Chapter 5:The Story of A Rich Boy
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  Chapter 5 

     Camese catches her breath  after the sudden leap he did, the arms on her waist didn't loose until they submerged deep down the river.

She hold tightly unto him, the strong current of the river will surely wipe her body. Kellan swam and lead her out the river with their bodies still intact.

He settled her down on one of the huge rock beside the river, without delay he examine her body. Fortunately, she didn't obtain any wound. it's a miracle for her not to bleed now. 

"I'm sorry, you feel good?" He seems worried, because she turned pale, The woman nod her head. 

"I'm alright, rather it was pleasant"  Knowing that this guy can hear her thoughts she can't help but feel a bit of shame. We could have die from a while ago, how come she felt pleasant about it. 

Kellan was bewildered by the fact that she find it fun than terrifying.

Does this girl enjoy playing with the death itself? Or she just love doing risky things, like jumping from the cliff.. No it's not risky it's more likely a suicide. 

Odd, she's really an odd one. 

"was it that fun" He really can't keep up with her. 

He make her stand, Camese then glance at him.

"I've grown up in mountain, I always went to  see the cliff and I'm really fond to hear the sound of water flowing in the river. When I was a kid I wonder, what it feels like when you dive into it. I didn't know that it would be this fun" Camese smiled.

It was the first time Kellan to have a glimpse  of such appearance from the girl. She's not afraid even though she's all by herself, she didn't beg for her life when he attempt to kill her. She didnt cry when he told her the tragedy about the witches.

But she smiled after diving in the river. 

She's not playing with death, she's just curious about, almost everything. 

Kellan whistles trying to call his horse named Oli. A little while, Camese saw a creature.approaching them, Oli arrived. 

"Amazing" she thought. The horse find its owner through whistle, the forest was wide enough to hear him. 

Kellan, get a four sided cloth,then passed it to Camese. 

"Strip your clothes then wrap this. We need to dry it before the sun sets" 

"You'll get sick if I take this" Camese replied. 

"If I am to get sick just because you take that. Then you're most likely to die. Now change" Kellan said. The wind sways strongly, enough to make her shiver. 

Minutes has passed and the two of them sat in the stones facing the river waiting for their clothes to dry. Camese body was wrapped up with the cloth she got from Kellan. 

She turn her gaze, to the man beside her. His deep blue eyes were staring in the river he was indulge by his thought . She wonder what he's thinking, his silver hair sway smoothly. He didn't quiver even the wind is strong. 

"Beautiful" she commented. In  that moment the blue ones catches her red ones. 

"the river, the water flowing in the river is so beautiful to see under the sunset" Camese said in her thoughts. 

"After we lift up the curse, do you know where you wanted to go" he suddenly asked. 

It was so sudden, that she can't even hold her own thoughts. 

"I don't know" Thats right. She only focus how to release the tie with Kellan. She doesn't have plans on what to do after this. 

Where should I start? What I desire to do anyway?  How can I help the people of Novgrid myself. Even the entire witch clan didn't stand a chance from the king.

She was puzzled and consume by her thoughts. She didn't realize the man beside her, in silence, listening to her chaotic mind. 

She came back to her senses when he suddenly pin her down the stones. He grip both her hands, restraining her from making any movement. 

His eyes look very serene, like the ocean where no wave was born. 

"At this moment, you should struggle to be release or at least be afraid. A man is after you and you can't even free yourself" The man spoke up. She didn't try to get out of his grip. Because she doesn't feel an ounce of danger from him. Instead, 

"Cold. The stones were cold" with that in mind. 

He raised her right away. The cloth that she wrapped around her fall on her shoulder, barely revealing the skin of her chest. 

The man, didn't turn his gaze. 

Moreover his gaze is examining the mark on her skin. 

She then pulls the cloth to cover herself again. 

"The mark. It symbolizes that I pledge my life to you that's why it's placed upon my chest. You don't need to be cautious with it" Camese explained. 

"You didn't said it before" The man utter.

"The witches honor their love for someone, they dedicated their hearts when they betrothed. They love the recipient enough to trust their life to that person, so the mark is located there, that's all I know" 

He's still baffled, what's with the marks and honor. Camese solemn eyes look straight to him. 

" I wasn't trying to hide it. I just didn't think it was important. You're a good person. You see, I'm glad that you're the one who help me that day." 

She added. He then focus his gaze to her. 

"You thanked me enough, I just did what a normal person would do" 

"the more I hear from you the more I am certain that I know nothing" her eyes were sad. Kellan then sat down. 

"Do you know the story of the rich boy? " 

She nod. She had read it a lot of times when she was a little. It is a popular children's story.

The man eyes were staring earnestly on the horizon as the sunset painted the clouds above. It's a beautiful picture that she want to treasure. 

"The father wanted to show the boy how poor people live. They travel across the continent and the boy saw the world. They have pond inside the mansion but the poor people have an endless river. They have lanterns at night, but poor people have stars. They have  balcony but the poor people have the whole horizon. They buy food and the poor people grows them. It's a good story."

"Indeed" Camese commented. Kellan then stand  and picked up their clothes.

"Why did we suddenly turn this way?" She remembered. 

"The Imperial army were guarding the border. They might be after to hunt people like you" he said.

He don't know why but she seems to attract fuss. Getting into mess every time isn't good. 

"Besides, we're near enough" He said then hand over her clothes. 

That night they arrived on the moutain of Nobur. 

0