Chapter 4 – The Day Of
95 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next chapter skips right over the wedding and starts with the binding ritual (I haven't decided what vibe I want the wedding to give. The good news is this mean that the next chapter is R-18 and the Beasts(Twins, Cerberus, Jorou-Gumo and the Shadows) get names soon)

Year - 1382

Month - Janu

Date – 18th

Waking up on my wedding day I was so excited. I felt as if I now had the whole world ahead of me. When I made it down to have breakfast with everyone there was a nervous tension in the air coming from my parents.

I sat down and asked them “what’s with that look? This is supposed to be a happy day, right?”

“It is” they responded, “but we are worried that someone might take this opportunity to drag you into the world of noble intrigue.”

I thought about what they said for a second then said, “I’ll tell them that at this time it is inappropriate for me to entertain any of those ideas.”

Erin then giggled at my naivete and said “if this were a normal barony then that would work but we are one of the four remaining baronies that are direct vassals to the king. Therefore, the smarter nobles see these four houses as the key to controlling the kingdom, as to decline advancement in peerage means that you are more powerful than the king.”

“But that’s not true right? Its because we have never wanted to have vassals because they are a pain to control” I said.

“You’re not wrong. But who supplies most of the beasts for the armies and personal guards?” my father asked.

Understanding dawned on me my family controlled everyone in the kingdoms ability to fight “so we could stop supplying the king in the middle of a war and he would loose” I said.

“Essentially” father told me.

“Just how powerful are we” I muttered.

“Not powerful enough master” Erin whispered in my ear. The she said aloud “come husband we have a few things to discuss before the wedding” and with that she left in the direction of our room.

I followed not long after.

When I got to my room, she was sitting on the bed waiting, entering the room after closing the door I asked, “so what are we talking about?”

“come sit” she responded while motioning beside her.

I sat down beside her, and she wrapped me up in a hug and said, “we need to decide who’s bonding to whom.”

I nodded and said, “I assumed that you would bond with the Jorou-Gumo and one of the twins.”

She shook her head and said, “I think that because you have unlimited bonds you should be bonded to the twins, Cerberus, and the shadows.”

“Only wanting the one bond I understand but how are going to hide my bond limit if they are quite clearly mine.” I responded.

In the most calm and serious voice she said, “That’s easy bind me to you first so they don’t see it as a betrayal to you as they are just pretending with their first bound sister to be mine.”

“So, this is what you’ve meant all these years of calling yourself my property and such. You’ve been planning this for a long time, haven’t you?” I asked. “Don’t you know that it is forbidden for me to bind you” I continued.

“Well, if you don’t tell I wont” she retorted. “And besides think of the benefit we could talk to each other through the bond instantly no matter where we are. Furthermore, I wouldn’t make this offer to just anyone, I have known you my whole life and I would thusly only make this offer to my dear husband” she added slightly annoyed.

After a moment of silent contemplation, I had made my decision I went to open my mouth, but she put a finger over it and said, “I knew you would come to the right decision, nobody would ever say no to a girl like me pledging to be their servant for life. Wish we could cancel the wedding as a mere servant such as myself could never hold the title of first wife.”

With that I had enough and said, “I order you as your master to be my first wife and act accordingly in all situations that demand it.”

“As you command master” she said meekly with an aroused shudder. “When shall we do the ritual to make this official? Master” she asked.

“When we retire after our marriage. All the other bonds will be done tomorrow when we wake up so prepare the supplies” I said.

“Yes master” she said this time with more energy. “Oh, and your mother wanted me to tell you to see her after we were done” Erin added letting me out of the hug.

I left the room after kissing Erin on the forehead and headed to see my mother.

When I found her, she said she had a package for me. She proceeded to pull out an ornate wooden box. She gave it to me and told me to open it, so I did. I then pulled out braided black leather collar with a metal ring centered on the front with a moonstone embedded on each side.

“It’s beautiful” I said, “but what’s it for?” I asked.

“It’s the proof of your wife being bounded of course” she said.

“She told you” I said surprised.

“Yes, that’s what she spent most of her time doing these past months. Convincing me that it was a good idea and to my sadness she already learned most of what I was going to teach her as proof of her dedication to you” mother explained. “After all that couldn’t say no too her, so don’t get caught by anyone ok” she added.

“Isn’t it obvious with it being a collar” I said confused.

“The bond makes the collar magical you know” my mother said shaking her head. “It can be willed to move around the body it is secured to or made imperceptible to most, but Erin’s solution is to have it rest on her wrist and use the ring for her string connected to her sword. Any magic that is detected can be explained as an enchantment on it.”

“Thank you, mother,” I said graciously putting it back in the ornate box. “I suppose I should go eat a light lunch and get ready for my wedding” I said backing out of the room.

Do you like the main characters So far and the roles that have been hinted at?
  • Jack-Good Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Jack-Bad Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Erin-Good Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Erin-bad Votes: 1 25.0%
  • The Beasts(Twins, Cerberus, Jorou-Gumo and the Shadows) have natural roles Votes: 4 100.0%
  • The Beasts roles suck Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 4
3