Chapter 9: Giovanni Achilles
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9 

          Camese is in deep sleep that night. A month has passed since she's starting her new life in the country side of Novgrid.

The curtain sway and fails to shield her from a chilly wind  from the outside, it sends  shiver to her entire body. While her forehead break out in cold sweat. Signs that Camese is having a nightmare. 

In her dreams, the little Camese were leaning in the windows sill, looking above hers where the thousands of stars lay. The glow of the stars reflect on her eyes,  the moon brightness is enough to prove that he's above all that exist.

Camese felt a warm sensation when her mother hugs her from behind. 

"You're really fond of  wonderful sights and landscape aren't you" lovingly said by her mother.

"Mom don't you think that the moon is so majestic? It appears to be, he sees everyone from his place. I'm wondering if he ever tried to help someone in need" the little girl asked out of a curiosity.

"Yes, it's enormous and a lavish sight for someone like us" the mother beamed from the childlike inquiry of her daughter. 

"Either way, there's a story that the King of all Witches Kahir promised a gift to all witches who will descend from his kingdom to earth. A gift of a companion for the rest of your life who will fight for your sake, protect you and shares your burden with you. He'll be the one to hold the light as you advance towards the path  you're after to." the smooth voice of her mother touch her heart softly. It's like, even if it's a falsehood she's going to believe it. 

" A Promise.. Where am I going to look for that promise?" she asked 

"King Kahir said that you don't have to look for it he will bring his promise to you if the time is perfect. Now don't worry about that stuff. I'm sure you will  have that promise from King Kahir when the time has come"" her mother smiled.

She woke up, cold sweat  form on her forehead. She always dream about her deceased mother this past few weeks, it's  not exactly as dreams but more like a memories of her childhood is coming back to her. Suddenly, she feels lonely. She miss her life in the mountain where her parents was still full of life. 

She stand up and walk toward the window and glance outside,  and saw the moon brighter than the usual. The same moon she was looking when she was a child.

She heave a heavy sigh before she reach her scarf on the bed side table. She can't sleep and feels lonely, that's why she decided to take a stroll. 

The stars are visible in the clear night sky, no signs of rain. She sat down on the cold wet grass as she get tired of walking.

While sitting she remembers what happened a week ago, 

Kellan brought her to a library, she still remember the feeling of his long fingers that playing with hers. 

After he take her back to the farm, she didn't see him again for a week now. He seems to set off to his job. 

"Should I wait till the sun has rise? I can't seem to sleep now. Then I'll just wait here, It's been awhile since I saw the first appearance of the sun in the morning. "she thought to herself. 

She closed her eyes when the cold breeze embraced her. There's nothing in her mind, not the memories of her parents, not the man who's with her in the library. Just the cold wind, the moon the stars, the trees. All at once, she felt the tranquility of the countryside that calmed her heart. 

She was surprised when a smooth fabric draped over her shoulders, shielding her from the strong wind. 

Her eyes turn around to met his. 

"It's a cold night for a walk don't you think" He calmly said. 

After a week of silence she finally heard a voice. like spotting an oasis in a dessert that's how she felt when she heard his voice. 

"I'm no longer sleepy so I decided to have a walk" She thought her gaze is still fixed on him, This is the first time she see him in his soldier attire. 

She's aware how this mere appearance can make her heart pound. 

"Then I'll stay here with you" He then sat down beside her. 

"You're tired right? Come, I'm going to prepare some meals" she's about to rise when he grab her both arms and slams her into his torso then enveloped her in his embrace. 

"Kellan-" she's about to utter something when he spoke. 

"Giovanni Achilles" He muttered  she heard it clearly. 

"My name is Giovanni Achilles" he said as he look deeply into her eyes. 

She looked at him in astonishment. Her heart is beating faster she's sure that he can feel it too. 

He closed his eyes for a moment, he always does this when he's trying to think. 

"The emperor of Hizar continent. " his gaze is staring intently at her. He's studying every surface of her visage. Her eyes falter. 

"Are you supposed to tell me these?" She asked. Bewildered from the sudden revelation. 

"At first? No. But now I want you to acquire something from me. I was about to say it when we were in the library but hesitate, It isn't a good place to disclose myself. It's just I know all about you I even know what's on your mind, it's good for you to know at least my name and my title" 

His gaze avert to the stars that glorified the human existence. 

"In four months my men will bring darkness here" he stated. 

They became quiet for a second, they're engage with their own thoughts. The Hizar continent is where the Novgrid belongs to. However, the King of Novgrid desire to be independent and separate the country from Hizar. Even Camese know this much. 

She  decided to speak first. 

"You infiltrate here months earlier to liberate the people of Novgrid that being slutterd by their own ruler. You even take them into your own account and protect them. You shouldn't do these much for the people that none of your concerns.. But still, you're here.." 

" War isn't something you can stop just because you want to " It's visible to his voice that he carries a heavy responsibility. 

" It's dark, but the light you bring out of your kindness is greater." It slipped on her mind. 

That's when the eyes same as the vivid night met hers. 

" You could have just sent someone in your stead, but you still went here knowing you put your life in danger" she said admirably. 

"Wether it's me or not, the purpose remains" He said in his weak voice. It's a responsibility he need to face.

"You're a powerful Emperor " She commented and paused, her eyes were full of emotion he can't name. Or chooses not to. 

" Giovanni Achilles" His eyes quivers not because of his name, but because he heard it.. The smooth sound of her voice.

0