Chapter 1 – A Wolf is Born
119 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
FYI this isn't an isekai so we start at the beginning when I get to the main characters coming of age chapter Ill list it here (Chapter 5) so that everyone who doesn't like this slowish start can skip it. I am starting in a third person perspective and as the main character ages I'll shift to first person.

Year - 1365

Month - Janu

Date – 18th

During a full moon in the unimportant but not poor Barony of Lunataris in its capital of Lunatar the new heir is being born to loving parents. He is named Jack Luna.

Meanwhile in the very rich Barony of Silka in its capital Silka another girl is being born this makes six without a male heir. As this barony only has six Arachne and doesn’t have the ability to have more for at least 18 years. No noble would ever see one of their children not bound to the best that they can produce.

Her parents had bet the Luna family whom they look down upon for their unimportance. That if the Silk family had another girl and the Luna’s had an heir of their first try that their girl would be betrothed to that heir and would have one of their dirty dogs as her Oathed Beast.

This girl’s childhood would be hell as from birth she wouldn’t be a part of the family. This was the start of Erin Silk’s life before Jack.

Jack’s father without knowing just felt that he had won, and his son would have the best wife that was available for Jack. He also remembered the set of twin Anubis that was born a week before this meant that Jack and his bride could grow up with their Oathed and have a stronger bound with them just as he had as it was the family’s way.

 

Three Years Later - 1367

 

On Jack’s 3rd birthday his parents gave him his own puppy to help take care of. He has spent most of his free time with the Anubis twins over the past year. This was also when he met Erin for the first time.

That year Erin was also given a dog by Jack’s parents she cherished it as it was her first gift, she had gotten from someone who didn’t scold her at every chance. When she got back to Silka her sisters bullied her constantly saying that she should live outside like the good little mutt she was.

She never let it show that she was bothered by this as she had come to realize that this wouldn’t be her home forever.

 

Seven Years Later - 1374

 

Jack’s 10th birthday is almost here, and he is playing with the twins worrying why Erin hadn’t gotten here yet as they had always spent their birthdays together. It was at that moment that Jack saw Erin’s carriage coming along with more then usual following it.

When she got out, she immediately ran towards Jack, she had so much to tell him that she was now staying with him permanently, that she was to be his wife and that her bounded beast would be one of the twins.

Jack was so happy to hear this. The thing that he was still too young to realize was that he had come to love Erin through her visits.

 

A Year and Half Later - 1375

 

Jack and Erin were playing in the forest with the twins. This was not dangerous as they had the twins with them even if they were still juveniles, they could easily destroy most things left in the forest as Jack’s parents worked tirelessly to keep the forest clear of threats so that they could play in it.

They heard a commotion, so they naturally went to check it out what they found was hard to believe an adult Hellhound that didn’t compare quite right with the hellhounds Jack knew fighting an adult Arachne that also didn’t look right according to Erin.

Then if by magic they both looked at the group and said “we see that you have the means to take care of those two” as the pointed at the twins “could you please look after our daughters as they will eventually kill one another for this territory” they continued.

Jack and Erin looked at each other then at the twins then responded with “of course.”

The two monsters then responded with “I’ll be right back.”

When they returned the daughters could be heard saying “but why do I have to go with those humans and her” and in unison the mothers responded, “because it’s the only way I’ll know you will survive as it you fight her you will kill each other, and they said that they will care for you.” Pointing at Jack’s group.

When they got home Jack’s parents freaked out because they knew what they had just found. A variant of the hellhounds called a Cerberus, and a variant of an Arachne called a Jorou-Gumo.

3