Chapter 10: The Lights We Cannot See
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10 



     Time has passed, none of them retrieve their own gaze and just stare into each other, no one dare to speak.His eyes were astonished from the voice he heard for the first time.

The sound of her voice in his mind isn't clear but understandable he didn't look forward to hear her voice before, if he just know. He was still absorb in his own thoughts when Camese smiled.

"You have a powerful name Giovanni Achilles" she says it again.

The emotions inside Giovanni are like waves crashing on the shore.

"And you have a perilous smile" he says  to himself. In that instance, her thoughts that lingers inside his head for weeks has disappeared.

When he's far away from her. Her tranquil and  turmoil thoughts bothers him, even he cannot comprehend of what she's thinking.

She's about to move when his stong grip from her arms fell into her waist.

"Where are you going?" he asked. His thoughts seems out of nowhere.

"Your uniform.. disheveled " she said. The sweet voice of a woman sends shivers to his body.

"My clothes is nowhere near as important as how  you can speak now? What happened?" He insisted. Never letting his hands free from her waist.

"I don't know, there must be something that triggered the cursed.." she stop, her face shows that she's engage in her profound thoughts and  trying to narrow down any possibilities.

" 'If one fulfill the the desired requirement then the magic will give what you desire.' That's what the previous Head of Jadimir said to you right?" She affirm.

He nod, she's still feel alien to him. 

"The desired requirement.. " Her warm voice sends burning sensation to him like flames that playing with his emotions.

Her ruby like eyes stare at him, glowing more than the stars above. 

"What a beautiful witch " he speak to himself, again.

"You already have your judgements aren't you?" He asked. He can't read what's on her mind so he need to ask.

"Yes" She responded genuinely.

"Then what lifts the curse? " He inquired. She shakes her head smoothly, feeling sorry to him.

"That.. I can't tell you" She confess. He's surprised from her honesty.

"I think its way better If I have access to your mind" He stated.

"Not for me" she said. Finally, he diecided to let go of her and lay down on the wet grass and close his eyes. He heave out a heavy sigh like the burden he's carrying for a while now has lifted.

"I'm sorry, it did take much time for my thoughts to get part from you." she apologized, she really feel sorry for him as she gaze down the dark shadows under his eyes.

He open his eyes capturing her fire like ones.

"Yeah you should" He said. She didn't expect that kind of response from him. From the past month she have known him. He would always say 'it's okay' 'alright' this is the first time he openly blamed her. Though, she didn't feel offended. 

"I-" she's about to speak again when she was cut off.

"I know it's not settled yet but  can I have the good deeds you offered from the time we were heading to Mt. Nobur" he asked earnestly.

"Huh?" she's baffled from his inquiry until she remember the time they're riding riding Oli. 

"Ah. But You see, I have nothing as of no-" she still talking when he interrupt her again. 'Really? This guy' Camese thought to herself.

"I know. What am I asking is, if It's okay if you sleep with me" He seem so enthusiastic to convince her. With no thoughts she stand up and offer her hand to him.

"Come" she said, in a heartbeat he take her hand and immediately lead her to his room.

Camese heart is pounding so fast. Just from the hands that was holding her. After they arrived inside his room. He remove his military attire leaving his tunic.

Exhausted... 

 That's what she can see in his entire visage. She's still trying to get familiar in his room when he snatch her and both of them lie down on top of the bed.

He pull her closer to him and sigh. She's sure that he can hear her heart pounding as she can feel his breath on her neck.

"I wasn't able to sleep for weeks now." he started. She didn't utter a thing and try to hear what's he's about to say first. She can't see his face and she guessed his eyes were closed.

"I'm alienate to this land. I know that if I ever let my guard down even for  a bit, I'm giving a chance of victory to my enemy and" he paused. 

"I can't sleep with the people I'm about to slaughter in four months" she remain lip tight. She doesn't now what is the right response to this.

"When I hold onto you a while ago, it eased my burdens.  I feel like I can rest and fall asleep. I'm sorry please bear with me for a while " he said. His voice were tired. Who wouldn't? after a weeks of sleep deprived.

She did not reply. she's looking for right words to say to him.

"Every time this guy open his mouth I always find myself in a corner thinking a way out" she said to herself.

"I'll be guarding you until you woke up" she assured him. Well she's truthful to her words.

She find him grinning and somehow, his breath tickles her neck.

"You're absolutely right. Later I have a meeting with the Rebellions. " He stated. She was bewildered from his disclosure a while ago but now she's further.

"When we encountered one of them in the woods they're after your life isn't it?"

"That was merely an unnecessary coincidence " he simply said. He raise his head and stare at her earnestly.

"I know I haven't said this. But I'm sorry for your loss" he said. She blink. He's talking about the witches now? 

"No..No. Honestly, I want to discuss you something maybe tomorrow I just need to settle things on my own first" she said.

It seems like he had an Idea of what she's about to  discuss  but he just nod and comply.

"Are you sure to risk your life for exposing yourself to the Rebellions? " she asked again she's lying if she said she's not worried. 

"There's no great downfall to a King if he collapsed from his own Kingdom and to be crashed by his own people" he said coldly. The cold sound of his voice is enough to outright the chilly breeze she felt in her room.

His warm hands went down to her waist. Their eyes were glistening with fierce under the moonlight escaping from the window. She didn't feel frighten from the sight of him, rather now he feels different from a man with a murderous intent from a while ago.

"Sleep now Giovanni" she said smoothly. Shortly, the man beside her fell asleep.

But Camese wasn't able to, there's a lot of things going inside her head and one of them is her will to fight to free the people of Novgrid from its cruel King.

Somewhere in Novgrid.. 

"The King is unaware of a small fire starting in the outskirt of Novgrid, which later turn to a fiercely blaze that will burn his kingdom. Now come, our Lord Giovanni "  said by a man with a delicate smile on his lips.

0