Short Story: The Polite Zombie
58 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ha….Ha……Ha…..”

What the hell is going on here, I got a red alert on my phone suddenly this morning. I thought it was a prank…I mean…Zombies? Seriously? I mean…there’s no way that there could be zombies right.

(Phone) “Ding….Ding….Ding, Ding Ding”

Stop texting me already! Jesus Christ! I already got like 33 messages from everyone already! I get it, I really do! There are zombies wandering the streets and be careful, and so…many “I TOLD YOU SO” So what if I didn’t buy those stupid Zombie Apocalypse kits, or have a Zombie Apocalypse plan!

Who even REALLY thinks this would happen!? Watching the news…it looks absolutely normal…NOT!! Everywhere there’s just chaos, broken windows, people are just taking things and running off with them. Where did law and order go?

What…do I do now…I don’t have anything at all… I wasn’t even paying attention when they were talking about their stupid zombie plans! Rummaging through my room the only thing I could find were…books…books… and a pen. The pen is mightier than the…LIKE HELL IT IS!

At least I have food right…?  That’s a good start…  Maybe I’ll just wait here at home until this passes… the government wouldn’t like..quarantine or anything…right.  I mean that doesn’t make any sense, couldn’t they just…

(Phone) “BUZZ”

… Ha? Picking up my phone I received another alert…  THEY BLOCKED ALL THE ROADS IN AND OUT OF TOWN!? And…wait… This text here… Thank god! They sent me a reminder on what to do, and wait… I forgot! We had a party yesterday… I have no more food left! Why did you do this to me past me? Why!

Alright, I need to calm down… It says here…get weapons…yes…this pen definitely counts right… Procure food supply… yea…about that… and go to a secure location with few entrances… My house is fine right…? I mean… Front door… Back yard entrance…entrance from the garage…and windows…

I’m screwed aren’t I?

Hmm… Who’s knocking at the door…? Don’t door to door salesmen watch the news? There’s ZOMBIES outside!

Walking over to the door I look out the window and I see two cute girls staring blankly at my door. I should let them in, they probably need shelter right? Quickly I unlock the door and smile at the girls and welcome them in. That’s when I noticed something…strange.

Both girls…didn’t look normal, they looked a little pale maybe they’re sick…Are they feeding these girls enough? The taller of the two girls is really pretty though… she kind of gives off that mysterious vibe. Makes one want to know more about her.

The other girl was shorter, I mean you could even mistake her for a middle schooler…or maybe she is? She wore a bright smile despite her complexion that made you just want to pet her and give her some candy. She stepped forward and spoke to me first, though I kinda wanted to talk with the other girl…

(Smaller Girl) “Gimme brains~ Please~”

What…Huh? Did she just insult me saying I don’t have any brains? And here I thought she was a cute girl! No candy for her anymore…not that I had any left.

(Taller Girl) “….Miep”

…Miep…? What does that even mean!? Then I realized something… don’t zombies…eat…OH CRAP!! Shutting the door closed I run over to my coach and push it against the door! Oh god why me!? Wait… if they were really zombies… they wouldn’t knock right? I mean… shouldn’t they just try to beat the door until it breaks down right…?

Maybe those girls were just playing a prank on me… It’s not a funny joke right now! There are really zombies out there! Don’t these girls know there’s a time and place for jokes like this!

*Knock Knock*

Who is it this time? Wait… that’s coming from the back yard this time. Maybe someone is here to pick me up? Those guys… I knew they wouldn’t leave me on my own! After heading back to the yard and opening the door I hear a familiar voice.

(Voice) “Miep…”

OH CRAP! Wait… it’s just the pretty girl… she’s just staring at me and tilting her head. She really is cute… Maybe I should talk to her? Wait a second! What if she really IS a zombie! That would be bad right?

While I was thinking about it the girl slowly walked towards me and she looked very… zombie like… like a zombie from one of those movies… nope… nope NOPE!

Slamming the door close I run back and head to the garage and open it. No way am I staying here any longer, I really feel like these … Ah… crap… It’s the other girl…

As quick as I can i hit the garage door again to close it, but she gets inside and it starts to reopen… damn safety lasers! Slamming the garage door I go back inside.

*Knock Knock*

“I’M NOT OPENING THE DOOR!!!”

Why are they knocking!? What is going on here!! Why can’t this be NORMAL!? Wait… normal? HOW IS A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE NORMAL IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

*Creak*

…. No way…

I turn around and see I didn’t lock the door to the yard… I mean… I wasn’t intending on coming back… and… zombies shouldn’t well… open doors normally right?

(Girl) “Miep”

**Knock knock**

… What…now?

1