Chapter 4_The Banquet (2)
1.4k 7 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Announcement
I'm too lazy to edit these two chapters alright! please spare me. So breach your eyes for the impact! You have been warned

 


She approached me gracefully while a smile still painted on her face. Any man’s heart would be fluttered when they see her, it’s like there’s a shine or gloss every time she moves.

 

What a Beauty

 

Unbeknown to me, she was already in front of me, only around 4 steps. I can smell a fragrant perfume from her, a smell of sakura flowers like my trip to Japan. 

 

“I would’ve never thought to see you here, Prince William” she stared and smiled brightly.

 

I still marvelled at her beauty as I found myself drowned in her charm. Wouldn’t she be a great housewife?.

 

It would be great, isn’t it? Just a small house with two kids and-

 

NO NO NO, fuck what am I thinking. 

 

I bit my lips to shake my thought from it. What am I thinking, she is the worst candidate for a housewife. 

 

Slowly, all the memories about her come back to me and washed all the beauty within her. And when I saw her face again, I can feel expulsion in my stomach and wanted to vomit. It’s just like when you served something that looks yummy outside, but to find out the taste is horrible.

 

Why the fuck these guys draw gore scene so realistically, which mad lad draw a bloodied CG in an Otome game for girls

 

“William?” Maybe because I have said nothing and just staring at her, she shows a concerned look.

 

Calm down me, calm down. 

 

I breathe in and trying to relax my face’s muscle to calm myself down.

 

She’s the worst thing that can stumble upon you, I should try to not attract her attention. I can felt sweat dripping on my back.

 

Wait. . . I’m not one of the capture targets aren’t I? T-that’s great! Fucking great!. I just need to stay low from her. 

 

I found myself calmed down by that thought. Now, I just need to act normally, what a Prince usually do in a novel? Smiling! 

 

“Ah, I also never expected to see you here, Catherine” I give a slight charming smile like a prince in any novel and game do.

 

Oh man, I’m a genius. Maybe I can win an Oscar if I still on earth.

“Are you also on your way to the Banquet?”

 

“Hmm? not really, I just take a little fresh air here”

 

“Oh, really? I’m sorry, did I disturbed your free time?” 

 

“No, no, I just want to make my way there when I hear your voice” I smiled subtly. What free time, I just came here to escape from that mad butler.

 

“Ah, is that so? Then would you mind showing the way to the palace from here, William?”

 

“Hmm? but I don’t know the way to the palace” 

 

“Ufufufu, ” she covered her mouth and laughed  “That’s a funny joke William. How could you not know it when you’ve been here for so long”.

 

No, I’m serious! I just arrived here this morning. I wish I could say that to her. 

 

Whatever, It’s true that it would only make more suspicious for someone who was born and lived in the palace for all his life not knowing the path to the palace. 

 

Well, luckily I got my brand new personal guards.

 

“Yes, it’s only a joke, Hahaha” I faked my laugh and scratched my head “You can just follow me, I’ll escort you there”

 

“Ah, thank you very much and sorry for being a nuisance,” she blushed and bowed.

 

“It’s okay” I smiled then turned my head into my Leo and Ralph “Can you guys lead the way?”.

 

““Yes, Your Highness”” both of them answered in unison and led the way.

 

"Shall we?" 

 

"We're in your care"

 

And then we followed them with me and Catherine in the centre and her Maid, Cerian in the back. 

 

On the way, I’d find myself averting my eyes to her. I can’t help it, you know, if there's beauty beside you, you would do the same.

 

“What a beauty” I mumbled weakly.


“Yes?” she looked at me and tilted her head. 

 

“Nothing” I smiled.

 

“Okay?. . .” she looked confused and brushed it off.

 

Sigh, what a pity If only she’s not a psycho

 

After that, there are no more conversations happening between us and I don’t really want to have it with her either. I don’t want to have her interested in me, that’s why I just keep these silence and awkward atmosphere between us. If I really get her interest, that’s already a bad ending for me.

 

༺═───────₪───────═༻

 

After a few minutes of walking within the massive corridor, I found myself in a huge door with people bustling in front of its door. The architecture really looks like in medieval times but with more artistic feature and some decorations in it. It seems this is the place the Banquet take place, right?

 

“We already arrived, Your Highness,” Leo turned back and stopped.

 

“Thank You, William” Catherine faced me and bowed.

 

“It’s nothing,” I brushed my hands. “I also wanted to go here, it’s just a coincidence or fate that made us meet there,” I smiled.

 

“Fate, huh” he looked at me strangely.

 

“Yes?” I tilted my head. What’s wrong with fate? Is it a curse word here?

 

“Mhmm,” she shakes her head “Nothing”.

 

“Well then, I’ll head in first, William. I’ll pay this favour in the future, you can come into our residence in the future. My mother also starts to miss you,” She starts walking into the door.

 

Wait! Wait! What do you mean by Your mother misses me! Why do you make it sound like I’ve been into your home a few times!

 

But then I realized the way she talked to me is so casual, she didn't even use the honorific Prince or Your Highness. A spark of thought comes into me

 

No way right? Did she and 'I' are a close friend?

 

I brushed that thought. Isn’t she only after an influential and capable target that is available? What can she see in a limp and sickly prince like me? And I’m not even one of the capture targets. I found myself becoming calm after that thought, I'm in a safe spot.

 

Cerian followed her behind 

“Ahh” she fell down to her knee and reflexively as a man myself, I also get on to my knee and offered my hand to help her, but then her hand gripped my shirt and moved her face close to mine 

 

“Please don’t stare at my Lady with your perverted eyes or I’ll kill you” she whispered in my ears in a threatening tone. She grabbed my hand and used it to stand up.

 

“Ah, I’m sorry, Your Highness, I’m such a clutch. Thank you for helping me” She smiled brightly then bowed. She followed Catherine into the door, leaving me behind with a shock.

 

What just happened? Is this what they called ‘Like Master like Servant?’

 

I shake my head and try to see if anybody saw that, but everyone seems busy talking with other people. The amount of shock that I received today is already too much, even a talking elephant won’t even faze me now.

If you like the chapter please considering giving favourites and adding it to your reading list. Thank You :).

And yes I rarely replied to your comments at the time you're commenting at most I'll see it when I publish the next chapter.
I think I have notificationsphobia (self-proclaimed) so if you want to reach me you can contact me through the discord server: https://discord.gg/m8ZeUVtHXG

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

56