Chapter 11: First Man to be Lay on the Ground
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 11

       Giovanni toss the third stone he was holding, it leap eight times above the water before it sunk to the lake. 

He stands firmly. When two shadows came out from the woods.

"You're alive" said the woman who chased them in the forest before. His lips form a small smile, like what he always does to show courtesy. 

"Yeah it's good to see you too" he said. The woman look around like she's looking for somethin- for someone.

"Where's she?" She asked. Giovanni knowing who's the woman referring to, gave her an unpleasant stare.

"I believe you only have one person to meet here. " he said in inimical voice. 

Filiz eyes quiver and somehow feel frightened by the man in front of her.The man beside her named William slightly bows his head.

"I apologize for the waiting Sir.Kellan my name is William and she's Filiz. We'll be the one to accompany you" He said in courteous manner.

They ride in a carriage with a crest from one of the Duke of Novgrid. After that, no one dares to start a conversation. Not William, who seems calm and collected. Not Filiz whose  blood freezes the moment the man speak coldly to her.

And not the misanthropic young man whose gaze is outside.

Filiz is observing the man in front of her. His clothes is ordinary, like any soldier you can see   anywhere in Novgrid, his hands was wrapped up of bandages. Aside from the cheap material thing he owned that didn't give justice to his appearance. He's emitting a formidable aura around him. 

"Though, he did smile from the time we saw him. He got mad when I asked about the girl."Filiz thought to her self. 

It didn't take long when they reached their destination. The man step outside the carriage and see an  elegant structure of a huge  house. 

There's no maid, butler or any servant inside the house. They proceed to the second floor and  stop in front of a thick wooden well polished door. 

"Lord Grouch, the soldier under the command of Lieutenant Farlan has arrived" Filiz mince when she heard the word 'Lieutenant' from William's announcement of arrival.

She has nothing against  the house of Farlan. But every time she'd heard the word 'lieutenant' she can't help but her blood boils. 

They stride inside an extremely classic room. The man with deep blue ocean eyes met the green like forest ones, that sparkles as he saw the man who just arrived. 

"Filiz and William, thank you for bringing him here you can leave" The man is sitting in front of the desk made out of an oak tree. 

William and Filiz bow their heads as they step outside. 

Grouch stand and guide him to sit on one of the couch in his receiving area. When Giovanni sat down. The man kneeled down and bow his head. 

"Long live Your Majesty Giovanni the Great Emperor of Achilles" He greet. Giovanni just nod.

Grouch examine the man in front of him. 

"He look stress. Well, being an emperor surely bring nothing but fatigue aside from the extravagant treatment you received from the servant. I guess. But now he's living in the country side of Novgrid with no servant to tend his needs. He could have stayed here and stop the pretentious soldier act. And just order someone to infiltrate the castle " Grouch thought 

"You're late for two weeks, Your Highness" the voice of a man who just came out from one of the door inside the room.. 

Giovanni sigh before he give an explanation.

"I patrol the country side of Novgrid in my first week, and there's some stuff I had to deal with the second, and for the third week I have to fulfill my duties as a soldier. And Yesterday I went to Kellan's house. Does it satisfy your needs in your reports?" he said. 

" Of course my Lord. I did say that I wouldn't meddle with your errands but my head is about to fall just by waiting for your arrival " said the man and beamed. 

Grouch didn't interfere  the reunion of the Emperor and the Advisor. 

" And what's the stuff you're doing to be occupied in the second week? " the man insisted. 

"I got married" Said the young emperor, like he just attain some graze on his finger and it wouldn't kill him so there's nothing to worry about. 

The smile that was plaster on the Advisor's facade didn't fade. 

"You Fucking what My Lord?" He said with a threatening voice still smile is visible on his face. 

"He's back " Giovanni thought. 

"I got married and stuff" Giovanni repeated.

The Advisor snapped then  ran to him. 

"I trust you! I lay my neck happily to your people and to this land just to give you your freedom even if it's just for a week! Then you will come back to me, married?!" The man accused him. The act that he was making awhile ago was stripped off in instant.

"Disgusting. Your not my wife so stop the Nagging Khail" He said. His ears hurt. Him acting like the finest Advisor would be better. 

"And what kind of girl is your wife?! Did you even plan to tell me? " Khail said

"Cut that off. Just like I said  yesterday I went to  Kellan's house " Giovanni started. 

Setting aside  the mess of the emperor has done. The Advisor suddenly became serious. 

"Giovanni. I already went there ahead of time. And saw it my eyes there's nothing left- " 

"I know. I just want to pay a visit and give my respect" the emperor muttered. 

They became quiet for a while before Giovanni started to speak again and return his gaze to Grouch. 

"I came across with one of your men in the forest" Giovanni started. 

"We didn't expect you to come after all. So the Anti-imperialist decided on killing the people who try to commit suicide. Recently, a lot of families going inside the forest wanting to  die together before the King got them. The Anti-imperialist wanted to take that sin from the people of Novgrid, they believe that if they're the ones who do the crime to them. They'll be freed from the sin of committing suicide. And I believe that too. We can give them a proper burial than being slaughtered and tortured by their king" Grouch stated. 

"We came. Stop the execution and gather them in one place " Giovanni instructed. 

"I'm not confident that I can protect them all, Your Highness. If I could I have done it instead of putting an end of their lives" Grouch said politely. 

Giovanni give a sigh.

"I'll start in the city of Jair. The city near from Mt. Nobur. I'll stripped out the Barron out of his throne so you can place the refugees in this area" he declared. 

There's a glimpse of hope in Grouch eyes after hearing it from the emperor.

"Baron Kiko Burk. After the King declared the sanction of liberty to slaughter one another.  He become active in slaughtering his own people who refuse to be his vessel for disposal." The Duke said in a low voice. 

" The tyrants of this country surely love to kill helpless people. I have taken few survivors of Jadimir Tribe. "  Giovanni replied. 

" It looks like your temporary house will  be a charity house" Khail commented but Giovanni ignore him. 

"When are you planning the opposition My Lord? I'll prepare the Anti-imperialist to assist you" said Grouch. He's starting to make plans in his mind. 

"The day after tomorrow  we'll start the game they never agreed to" Giovanni stated. 

0