The Dream, Chapter 1: The Race
66 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This might be a little fourth wall breaky, but Hi. I am the so called protagonist of the story, when really this story is about my dreams. I live in a house that is really high up in the air, because it flies. Well not really flies per say, it more of floats really fast.  This is the story of how I came into possession of the house and what I did with it. You know it wasn't always flying, but the power of dreams can do almost anything, so I was just like screw it flying time. Well time to tell the story then. Flashback time

 

It was the annual tournament, this last year it was a race, and the year before that was a race. I can pretty much guess that this year will also be a race, but I have no clue what we will be racing towards. As per usual everyone sees what we are going to race towards. Last year it was a car, big whatever from me, but today... Something I think would be really cool. We are racing towards a house! I mean in dream land, that's what I am calling this place, literally anything is possible, so it isn't just a house, nor was it "just a car" last year, but the house will fly through personal dream worlds.

For me as a writer, my dreams is to create worlds so I have a multiverse to explore if I get the house. The rules are that each person will get three days to make one to three items to help them in the race. Last year I made two items, a navigation crystal, and a banana launcher. They sound a bit funny but they worked pretty well as I got 2nd place during the race, winning me a blank blueprint. I suppose I will use the blueprint for this race as I really want to win this time.

Blueprints just allow you to make an instant contraption, without having to use any dream energy. (Every time I speak new information flows out of my mouth that I'm pretty sure some people won't understand during this point in time, but don't worry I'll explain it later.) And so I decided to make a grappling hook with my blueprint, designing many hooks and a strong pulley system to pull me around, It is an interesting build though it has a limited number of uses. This design would allow me five uses. The reason the blueprint is so good is that each invention will have a chance for multiple uses, while inventions made with dream energy are one time use only. There was even a minuscule chance that it will be a permanent item! This time I only managed to get five uses but I am satisfied with it, it will probably help me out a lot.

I finish my other items (which I will not tell you about till later ;] ) and I get ready for the race. Thanks to the blueprint I managed to get three items this time, and I am anxious to see what the rest of the race entails. Looking up at the cloud I see that there is a giant building with a ladder at the top and on top of the ladder is one two story house, with big blue windows.

I along with the rest of the racers get ready at the starting line.  This time I was a little excited, as the race had a lot of elements making it fun and I love the challenge. 

With the ring of a bell, we were off, I immediately dash up the side of the building not even bothering with the door, grabbing my grappling gun, I use it to catch one of the lamp poles sticking out of the building. The whole building was a bit odd in shape, with various poles sticking out of it for some of the more adventurous dreamers to try to climb, and luckily I am on that list. Jumping from pole to pole on my way up. occasionally slashing a few with my sword if they got too close. Dreamers are essentially immortal, but have a tendency to wake up if they are killed in the dream world.

(Dream world laws are hard to explain, so I'll do it later)

I am nearly halfway through and I caught a glimpse of the other racers from the inside of one of the buildings windows. there seem to be three racers other than me that are tied for first. I bust in the window and try to slash some of the racers inside, but they have already raced up the stairs. Looking out the broken window I see a far away pole but If I can reach it with my last grappling shot, I can make my way to the top. Aiming carefully I take the shot, watching as it wraps around the pole and I begin to wall run up the side of the building. I take a jump and the residual momentum launches me up and over to the top. 

I manage to find myself in a group standoff, with three people all facing each other surrounding the ladder. I am so close to the end. I get into position, wielding my katana, I face off with the others. No hard feeling but I am going to win this! I am the first to make a move, stabbing the person in front of me, they don't turn into mist immediately and I pull out my blade swirling around hitting the person to my left cleaving them in two. This time, the person to my left turns to mist and blows away, meaning they woke up. Then all chaos breaks loose.

Everyone starts to attack, while I during the chaos dash towards the ladder while everyone is in confusion. I climb up the ladder as fast as i can and when I hit the top I looked down to see, both of the remaining fighters looking up at me. I waved and as they both turned to mist showing me a thumbs up. Most everyone in this world is such a good sport. I hear the announcement that I have one and immediately the house begins to float away, with me inside. Not that I was scared or anything, this is what  was looking forward too! I am finally traveling to one of the worlds in my dreams! But for not it's time to explore the house itself.

2