Chapter 23- Where’d He Go?
390 7 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Midtown, Manhattan 
  
While Rica ate brunch with Jun-Seo, Bling’s job was to tail Ko and tell Rica where he went. That’s until he lost Ko in midtown. 
  
“But I just seen the motherfucker!” Bling yelled on the phone to Ian while he drove around the crowded streets searching for the teen mechanic. 
  
“You lost him cause you suck, bro!” Ian teased on the other line, “But listen up though. The Jeep that Ko drives used to belong to Lewis in our crew, so it still has the GPS tracking installed.” 
  
“Word? That’s wassup! Send it to my phone,” said Bling. 
  
“I already did.” 
  
“Cool, yo!” Bling eyed his phone notifications, “Oh, I see it. It opened my maps, and yo Ko’s right around the corner from me!” 
  
“Good! And little boss is still eating with that Korean dude. But she said don’t lose Ko again you punk! Hahahaha!” Ian taunted. 
  
“Shut up, E!” Bling squinted at the phone. “As a matter of fact, I’m hangin up on you!” 
  
“What? You so-” Click!  
  
Bling hung up on Ian with a smirk, “Clown ass motherfucker!” 
  
According to the phone’s GPS, Ko stopped his Jeep near a loading area opposite the parking lot of a night club. Bling recognized the building. 
  
“Club Dacia? Why would Ko be around here?” He muttered to himself before spotting the Jeep parked on the block. Bling didn’t want Ko to discover him and take off again, so he pulled behind a corner to watch the vehicle. 
  
After a few minutes Ko emerged from between buildings and entered the parked Jeep from the passenger door. Bling spotted him, but he noticed Ko’s face and head were almost completely covered in black as the teen started the Jeep and drove slowly around the block. Bling followed him, and as he inched closer he watched Ko pull into an indoor parking lot behind the Dacia night club. 
  
“You ain’t losin me again, bruh!” said Bling as he turned into the lot. But when he drove further inside Ko and his Jeep disappeared again. 
  
“What the hell?” Bling mouthed in disbelief, continuing to descend underground. “Yo, I seen you drive down here, bruh. Where did you-” 
  
Reflex.. 
  
A crowbar suddenly smashed Bling’s driver’s side window. On reflex he reached for his gun on the floor, but wasn’t fast enough. For when the crowbar burst through, the big man wielding it hooked the tool onto Blings coat, yanking him backwards and forcing him to smash the vehicle brakes. “Shit!” Bling shouted, grabbing at the crowbar while halting the vehicle. 
  
But before he could pull away from the iron weapon, another man forced his way into the passenger side, pressing a gun to Bling’s head. “Get the fuck out!” the gunman yelled, cocking the pistol hammer. 
  
Bling eyed his own weapon on the truck floor, but played safe. He put his hands up as the gunman shut the vehicle off, taking the keys. On the driver’s side, the man with the crowbar forced Bling out of the seat. “Alright, I’m gettin out!” he growled at the big man, and cooperated. 
  
Nah, That’s a bold face lie.
  
As soon as the big man took one step back, Bling spun and cracked the dude’s nose with a hard right fist, bloodying him on the spot. He then grabbed the crowbar and yoked the guy around his neck from behind before yelling, “I’ll snap his-” 
  
The gunman leapt out of the truck and fired at Bling’s head without regard to his own partner. 
  
“Oh-” Bling ducked behind the big man to use him as a shield, and it worked.
  
The gunman in the truck shot his own partner in the chest, “Gaah!” The big man shouted but knocked Bling away from him. And as Bling fell backward the thought hit him: 
  
Yo, that dude just shot his own partner to get to me, that’s gangsta!
  
Bling hit the ground with a thud, but the expected shot from the gunman never came his way. Instead he figured out why Rica liked this Korean kid so much. For Ko emerged from nowhere and stabbed the gunman by the truck with a long bladed bayonet. But he attacked so fast that Bling couldn’t comprehend how Ko disarmed and knifed the gunman in his leg, stomach, and shoulder in one blurred motion!

Good god, he moves just like little boss! Still advancing, Ko spun, pulled a nine millimeter, and fired a shot over Bling’s shoulder. 
  
“Yo!” Bling yelped as the bullet whizzed past his face and struck the hand of yet a third man behind him running toward the scene. 
  
Whoa, where’d he come from? Not messing around Bling scooped up the dropped gun as the man grasped his injured hand. And as Bling turned around to assess the situation, Ko ran past him, leapt up, and landed a flying knee to the face of the gunman he just shot. Damn near cracking the dude’s jaw. 
  
“Aaarrrh!” the man cried while grasping his own face with his injured hand. But Ko grabbed him by his collar and promptly punched him in his mouth, dropping the man flat on the ground. 
  
While Ko tortured the one guy, Bling ran to his truck and retrieved his pistol. Afterwards he turned to find Ko threatening the third man in Korean. Come to think of it, all of these men were Asian or Korean, Bling thought. 
  
Ko must know these guys. Bling glanced at the stabbed and shot men on the ground. He must hate them! 
  
The Kims 
  
Ko knew the parking lot wasn’t under camera surveillance since the big man he shot in the hand, Chul, and the rest of these Kim clan soldiers, laid this poorly executed trap for him in this dungeon. But time was a factor, and Ko came here for one reason only. 
  
“Where’s Gun Kae?” Ko shouted in Korean at the leader of the three, Chul. 
  
“Fuck you!” Chul snarled. Bad move, Ko stabbed him in the gut with the bayonet, “Aaaah! he’s in the car, graaah!” Chul cried. Now bleeding out from a fresh stomach wound, he threw a set of car keys on the ground. 
  
“Thank you,’’ said Ko as he picked up the Keys and pressed the alarm button. A parked car lit up in response. Ko nodded and turned to Bling who covered the other two bleeding men with a gun in his hand, “You, watch them!” 
  
“I what? Yo, homey, hold up!” Bling yelled at Ko. 
  
But Ko ignored him and ran toward the blinking Car. Once at the vehicle he opened the trunk and found a bloody and bruised Gun Kae tied up inside. The Kim’s had beaten him to a pulp. 
  
“Gun?” Ko reached and helped the Han soldier lift himself up. 
  
“Aaaah!” Gun cried as Ko helped him out of the trunk and on to his feet. Once he stood up he spoke, “Ko, I’m sorry! They-” 
  
“Don’t talk, let’s get you out of here first.” 
  
“Aaah!” Gun Kae moaned as he gingerly walked toward the Kim goons lying bloodied on the dark parking lot ground. And as he reached the man called Chul, Gun stared at him, and then hauled back and kicked Chul so hard in the jaw he knocked him clean out, along with a few of his teeth. “You think it’s over?” Gun shouted in Korean. He then knelt down to Chul’s lifeless body and rummaged through his pockets, retrieving a phone. 
  
Ko promptly took the phone from Gun while pulling him away from Chul’s body, for fear that Gun might kill him. Ko then turned to Bling, “Hey man, I’m sorry I used you as bait.” 
  
“Bait? To hell with you, man!” Bling backed up with a dirty look. 
  
Ko grinned, “For what it’s worth, I wouldn't have let them kill you,” he said, then dialed a number on Chul’s phone.   
  
Syrup 
  
Across town Jun-Seo continued his meeting with Rica Reyes. While finishing their meal he wrapped things up.  “I think, Ms. Rica, that your boss Tara will not only find my proposal reasonable, but one she won’t refuse,” he said. 
  
Rica smirked while drowning her pancake in a puddle of syrup. “I dare say modesty is not your strength, Jun-Seo.” 
  
He smirked. “No, Rica, strength itself is my strength.” He answered while staring at Rica’s dark lipstick, and curled bangs. But his expression grew callous as he glanced at her men, before his phone buzzed. 
  
“You are a pretty one, Ms. Ri- hello?” Jun-Seo greeted, but no one responded. He gaped at his phone, concerned. “Chul, are you there? Hello?” he asked in Korean. More silence, until a voice responded in Korean, “You’re dead.” Click! 
  
“Who’s this?” Jun-Seo whispered, but the voice hung up. He tried to play cool by calmly placing the phone down, but when he looked up at Rica her cold blooded smile mocked him.

“Was that call important?” she asked. 
  
He grinned, “Not at all.” 
  
"I see." She covered her mouth with a napkin, as if holding back a laugh. She then stood up as one of her men held her coat out for her. “Thank you for brunch, Mr. Kim. But I think we’ve said all we needed to say at this meeting, and I will absolutely present your offer to my boss, heh!” 
  
Jun-Seo gripped his fork, he wanted to rage at this little girl for laughing at him, but thought better of it. “Ms. Rica?” 
  
“Yes?” 
  
“When he’s no longer there for you, what will you do then?” 
  
“Hmm?” Rica smirked as her men surrounded her. “Not only do I not know what you’re talking about. But more importantly that question proves to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that you truly have no idea who I am, do you, Mr. Kim?” 
  
Jun-Seo held back a snarl, then smiled, “I’m sure we’ll cross paths again, Ms. Rica.” 
  
“Perhaps, but I promise you Mr. Kim." She glared at him, "You really don’t want that to happen.” 
  
“Well.” His smile faded, “You speak in such absolutes.” 
  
“Yes, I do. Like right now.” She turned to one of her men. “Chris, can you be a dear and purchase some of that ginger peach black tea at the register for me,” she purred and turned to Jun-Seo, “I know someone who’d absolutely enjoy a cup that I’ll personally brew, hee!” 

..

10