287 – Prodigy Debut Finale Prep
1.8k 14 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back in the custom studio for Gen 1, the Prodigy girls sat around the table doing a quick debrief with Jenny before helping Chihiro set up for the last debut stream.

At least, that was the plan. But the moment that Yuri finished her stream, she ran over and slumped on the table, covering her head. "I can't believe I did that. It's going to be all over the internet now."

Shu patted Yuri on the shoulder and said, "Don't worry, Riri. It was cute! You should be proud!"

Yuri rubbed her face and groaned. "I didn't talk about having 'Perfect Taste.' Now everyone's going to think I'm a weirdo who can't even cook properly."

Chihiro sipped on a can of soda and scrolled through her phone. As she did, she said, "Meh. Looks like most people like the ditzy tsundere who can barely cook."

Yuri immediately straightened and slammed her hand on the table. "I am not a tsundere!"

Suzume reached over to pat Yuri's head and said, "It is fine, Riri. You should not listen to what other people have to say, even if it is accurate."

Yuri smiled at Suzume and let out a sigh of relief. "Thanks, Suzu-chan. I knew I could count on you- Wait!" Her eyes widened and she pointed at Suzume. "What do you mean, even if it's accurate!?"

Suzume leaned back and lifted her sleeve to cover her smile. "My apologies. I meant to say that it is all inaccurate."

Yuri glared at Suzume.

Jenny clapped her hands together. "Okay! Enough banter for now." She looked at Yuri and said, "You did a great job, Riri-chan~! It was a bit clumsy, but it made you super cute! I'm sure everyone's already looking forward to your next stream!"

Yuri sighed and then shook her head. "I'm not." She covered her face again and said, "I messed up cooking instant ramen. What's going to happen if I try something more complicated like curry?"

Chihiro immediately chimed in and said, "Enough content to feed clippers for a year."

Yuri blinked. "Huh?"

Chihiro waved her hand. "Don't worry about it. Though if you're that worried about cooking, why not try eating streams?"

Shu's eyes lit up and she raised her hand. "Ooh! Can I join? That sounds like a great idea!"

Suzume nodded. "Indeed. Riri's cooking is lovely, so any chance to eat with her would be appreciated."

Yuri frowned. "Why would I eat streams?"

Chihiro rolled her eyes and she said, "Not eating streams. Are you trying to be the typical air-headed tsundere...? I meant streams where all you do is eat. Sheesh."

Yuri's frown deepened and she glared at Chihiro. "Stop calling me a tsundere! I'm not! Idiot!"

Chihiro gave Yuri a blank look.

Shu bit her cheek and looked away from Yuri.

Suzume covered her mouth again with her sleeve, hiding her smile.

Yuri noticed the reactions from the other girls and slammed her hand on the table. "I'm not!"

Jenny giggled and said, "Yes, yes. You're not a tsundere, Riri-chan~ You're just super cute."

Yuri's face turned red and she pointed at Jenny. "S-Stop that! It's weird! Don't compliment me! Stupid! Weirdo!"

Chihiro sipped on her soda. "Aaand Riri's short-circuited and turned into a typical tsundere again." She looked at Yuri and said, "You should go cool off. And take some Xanax."

"I'm not-!" Yuri took a deep breath and stood up. "You know what? Fine. I'll go take a break." She grumbled and walked over to the changing rooms. When she got there, she turned back and pointed at the group. "I'm taking a nice and long warm shower. Don't bother me!" With that said, she opened the door and slammed it shut.

Shu glanced at the changing rooms and said, "Did... Riri forget that she didn't bring another change of clothes with her? The only ones left there are the idol outfits, right?"

Suzume shook her head. "It appears that I may need to rehearse my blessings and sutras for good luck. Riri seems to run into quite a great deal of misfortune..."

Jenny waved her hand. "It's fine, Suzu-chan. Riri-chan has some tough luck, but she's a strong woman. She can handle a bit of heat. If not, she wouldn't spend so much time in the kitchen, right? Teehee."

Chihiro finished her soda and then glanced at Jenny. "You're not very punny."

"But I'm cute!" Jenny winked and then stuck her tongue out.

"...Can't deny that." Chihiro shook her head and then stood up to stretch.

Shu looked at Chihiro and said, "Are you going to get your studio ready, Chi-chan?"

Chihiro glanced at her phone. "Mm. Since Riri ran away from her stream like a coward, there's still a bit of time, Senpai." She slipped her phone back in her bag and then laced her fingers together, reaching up to stretch. After that, she nodded and said, "But you're right. I should learn from Riri and have everything prepared beforehand so things aren't rushed later. Right, Droni?"

*beep*

The camera drone flew over and hovered above the table.

Shu glanced at it and looked nervous. "Um. Droni isn't streaming us right now, is he?"

*beep!*

Droni trembled, the shutter on the lense rapidly closing as if it was mad.

Shu held up her hands and said, "Sorry! But... You aren't recording, right?"

*beep.*

Droni spun around a few times and then flew towards Suzume.

The former shrine maiden cradled the camera drone in her arms and laughed. "Even you possess emotions, do you?"

*beep! beep beep!*

Chihiro stared at Droni and frowned.

The camera drone spun its camera around to look at Chihiro as well and beeped.

Chihiro tilted her head and said, "...You aren't going to suddenly gain a humanoid form and seek the Everspark, are you?"

*beep?*

"No? Then are you here on a mission to look for Sara Canner?"

Jenny giggled and said, "Relax, Chi-chan." She looked at Droni and said, "This little guy is much cuter than those two. And he's a good boy. Aren't you, Droni?"

*beep~*

Suzume smiled and patted the top of Droni's camera.

Shu nodded. "As expected. Mister John's technology is amazing."

Chihiro shrugged. "As long as the goal is still to take over the world with cute anime girls, I'm game. Now, could you come over here, Droni? I want you to get some specific angles for my stream."

*beep!*

Droni flew out of Suzume's arms and started following Chihiro.

After that, the two of them started setting things up in Chihiro's studio.

Suzume shook her head and then said, "It is amazing how much Droni learned in a few hours."

Jenny shrugged. "It's not very surprising. Considering how much hope is being created here and all the good will sent this way, it's only natural that a pure spirit like that would be born, right?"

"Eh?" Shu blinked and said, "Droni has a spirit? It's alive?"

Jenny giggled and said, "You have the cutest reactions, Shu-chan." She paused. "Shu-chan? That's not very cute... Ah! Got it!" She pointed at Shu and said, "Shushu!"

"Sh-Shushu?" Shu blinked.

"Too much?" Jenny frowned. "I guess it's not very cute either. Shuba? No, that won't work. That guy would get really mad for causing all of the legal trouble."

Shu blinked again and said, "Um, Miss Jenny? You're not making any sense."

Jenny nodded. "Of course not. I make dollars."

Suzume giggled.

Jenny giggled as well.

Shu looked at the two and then said, "I don't get it."

Jenny waved her hand. "It's fine, Shu... Shuey? Shoey? Shuwu?" She tapped her index finger on her chin and then sighed. "Nope. I guess it'll have to just be Shu." She looked over at Shu and said, "What kind of stuck-up person names a girl 'Shu' anyway?"

Shu shrugged. "I think it's fine."

Jenny paused and then giggled. "Well. I guess that's your charm. Shu is both cool and cute."

"C-Cool?" Shu's ears turned red and she scratched her cheek. "I-I'm not that cool..."

Suzume clasped her hands together and said, "But you were! Fighting so many opponents and showing off such masterful skills... Yes, I think that Shu was very cool!"

Shu's face turned red. "W-Well... Y-Your dance was very beautiful, Suzu-chan. And you were really pretty dancing too."

"Was I?" Suzume's eyes lit up and she let out a bright smile. "Wonderful! Then I will have to work even harder to impress you in the future!"

Chihiro cleared her throat. Sending a cold stare at Shu and Suzume, Chihiro said, "I appreciate the wholesome yuri developments, but I'm trying to think of what to do for my stream so could you not?" She paused. "Unless you want me to draw you two getting it on? Because I can if you want."

"Wha-" Shu turned a deep red and her eyes started spinning.

Suzume turned red as well and started fidgeting in her seat. "T-T-That is not the case! C-Chi-chan! You meanie!"

"What?" Chihiro looked at Suzume and Shu and said, "I give you a month."

Jenny giggled and said, "As much fun as shipping the girls are, Chi-chan, could you save that for tomorrow?"

"Oh." Chihiro nodded. "Good point." Her eyes lit up, flashing with inspiration. As they did, she gave Suzume and Shu a once-over before nodding. "Tomorrow will be fun."

Shu blinked. "What's happening tomorrow?"

"Ah!" Suzume clapped her hands and said, "The hot spring trip!"

Jenny nodded. "That's right~! Now, let's finish off strong so we can celebrate tomorrow, girls! ...And tease Riri a bit more where it's hot and steamy!"

"I HEARD THAT!" Yuri yelled from the changing rooms and said, "YOU ARE NOT TOUCHING ME!"

Droni spun to look at Chihiro. *beep?*

Chihiro shrugged. "Beats me, Droni. Yuri's got more screws loose than you have in your little body."

*...beep.*

"Anyway... Back to paint mixing." Chihiro picked up her pallet and some oil paints. "I think Balling Blue was good, but I need an orange. Naked Wet Ginger? Yeah, that'll work..."

55