Writing Prompt: The Rest of the team has been wiped out and a Healer-type character is making a desperate last stand.
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Go see the world they said... Travel the world with the heroes of the kingdom... Defeat the Demon Lord the said... Like it was to be an expected result. Alistor was trained by the best swordsman, the wisest sage... now taking his last breath. Desperately I try to stop the bleeding... pouring every ounce of my magic and concentration into just one thing... saving my friend.

(Alistor) "I'm fine... Just...get out of here... they won't last long. Even if it's only you... survive...live..on......"

His eyes slowly losing their luster, his voice becoming a mere whisper as time crawled on. Despite my efforts his body goes limp, an empty husk once holding the soul of my dearest friend. Why did I learn all these healing techniques and spells… what genius? What Saint?  I couldn’t even save one person when he needed me most!

One after another... all of those that traveled with me fell, their wounds were all too deep... no matter how much I tried... I couldn't save a single one of them... each one... dying in my arms...telling me to run... to abandon them...to save myself. The cruelty and malicious scars left on each and every person, left not to take their lives right away. But to slowly drain them of their life. 

(Rina) “Get out of here you idiot…”

No… No, not her too. Desperate I grab a few bottles of medicine with my hands and apply it to her wounds while incanting another healing spell. 

(Rina) “I always hated your guts… get out of my sight… I don’t want the… last thing i see… to be your face…”

Despite her words, her eyes were gentle and serene… I can’t let her die too! Reaching for my bag I grab every bottle of magic recovery potions I can and force them down my throat. 

(Rina) “You… it’s dang-”

Putting my finger over her mouth I swallow down bottle after bottle. I know… drinking too many in a short time will cause terrible side effects. But that doesn’t matter right now, I just need to sav… 

(Demon Lord) "Pathetic! Is this the best you humans can do!? Heroes? Mere Peasants and women sent after this Great one? You monkeys shall know what happens when you disrespect me! "

Again and again, this guy doesn’t know when to shut up. He keeps flapping his lips like one of those Noble Aunties who just heard some gossip. 

"Shut up..."

Interrupting the Demon Lord I set down Rina... She...no, we loved each other... she begged and pleaded that I leave. She only cared about my safety, not thinking for a moment about her own. Because I only know how to cure wounds... I've never fought in my life, and each and everyone of them knew we couldn't win.

(Demon Lord) "How dare you"

"I said shut your shitty mouth."

Taken back the Demon Lord pauses for a moment as I grab a hold of Rina's sword. I have nothing left here... my best friend and the woman I loved... both taken by this... monster... Even if I can't kill him... even if it's in vain... I will crush that piece of crap under my shoes, no matter the cost.

(Demon Lord) "There's only you left, Dog of the Church! Why not run like your pathetic companions bid you! Run with your tail between your legs."

Grasping the sword in my hand I run towards the Demon Lord swinging the sword as hard as I can. Over and over my attacks get deflected, he's just toying with me... like he did with all my friends.

(Demon Lord) "Weak! I've seen newly born goblins hit harder!"

With that the Demon Lord pierces my stomach with his spear. Not yet... Just a little bit more…

(Demon Lord) "Wha!? Stay back Scum! Just die already you roach!"

As I slowly pull myself towards him plunging the spear farther into me the Demon Lord starts to throw spears of dark magic at me to not avail. As a priest... I have the ability to negate dark magic, the only thing I can do against him.

The Demon Lord's attack grows more frantic as I get closer until he abandons his spear and grasps me by my throat raising me above him. As he begins to let out his cheap laughter, I thrust my magic rod into his face releasing the blade hidden in it.

Dropping me to the ground the Demon Lord holds his eye in pain, my impact to the ground almost causing me to lose consciousness. Not yet... just...one more present for you. With a smile I slowly drag myself towards him, the pain slowly driving me mad as I chant my last spell.

The only spell I learned trying to cancel out it’s effects… A curse that causes the target to hallucinate. For every person, every life they take… another phantom appears while they are conscious or unconscious haunting them until they go mad.

"I'll see you in Hell Demon."

0