Vol.10 Ch.46
151 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10.46

Ten starred out of the window of the star ship. He used the interactive window to find more out about the planets they passed and the surrounding stars. It was the first time that he had the possibility to see so many stars, so, it wasn’t that strange that he completely ignored Darius. Originally, it shouldn’t have been the first time he saw this view, but the last time he took a star ship he slept through the whole journey.

“Have you finished looking at the stars?”

Darius asked sulkily from the side.

Ten shook his head, there were so many stars, how would you ever have enough of looking at them.

Darius scratched his head and sighed, then he took Ten into his arms and carried him over to the bed.

“If you don’t go to bed now, you will be tired when we arrive.”

Darius patted Ten’s back in a steady rhythm to get him to sleep.

Ten blinked, it had been a long time since someone had lulled him to sleep like this. Even if he normally slept with Darius, it was the first time that he had been unable to sleep, and the first time that Darius had patted his back like this. He just remembered, he hadn’t told Darius yet that he had his voice back, but he was so sleepy from the patting. He would tell him about it when he woke up.

Ten didn't know if it was a sleep inducted hallucination or not, but shortly before he lost conscious, he had long closed his eyes, it seemed like he heard Darius hum a tune. Ten felt something deep in his memories respond, he knew the song, someone had sung it for his body a long time ago. But before he could think about it, he fell asleep, that day was the first time that Ten ever saw a memory of his body, other than the ones from the laboratory. It was a sweet memory of 'his' childhood.

Because of his weak body, even for a Ger, he was often sick. One time someone other than his brother took care of him. Normally, his parents didn't really care for him, but because this person was there they had to keep up appearances and had done anything asked of them for the time being.

Before the person left, he had promised, he would come for him soon.

Ten woke up and wondered what happened to the promise, but nobody needed to tell him. Seeing that he was in the laboratory for a long time, it seems like that person had missed the time his body was still there and came too late to rescue him. There was also the possibility that the smiling boy was actually in cahoots with the laboratory, and was the one who brought him there, it was better not to think of things that happened so long ago. The thought of being betrayed by this child made Ten somehow uncomfortable.

Darius came in with a plate of food, it was good that the star ship was a five-star cruise ship or else they wouldn't have enough, or not delicious enough, food to hold Ten there. The food Darius had feed Ten, in the time they had stayed together, was good enough for Ten to never again accept nutrient solutions. The sharp drop in food quality on the star ship made Ten angry enough to want to tear it apart. It was good that Darius was with him at that time, without someone to sooth his ruffled feathers, it would have been a bad end for the other people on the star ship. Even in his disguise, Darius had enough to say to let the kitchen staff work extra hard in order to not let Ten down. Everyone shivered in fear in front of Ten and didn't dare to neglect him, fearing the outcome.

“We are nearly there, after you finish eating you can take a shower and make preparations to get off.”

“What kind of preparations do I need to do? Aren't you the one who packs our bags?”

Ten began shoveling the food in his mouth, he didn't need to do anything besides taking care he was dressed, and even with that would Darius help if Ten was too slow.

Darius just ruffled Ten's hair and began to pack the bags, he just hoped that Ten wouldn't do anything dangerous while he was busy.

Of course, Ten wouldn't listen to his inner plea and sneaked out.

At least he had taken care that he was disguised.

Ten sneaked onto the observation deck, the place where all passengers went to view the stars. You would often see children with their parents there, and only a few lone adults. Ten walked along the whole floor in hope to find something interesting. The only thing that could hold his interest for more that a glance was an old man with white hair and blue eyes. In the interstellar era, it was not often that you saw old people with white hair, nowadays the old people could get a special treatment that would let their hair keep their color, no matter how old they were. Meaning, this old man had originally white hair. Even Ten knew that there was only one family in the interstellar that had white hair and blue eyes, but the question was what he was doing here.

Ten sneaked closer, maybe he could find something out.

He saw the old man huffing and puffing in anger.

“Grampa, what's wrong? Did the people on board bully you, I will get revenge for you.”

Ten talked to the old man.

“Did I bother you while stargazing, I'm sorry, child.”

“No, I was just wondering what made you so angry.”

“Hm, well, I was originally planning to go onto the cruise with my wife, but she stayed at home because my grandson suddenly found a person he wants to marry. He didn't even propose but my wife still went ahead with the wedding preparations!”

The old man snorted, it didn't seem like he thought his grandson could succeed in coaxing his future wife.

“It must be hard for you, to be alone here. My family's little wife is also like this, no matter what he always has to do it perfectly.”

Since Ten didn't look like a normal Ger, Darius and him had decided to register him as a juvenile for the cruise. It was also a preparation for a slip up while they were out. If someone was able to recognize Darius, he would still not be able to tell who Ten was and they could say they were on a date, or something. Yes, it was Harry's idea.

Ten smiled sweetly at the old man, of course, he had a reason why he suddenly talked to him, he had noticed that one of the waiters nearby was behaving strangely while he seemed to target this old man.

“Aren't you too young to have a wife?”

The old man couldn't believe that, with the way Ten looked, he was already married.

“We aren't married yet, but that doesn't hinder him from being a virtuous wife.”

Ten observed how the waiter seem to hesitate after he saw Ten chatting with the old man, but since he had already put something in the drink, he still came over and respectfully presented the drink.

Ten's smile grew cold. If this old man was really who he thought he was he couldn't let any harm befall him, no matter what it was. And even if he was just a normal old man, Ten had already seen him put something in the drink, he couldn't simply walk away like this had nothing to do with him.

Ten took the glass and smashed it on the waiters head.

“Did you think I didn't see that you put something in the drink, do you believe I'm blind?”

Ten sneered coldly at the waiter before he suddenly froze in place, the blood of his wound smelled like the blood of the terrorist.

He was one of them!

They are back!

7