CHAPTER-24
182 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Usually, merchants caravan would travel during the day time. But the caravan that Kratos will use to travel is different from the other caravan. This was because of the presence of the royal army of the Dong Feng country.

There was a garrison of the royal army near the Gegen city. It was because Gegen city is located near the beast forest. Because of that, it is a good business hub as well as is prone to beast tide from time to time. So to aid the city when in time of peril a garrison is always present near there. Every week a platoon of the soldiers would travel from Gegen city to Ganj city for supplies.

Seeing that, merchants started to travel behind the platoon. With this their safety would be ensured as well as they wouldn't have to pay the fees for the mercenary. Thus started the night Caravan of the Gegen city. And Kratos was thinking to travel with this caravan.

At night Kratos appeared near the Gegen city gate. It was already crowded with merchants as well as travelers. After getting there Kratos recognized his mistake. He forgot to buy a horse for himself. He then started looking around for any horse sellers nearby. He looked around only to find that there was a horse seller around whose price was outrageously high. With a tight budget, Kratos decided that he would travel by foot.

Usually the commoners or poor travel by foot in the cultivation world. But as Kratos didn't have a lot of money at the moment he didn't buy the horse. And who knows maybe it would be beneficial for him. As Kratos was thinking a man from behind approached him…

"Hey you, baldy." the man said.

Kratos was enraged. He wanted to punch whoever it was that called him baldy. He turned around to find a short fat man standing beside a horse. On the horse, a young man in his early 20s was mounted. Kratos recognized the short fat man. He was the one that was selling the horses at outrageously high prices.

"Do you want a porter job for this young master?" the short fat man said.

Kratos wanted to smack that man on his face, but he stopped when he saw the face of the young man. The face of the young man was distorted, like a glitch in a video game. Then it became intact again. Then after 5 sec, it distorted again and then again became intact…

'What the fuck is wrong with that man's face? It is distorting like that. Yet no one around is noticing it? Maybe it is an illusion?....' Kratos thought.

"So will you do it?" the fat man said again.

"Of course it would be a pleasure to serve the young master," Kratos said with a smile.

The young man had recruited 3 people more including Kratos. They all had to carry heavy baskets made of jute from Gegen city to Ganj city. While the servants would carry the basket the young master would travel via horse. It was a very crude way of traveling but this is how society worked in the cultivation world.

But Kratos was curious about that man's identity. So he used the one skill that he had not used yet. That was the appraisal. With that Kratos focused on the man said appraisal….

[Name-Chu Yuechan

Cultivation-Spirit King, 4th level

Age-18

Cultivation Technique- Divine Snow Lotus

Description-Currently wearing an artifact called the face-changing mask.]

Seeing the information in front of him, Kratos became curious. A woman posing as a man was not a difficult thing to imagine. But the thing that caught the eye of Kratos was the cultivation level of the girl in front of him. It said that she has a cultivation level of a spirit King level 4. This was the first time that Kratos had learned the names of a cultivation realm. He didn't know that if the Spirit King was high level or not. But Kratos didn't felt any threat from the girl.

Normally, Kratos had this sixth sense that told him that if the beast in front of him was a strong opponent or not. Or if he should feel threatened by someone or not. The girl in front of him was not giving any alarming feeling. So he concluded that maybe she is not a threat. Thus begin the long journey of the caravan from the Gegen city to Ganj city…

............

CREEPY.

That is the word that could be used to describe the bald man that Chu Yuechan hired. She had to say that man's body is very robust. And if she overlooks the pale greyish-white color of that man's skin, he is a handsome man. But his stare is very creepy. His eyes looked like he could see through her illusion.

She was sure that there is no way in hell that he could see through her illusion. That face-changing mask that she was using was a very high-level artifact given to her by the Sect Master of Azure Dragon sect to complete a mission. According to her mission, she had to retrieve an item that that Sect's master friend had left behind. She retrieved the item and was on her way back.

But retrieving the item was no joke. She had to say an intricate code that Sect Master had instructed her to say. It was so embarrassing that she wanted to commit suicide just after saying that. But she retrieved the item.

2 days later, at night.

The caravan was resting. While the 3 hired porters made a tent for Chu Yuechan, she was resting under a tree. Then she felt that someone was behind the tree. She looked back and saw that a bald man was sitting beside the tree with her.

"Arent you going to help them?" She asked Kratos.

"No. They received my help when I handled their jute basket for a few hours on the road. Now it is my time for rest."

"Ohh… Well, you can lift pretty heavyweight for a mortal." Chu Yuechan commented. She had seen him at work. She in fact was very impressed by the strength displayed by him.

"Of course. As a warrior, it would be shameful for me if I wasn't able to lift this much." After listening to that Chu Yuechan thought that maybe Kratos was trying to demean her by telling her that he is stronger than her because of his muscles.

"Oh, so you are a warrior?"

"Yes."

"Why don't you show me your skills?"

..............................................................................

Hey Guys,

Check out my latest project, IVAN-The TERRIBLE NoW!!!!!!!!

6