Short Story: Truck Sama
41 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Past an unornate door lays a simple room, devoid of decor sits a man behind a mountain of paper. Lacking any unnecessary furniture, the man silently reads to himself the document he had just grabbed.

*Sigh*

He did it again… Can’t he stop this already!? I have enough work as is, why does he have to give me more work! That god forsaken guy needs to take a break or something and stop killing people and reincarnating them already! This guy’s the fourth one today!

In front of me stands a young man about sixteen, his clothes were in tatters and blood stained. His blond hair turned brown from the blood dried upon his head. Even then his clear blue eyes radiated with determination and clarity.

(Young Man) “Wait… what just… did that really just happen!?”

Calming the young man I tell him what happened… That damned Truck decided that he wanted this boy to reincarnate into another world. So he set out to kill him and send his spirit to me so I can assign him to another world.

Normally that would be a simple story… but this young man was the lone survivor in a city infested with zombies. He was skilled and will definitely thrive, maybe even save another world from a destruction. But did he REALLY have to drive through and kill off 500 zombies to get to him!

Just before he was killed, I watched a black truck drive past the barricades between the living and the dead.  It’s license plate had the word “Truck” on the front...and “Sama” on the back. This guy for some reason has been getting full of himself. I couldn’t help but hit my head against the wall.

The army protecting the barricade tried to approach the truck, but he simply revved his engine louder and drove straight inside. It was then it all started...the loud cry of the engine attracted the zombies out from their hiding places and slumber starting to approach him. And instead of AVOIDING them like he could have… He just plowed them all down!

It was a bloody mess! Corpses flew everywhere, the truck became a deep red before he finally found the young man. He was hiding out in an apartment building. It was only 4 floors high, but he had already cleared the entire building out and had enough food to last him months.

To ensure his survival, he had barricaded all entrances into the building from the first 2 floors and set up multiple choke points to slow the zombies down if they had had somehow broken through. Traps were set, and he had prepared a large amount of makeshift weapons to prepare for a long hit and run tactic if he was outnumbered.

He had bells, and other tricks to notify him if there was any change in the apartment. So what does that damned truck decide to do? Drive up a ramp and crash straight into his room! I mean I know he can do stuff like that… but couldn’t he be a little less flashy!?

After explaining to the young man that he had died due to a freak accident, where the driver of a truck had been killed at the wheel. And this truck somehow made it’s way up a ramp into his apartment complex. It was a stretch… but how else was I supposed to explain it? The God of Reincarnation Truck Sama decided to kill you!? That would be even harder to convince him!

After processing him I sent him into a Steampunk world where magic existed also. The world was currently about to go into an all out war between two of the largest countries, and the aftermath would be devastating due to a third party pulling the strings behind the scenes.

Rubbing my temples to ease my headache, the next person has appeared in their own closed off space. Hmm.. This one… No… Why would you even do that…

The next soul was cautious otaku, who had blended into the workforce. He had learned many things from business, and was actually good with people. Flow of cash and goods was easy for him, he could easily turn a poor country around into riches.

The only issue for that Truck… was that the otaku… had read lots of light novels, and was sure “Truck San” was after him. His self confidence causing this belief that he was a perfect fit to be reincarnated into another world and had taken measures to avoid any trucks.

Too bad for him, it was true. Normally most of these… Otaku types would be happy to have that… Truck to reincarnate them. However this particular Otaku, was quite well off and had started a small business with otaku goods and had amassed quite the fortune.

Not wanting to give this up… he had barricaded himself and avoided traffic. He would work out of his apartment which was on the 50th floor. For food and his general needs, he would order things online and call for delivery. Even going to the point of requesting that the delivery vehicle not be a truck.

Under normal circumstances… you wouldn’t imagine him being killed by a truck...possible. That was until… he decided to just drive up the stairway. It was quite the sight, a crazed truck drove through the front door and started driving straight up the side of the walls of the staircase to the 50th floor without running over anyone else.

*Sigh*

The thing is… this Otaku heard the truck and tried to escape and when he was cornered he jumped out the window out of desperation. He wasn’t an idiot… he had a parachute. He… was really paranoid…

Yet...that...damned truck… drove straight out the window and ran into him! From the bloody 50th floor! And to make matters worse… the truck disappeared without a trace after hitting him!

Certainly… His talent for business could be used to help thwart the problems occurring in one of the troubled worlds. After giving him an appropriate gift from God, that worlds chances of escaping a disaster greatly increases… but couldn’t you be more.. Tactful about it!?

After sending off the Otaku… who became suddenly extremely excited mid conversation I turn around to try to take a break… which was denied...yet once again…  BECAUSE OF THAT DAMNED TRUCK!!

Rubbing my forehead from my impending headache I reach for a cup of water on my desk. A nice cool drink will help wet...SUIT!? Wait what is this… why is this guy in a wet suit... ? I scoop up my paperwork and quickly read it to figure out the situation.

This reincarnator was killed while boat racing? Well that changes the situation, I mean trucks only move around on land right? There’s no way that...THAT DAMNED TRUCK DID IT! HOW!? Does he have to defy all forms of sense! Does he enjoy my suffering!?

Let’s see qualifications… this person is a professional boat racer, he’s lived by the shore for years. This… I can see why he did it, we do need a reincarnator that can function Airships… in a way they would also… It makes sense but… Did he really.. Need to do that…?

I had to explain to the poor bloke that he was killed in a freak boat accident… a Spy...Truck that had the capability to exchange it’s tires for skees had lost control and crashed into him. A Spy… Truck? Are you serious! Have you been watching too many spy movies! Those AREN’T REAL!

Gasping for air I quickly process him since honestly the situation was getting desperate and we had lacked the right person to go to that world. That and I really… REALLY want a break!

The next person...Wait...No...Way...How?... WHY!? Is that even allowed!? A man in a … full space suit came before me this time. I’ve never seen this happen before all my time here. His cause of death. He was of course… ran over by a truck. Just the… it’s easier to explain by starting at his last moments…

The man was working at a space station, he was outside doing maintenance when he suddenly saw a large object slowly drifting towards him. He had thought nothing of it until it got closer… It was a truck just slowly spinning around.

He decided to ignore it for a while, until it got closer… At that point he suddenly felt a strong vibration and turned to look. What he saw was the truck's headlights suddenly turn on and it was facing him.

The next moment the truck...in space...started driving towards him. Being in space he couldn’t dodge and was pushed by the truck which started to accelerate more and more… in space… it wasn’t able to kill him with the impact… so that truck… drove him back into the earth’s atmosphere and… LITERALLY DROVE HIM INTO THE EARTH LIKE A METEOR!

The man would definitely make a great hero, he is very knowledgeable with technology, and had even learned several survival techniques. He could take on a much harder world and probably even recreate technology in another world.

But, was that really necessary! Couldn’t he just wait until he landed or something? I… just give up. That damned Truck will just forcefully reincarnate who ever it sees fit… but can he at least give me a break!

After sitting around for a minute I notice that… no one has come. Did he stop? Can I have a break now? No… there’s no way that he would allow this. Thankfully during times like this I can check on him and see how or what he’s doing.

In the middle of the desert a black truck pulls up into a gas station to refill. Not a soul could be seen at this rarely visited place. A figure slowly exits the vehicle dressed in a reddish brown robe covering his face. As he looks up the one could see two balls of flames where his eyes should be as he promptly refuels.

Suddenly a mechanical sound rung from his pocket and he picks it up and puts it to his ear. Flames spewing from the phone, the silence was broken and replaced with just the furious bellow of the man’s name echoing through the wasteland.

1