So You Have Chosen…Death
667 7 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author: Likei said, chapters will be shorter but updates will increase. Not every one will be quite this short tho, I'm thinking maybe 1k average?

*********

The Lin family was facing an unprecedented disaster. 

“Sir, they’ve breached the inner wall!” 

Their long-time enemies, the Yang family, had launched an all-out assault on their compound. 

“Secure Fei’er.” Commanded Lin Zhao, current patriarch of X city’s Lin family. The current situation stemmed from an incident between his granddaughter, Lin Feifei, and the Yang family’s Yang Kai.

 But they all knew this was merely used as an excuse. The relationship between the two families were always a powder keg waiting to blow. This was merely the spark that lit the fuse.

They knew this was a long time coming, however, and prepared. Unfortunately, the Yangs prepared better.And the Lins didn’t realize this until far too late. Now they were surrounded, both outmanned and outgunned, the assault coming as swift as a loose arrow.

But he’d be damned if he let Fei’er be caught in the crossfire. He knew well what fate would await her if she was captured. The whole situation was a mess. The only saving grace was the fact her husband and child were currently out of the country.

“I want your best men escorting her out of this gods forsaken place.” Lin Zhao gripped his cane tightly as he stared down at the ongoing war in the courtyard. Shots rang out with concerning frequency. It was getting bad. Very bad. 

“Sir…” The head of security, Tei Peng, started grimly. “There’s too many of them. Even if I do send my best, in all likelihood…” He didn’t go on. He didn’t need to.

Lin Zhao sighed “It’s all up to fate.”

Brother Peng, who has served the Lin family for over thirty years, set his mouth in a hard line. “I understand, sir.” He put a finger to his earpiece. “Eagle squad, come in.”

‘A familiar voice came to life. “This is golden eagle. What are our orders?”

“Have you secured the young miss?”

“Affirmative, father.” 

“Good. Take her and go.”

A pause. “Understood.” Not even a word of protest. Cold, decisive. Brother Peng took out his gun and smiled.

Just as his son should be.

The line then cut off. He’d destroyed his device. Smart. Their communications were being monitored, another fact they’d learned too late at the start of all this. Now that he had his orders this was the best option. 

“Go, Peng. Be with your son. You’ve served me long enough.” Lin Zhao stood from his chair in front of the window and unsheathed the saber hidden in his cane. He was old now, but his days as a Martial were flashing before his eyes once again. He could smell blood in his nose.

Brother Peng stood beside his longtime master. “I am Lin.” Was the only response he gave.

Lin Zhao closed his eyes. He had to, otherwise he would not be capable of stopping his tears. 

“Yes, you are.” In contrast to his rolling emotions, Lin Zhao’s voice was strong and sure. Damn him if the man had not earned the right to call himself Lin. Damn him if he had the gall to deny this of the man. 

“It’s time to die, Peng.”

“I know, sir.” The man replied calmly. “And it will be a good..." He trailed off, frowning. "What’s that?”

Lin Zhao was about to ask what he meant when he finally noticed a light in the sky. There, high in the air, was a bright hole in space. One by one several figures were cast out and splintered off into different directions. One of the figures, almost unnoticeable in the dark, grey sky, was falling towards them. 

They both watched, utterly dumbfounded at the strange sight. Mere moments passed. All fighting ceased as both sides had scrambled out of the unknown figure’s approach. Boom! A bone-shaking impact split the ground and sent debris everywhere.

All fighting ceased as men hid and tried to dodge the deadly rocks cast out with violent force upon the figure’s crash.

As the dust cleared, a strange sight greeted them. A young man. 

A naked, one-armed young man rising from the ground in a fit of coughs. In fact, his arm must’ve been newly severed as they could both see the blood still dripping from his wound.

This was….quite strange!

“What on earth…?”

***

Meanwhile, Damien finally cleared his lungs of that accursed dust. Bloody hell, but that was annoying. Talk about a rough landing. Fuckers. They just had to pull him in, didn’t they?

Ah well.

Where is he? 

He patted down his clothes...which were nonexistent, he realized. Hm. That’s a bit of problem, ain’t it? He can’t just let his dick be flopping about in the air with all this dust. Who knew what kinda infection he’d get? 

Thinking such nonsensical things, he became aware of other people in the area. They were all big men in military gear stationed to either side of him. One side was placed in front of a large, opulent manor. He could vaguely guess the situation.

They stared at him with wary eyes. Damien blinked and stared back.

 Finally, after a full minute of this, a bang echoed out. 

He felt a small poke at his side. 

Did they just...shoot at me?

It had come from the men to his right, the invading force here from what he could tell.

“Alright, which one of you motherfuckers did that?”

Silence. Then another bang, His one good arm lashed out and plucked a bullet right out of the air.

He casually flicked it away.

“Cute. Well, time to die."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

17