.

 

Her pink hair stretched all the way into her waist that looks like beautiful sakura flower. She has white skin and a blue eye with a dependable aura. Her skin is smooth that makes me doubt these self-proclaimed Jade Beauty of the Chinese world. If this is earth, her look would be par with the top beauty of the entertainment industry. 

 

But for me, she’s a nightmare, I think everyone who played the game wants to kill her. If Wade only affected some people since he is just present in some routes, then this mad girl is present in every fucking route. She’s a literal pain in the ass.

 

I tried to avert my eyes but then our eyes met. She looks at me for a few seconds before a smile formed into her face.The urge to run away is so strong as she approached me gracefully but alas, like a predator hunting it's prey, I already marked. If she was a normal girl I would gladly welcome her with open arms but this time,

 

“Fuck me, what sin have I committed to met her” I just wanted to die. 

Yes, I'm not dead yet. It's been a busy week for me and for that I beg forgiveness by releasing a chapter that's longer than the usual. But don't worry I'll at least release 1 chapter/week but the normal release is still 2 Chapter/day. And there we go boys, the first heroine, she should appeared at later chapter but I modified the pace a little bit since it's too slow in my opinion.

If you like the chapter please considering giving favorites and adding it to your Reading list. Thank You :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

64