Short Story; Ninja Dad Series: The Sadistic Ninja Dad’s new years
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Through the cold winter night, a gentle breeze blew through the guarded town. It was the eve of the new year and the town’s residents waited for the new year to begin.

(Young Man) “Dad… couldn’t you bring Nana with you this time? Why do I have to come every new year…”

Sighing the young man shook his head as he gazed upon his father, whom wore a bright red scarf fluttering through the wind.

(Older Man) “Ah, but son! This has been a family tradition for ages, my father’s father’s father had done this with their sons every year. We will not break this tradition!”

The old man folded his arms and chuckled as he threw back his head to face the night sky.

(Young Man) “You just didn’t want to pry Nana from the kotetsu! I saw her glare at you when you tried to drag her out instead!”

Ninja Dad suddenly grabbed his chest and fell back a step from the thought. He had forcefully dragged his daughter out for their yearly Christmas outing and she was still rather upset. Recalling her pouting face as she flipped through the T.V channels brought a shiver to his spine.

(Young Man) “See! You crappy old man, I’m going home I had just pulled a graveyard shift I’m tired!”

Before the young man suddenly a picture appeared that he quickly ripped apart.

(Ninja Dad) “Mwa hahaha, are you certain you wish to go rest son of mine?”

The young man slowly turned around like an unoiled robot and stared at his father with a mixture of fear and disgust.

(Young Man) “...Dad...where...did...you….get….that.”

Suddenly with a cloud of smoke Ninja Dad disappeared leaving a note. “My Dear Saeki, catch me first and we’ll talk”

The clock struck midnight as town heard the Saeki’s angered yelling.

(Saeki) “You Shitty Old Man! Wait until I get my hands on you!”

And with this, the long new year’s day for the town began.

Through the darkness of the night two figures ran through the town terrorizing the residents. Every year since anyone could remember, the town was subjected to a certain family’s antics. The town would prepare each year to try to fight back, this year especially.

A group of unsuspecting businessmen had started drinking at the local pub after work, unknown to them the fate that was to meet them. They drank a toast to the new year, and had drank until their faces were dyed red.

That was when the first victim was claimed, the man had poured a fresh cup of Jameson and was about to bring it to his lips when it disappeared. Confused the man blamed his co worker next to him whom he found tied up and gagged to his stool.

(Ninja Dad) “Kah~ Nothing beats a bit of whisky on the rocks to start the day off right.”

The man frighten turned around and saw the Sadistic Ninja Dad and tried to flee in terror. Abandoning his co workers he kicked away his stool and started to crawl out the back door of the bar, throwing the door open.

(Drunk Businessman) “Out of my way! He’s here! He’s hereeeeeee!!”

The man mouth was stuffed with a hand full of sparklers before he was bound and tossed into the trash can.

(Saeki) “I knew you’d be here first… You alcoholic!”

Ninja dad was sitting on top of the bar table emptying the bottle of Jameson over his head. Letting out another satisfied sigh he stared at his son with a grin on his face.

(Ninja Dad) “AHAHAHA, Your father is no alcoholic son! Alcoholics go to meetings!”

Before Saeki could react, a flask suddenly appeared in his dad’s hands. Surprised he checked his pockets frantically in disbelief. He had hidden it inside a hidden pocket in undershirt, his precious flask of 18 year Yamazaki.

Tirelessly he had saved money last year to purchase a bottle for himself, now that he had finally moved out of his family's house he thought he could enjoy the bottle on new years in peace. When his dad sent the summons he had carefully poured a flask for himself to enjoy later...yet now his father held said flask in his hands.

With a wide grin Ninja Dad dangled the flask in front of his son and tapped a picture to the front of the flask before disappearing again. Flustered Saeki rushed to the flask and burned the photo and checked the contents of the flask...only to find it empty.

The sudden sound of rope snapping could be heard as a low toned laughter could be heard sending a shiver down anyone’s spine who was unfortunate enough to hear it.

(Saeki) “That’s it! That old geezers gonna get his this year! I’ll leave that old pervert hanging naked over the river!”

After a long night of drinking, a small group of men stumbled through the streets bottles still in hand. As they wandered through the alleyway singing together as they made their way home. These poor souls had become so drunk, the never noticed the laughter of the Ninja Dad closing in on them.

In a matter of moments each of the men were liberated of their alcohol and tied in various positions, all while stripped down to their underwear. Ninja Dad had used them all as shield against Saeki’s attacks and stole and drank every bit he could.

Among the men...there was one unfortunate soul whom had finished his bottle of wine. There was a price to pay for not having a sacrifice for Ninja Dad and let’s say he got….creative with the placement.

Until the break of dawn, the screams of the townsfolk echoed as the Father/Son combo indiscriminately attacked the residents. A path of carnage winded around and round, no one was safe.

(Saeki) “Ready *huff* to *huff* give up *wheeze* ya old *huff* geezer!”

Out of breath Saeki glared at his dad  who didn’t even break a sweat for the last 6 hours. With his classic grin he threw back his scarf and let out a hearty laugh.

(Ninja Dad) “Ha Hahaha! You’ve grown weak son! Shall we return to your old training regimen?”

Saeki stood there for a moment staring at his dad before he started shaking his head violently. He had recalled those hellish days when he was younger, and a shiver ran down his spine. No, not that, ANYTHING but that!

Staring each other in silence… there wasn’t a single sound, well except the sounds of peoples muffled voices. A mixture of several emotions were mixed within them, yet the father/son paid them no heed.

Readying their weapons they waited for a moment of weakness, a kink in their opponent's armor… the silence was then broken with a phone call. The phone was Ninja Dad’s, it played the theme song from Ninja Gaiden.

(Female Voice from the phone) “Dad! Mom says you two had better stop playing around and come home now. Or she’s gonna get mad~. And you better bring home my portion of today’s spoils.”

*Click*

(Saeki) “...I...heard it...We should…”

As if they were never there, the pair disappeared. The only thing that remained were the muffled cries, and a lone photograph. Of a young rubbing his face happily against a bottle of Japanese Whiskey.

0