206 – Logistics
3k 55 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Saturday, November 30. Around 7 PM JST, a few hours after the end of the karaoke session for Hana, Aoko, and Alfi.

While the girls were relaxing in Asako's room after their stream, other people were hard at work sorting out the logistics of the concert tomorrow.

Like John.

The CEO of Myth Inc. was sitting in his office, a stack of documents to his left on the desk before him while his laptop was open in front of him, filled with a half dozen windows.

Running his hand through his blonde hair, John sighed and said, "I really should have put more thought into this..."

The concert was already a big deal, but there was also sorting out the next generation, Prodigy, and getting the equipment for their streams, figuring out what those streams would be, and then arranging everything for Comiket the upcoming weekend and then the Electronics Expo the week after *that*...

Well, he couldn't complain too much. Qing was already handling the day-to-day stuff of actually getting all of the documents, filing them, and then scheduling everything. And then Bai negotiated all the deals, did the tax stuff, and made sure the girls properly got paid after handling all the copyright affairs and dealing with UTube...

All John had to do was handle the creative decisions involving the girls, just like a producer would.

But even then...

John glanced at the stack of papers. The same stack that he had been staring at for the past two hours. And then he sighed and said, "I'll deal with the expo and Comiket stuff later."

For now, John shoved the stack aside and focused on his laptop. As he did he pulled up the notes that he made for each girl of Prodigy.

First off, Yuri. As expected, her strengths were in cooking. And since what she really wanted to do in life was to get better at cooking, a good way to make both work would be for her to do cooking streams as her main content. Of course, it would be dangerous to do a normal cooking stream because knives and other reflective things could show her real identity, so John would have to make a rig to digitize the entire cooking area and ingredients... Not *too* difficult to do if he set up a place for her, but if Yuri wanted to cook somewhere else, it might be. Still, doable.

John made a sticky note to do some practice cooking streams to test things out.

Next... Chihiro. As expected... well, not completely as expected since she was a lot different from John's first impression of her. But as expected of an artist, she planned to do mostly art streams. A good part of those would be digital, using the tablets and tech that Titor created, but she said she wanted to try some calming painting and sculpting sometimes too. Which meant that John probably had to file some licenses if he wanted to set those up in the main building... Though Bai *did* buy up some more property.

John made another sticky note to scope around for nearby areas that could be used as an art studio and then moved onto the next girl.

Suzume.

Reading through her notes, John let out a sigh with mixed emotions.

...She really was similar. Similar, but different to Zhuque. Kind, sweet... a true ideal beauty, skilled at singing and dancing as well as having elegant mannerisms and speech.

Among the other members of Prodigy, Suzume was the most idol like. Meaning that it looked like her streams would be mostly dancing and singing. Since Hana was already doing that, there wasn't much John needed to set up for Suzume... especially since Bai and Qing were bending over backwards to make sure she had everything she needed.

Though considering her nature, he couldn't blame them.

Lastly... there was Shu.

All things considered... she was the least idol-like member of the group. Her singing needed work, her dancing was clumsy... but that was fine. All of that could be fixed later. The problem was... the only thing that she was really good at was fighting. Shu was diligent and worked hard, but that was definitely her main skill.

John hummed and rapped his fingers on his desk. "This isn't too much of a problem, but..."

He could see a way to make it work. After all, John could make shadow servants, and Titor had created VR headsets that were stupidly realistic. If he cleared out an area and made shadow servants that synced up with models in the virtual world while being invisible in the real world, it could make for some flashy stuff.

Maybe some sort of fight club bracket? Shu seemed knowledgeable enough, so maybe she could also be an announcer for that... A sort of battle royale or tournament arc maybe?

He'd have to think about it some more, but that seemed pretty interesting. And it would make Shu stop worrying about whether she was fit to be an idol as well...

Though now that John thought about it more, Project MirAIs really was straying from being an 'idol' company... Though maybe that was part of the charm? Girls doing their best to be an idol while also streaming their interests and hobbies on the side...

A soft chime echoed. The sound of the elevator arriving on his floor.

John blinked and looked over to see Yue walk out, carrying a small thermos in her hands.

His beloved wife was wearing a loose green maternity dress. Even then, her baby bump was clearly visible now through it. Paired with the fact that her usually tied up hair was let loose behind her, and with the warm smile on her face, she looked like the picture perfect expectant mother.

John glanced at the thermos and said, "You didn't have to bring me anything, Yue."

Yue's smile widened and she walked over, placing the thermos on John's desk. "I know. But Husband is working hard, so I wanted to do a little bit to support you."

"Just knowing you have me in your thoughts is enough, Yue... Ah, and here." John waved his hand, causing a chair to materialize beside him.

Yue walked around and sat down. And then she looked at the stack of papers and laughed. "Husband is still struggling with paperwork, I see."

John sighed and opened the thermos. "You'd think that someone like me would be able to get through it, but it's just annoying."

Reading contract arrangements, venue details, itineraries... it was definitely less complex than unraveling the fundamental principles of the universe. But it was infinitely more boring.

He shook his head and then took a sip from the drink Yue brought her.

"A-Ah." Yue looked hesitant and said, "I wasn't sure what to bring you, but some of the girls suggested that you might like some coffee. I wasn't too sure about how to use the machine though, so I'm sorry if it doesn't taste right."

John finished taking a sip and hummed.

Yue shifted in place. "Is it no good?"

"No. It's really good. It's just..."

John frowned and stared at the thermos.

Was it because Yue brought it to him? It was just generic coffee from the machine downstairs. It also didn't have anything added to it. Just plain black coffee.

But it was sweet.

John turned to look at Yue.

"W-What?"

John laughed and pulled her close. "Nothing. Just thinking about how my cute wife makes everything better."

"H-Hmph." Yue poked John in the side and said, "You shameless flirt."

"If you think I'm bad, you should see Titor around Amadeus. I swear, that guy's doing it on purpose to mess with her." John let Yue go and then turned his attention back to the laptop.

Yue rolled her eyes. "Well of course. That person is essentially an immature version of Husband." She paused. "Though who is Amadeus?"

"...Oh yeah. I don't think you two have met, huh? Well... more on that later. For now... I really have to finish this stuff." John sighed and opened the concert notes as well as the plug-ins Titor sent him to interface with the main Project MirAIs UTube page.

Yue leaned against John and stared at the laptop. Specifically, she stared at the schedule. And when she read it, she laughed. "Jenny Smith, Husband?" She turned to John and let out a teasing smile. "My. Did you have another sister that I'm unaware of?"

John blushed. "T-This is one time, okay? Alphy insisted on it... and since this is a big event, I have to make sure the girls have something to laugh at and unwind before they go on."

Yue hummed and looked at the picture there. "I don't know, Husband. You make for a surprisingly beautiful woman... Maybe you'll steal the show instead?" She paused and then said, "Should I be worried about competition from males now as well?"

"Please don't remind me."

Yue paused. And then she let out a sly smile and said, "Remind you of what, exactly, my dear husband?"

John groaned and covered his face.

Jenny Smith

 

89