Chapter 25- The Queen, The Prince, and Donna Too
415 9 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Club Masters, Midnight Sunday. 
  
While Ko and Rica enjoyed tea at home, Donna worked her first night as a coat check girl at club Masters. An upscale gentlemen’s club where male patrons were allowed entrance by purchasing a four hundred dollar bottle of top shelf liquor. With their purchase the patrons could then dance, drink with, and talk to the pretty young Korean club hostesses. 
  
Donna Park, wearing a short white skirt with her brown hair down, got the hang of working the coat check. By midnight she’d already earned two hundred dollars in tips. 
  
“Wow, I didn’t know I could make this much money!” Donna said to her teenage supervisor, Suzy. 
  
“Two hundred is nothing,” Suzy replied whipping her short bob hair. “The girls on the floor on Saturday easily make a thousand dollars.” 
  
“A thousand? Cool!” 
  
Donna observed the twenty or so pretty young girls working in the dim lit venue. Each girl either danced, drank with, or entertained the mostly Asian male clientele. “But I don’t think I could ever do that kind of work.” 
  
“What do you mean, that kind of work? We’re not prostitutes!” Suzy fired back. “We just dance with the customers and get tips.” 
  
Donna backed off, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to offend you, but-” She lowered her voice, “Someone told me not to show up tonight and just forget about this job.” 
  
“Who told you that, your jealous boyfriend?” Suzy asked, adjusting her own short blue mini skirt. 
  
“Eh?” Donna blushed, “No, he’s not my boyfriend. Actually I don’t have a boyfriend.” 
  
“You don’t? Then why would you listen to him if he’s not your man?” Suzy squinted, “Unless you like him.” 
  
“No, no, it’s not like that. He’s my friend’s boyfriend and-” 
  
“And he’s giving you advice because you’re sleeping with him behind her back, hee hee!” Suzy teased. 
  
“Oh my, you’re so bad! haha!” 
  
Donna laughed, but Suzy persisted, “So are your friends Korean?” 
  
“Well, my girlfriend is Mexican-American but her boyfriend is Korean,” said Donna. “They’re names are Rica and Ko.” 
  
“Ko?” Suzy tilted her head, “What a strange name.” 
  
“Yeah, well he’s a Busan boy, you know how they are!” Donna said with a smirk. 
  
“Oh yeah, I know all about those guys!” Suzy winked, “But listen don’t quit on your first night, that’s disrespectful to this club since they gave you a chance!” 
  
“I know.” Donna looked away and counted her tip share again. She now had two hundred forty dollars. “Don’t worry, I don’t think I’m going to quit toni-” 
  
“Why would you ever quit?” a stern male voice asked. “When I’m the one that actually hired you.” 
  
“Eh?” 
  
Donna spun around and gazed at a handsome young Korean man entering the venue with two big guys behind him. The man eyed Donna while greeting Suzy with a kiss on her lips. Suzy smiled all giddy before introducing the man, “Donna, this is the owner of club Masters, Jun-Seo Kim.” 
  
“Nice to meet you Donna. And yes, I approved your hire,” Jun-Seo said staring at her with a smile. 
  
“O-Oh, I wasn’t aware,” she answered with her head down, “I thought the manager-” 
  
“Nah, he does what I tell him. But anyway how’s your first night? Make any money?” he kindly asked, and Donna responded to his friendliness. 
  
“Yes, I made two forty!” She smiled at Jun-Seo. 
  
“Really?” He smiled back, “A pretty girl like you and that’s all you made?” 
  
Donna’s smile dropped to an embarrassed frown. “Um, I-” 
  
“I’m just kidding, here!” He smiled and placed a one hundred dollar bill in the coat check tip jar. “That should motivate you!” 
  
She covered her mouth, “Mr. Kim, thank you!” 
  
“No worries! And no more talk about quitting, ok?” He winked at her and motioned to Suzy, “Come here baby, let me talk to you.” 
  
Suzy ran toward Jun-Seo purring like a kitten. “Yeah, baby?” 
  
“Watch the floor tonight, I gotta go uptown and handle something.” 
  
As Jun-Seo spoke he kept his eye on Donna. But Donna quickly turned away from the both of them, not wanting to make trouble since Suzy was obviously Jun-Seo’s girl. 
  
I’m new here. I’d better not ruffle any feathers. But before she could hide in the coat check her new boss spoke again. 
  
“Donna? You from Seoul, right?” Jun-Seo asked. 
  
“Yes, I was born there,” she answered. 
  
“Of course you were! And you have a good night, ok?” He nodded walking into the club with his two big men behind him. 
  
“Thank you, and thanks for the tip!” Donna answered politely while Suzy glared at her. 
 

Two am, Woodlawn Cemetery, The North Bronx 
  
Although born in Hong Kong, Bad Tara and her baby sister Kitty were both raised in the North Bronx, New York City. It’s where their adoptive father brought them up in their family business, racketeering. And only in the darkness of the four hundred acre, Woodlawn Cemetery in the North Bronx, would the sisters choose to meet with a man they considered an enemy. 
  
“Tara, why are we even talking to this guy, he’s a liar!” Kitty grumbled in the back seat of a black Cadillac SUV as the sisters rolled into the cemetery gate. 
  
“Ai-yaa, how do you know, Kitty-kat?” Tara asked while glancing ahead at one of the two trucks full of her men escorting her vehicle. “I mean if this dude is jumping through hoops to meet with me then I’m inclined to at least hear him out.” 
  
Kitty shook her head, “Oh please, this Jun-Seo Kim guy is antsy because Rica’s boyfriend pushed his buttons this morning, is all.” 
  
“Yeah, so what’s that story anyway?” Tara asked after hearing the events in passing. “The boys told me the Kims kidnapped a Han soldier and Ko rescued him with Bling in a parking lot?” 
  
“Something like that,” Kitty answered. “Either way, after Rica ate brunch with this Jun-Seo guy, his people called us later saying they had what we wanted.” 
  
“Yeah?” Tara answered as her three truck entourage rolled through the large, dark, cemetery grounds. “Let’s see if it’s true.” 
  
While the sisters discussed the man they’d soon meet, their vehicles parked near a garage sized altar. At the same time they arrived, two black sedans rolled in from the opposite direction. Tara’s ten bodyguards hopped out of their trucks, each man armed with a MAC-10 sub automatic machine gun. 
  
“Yo, stop right there! You close enough!” shouted the leader of Tara’s guards as he halted the approaching black sedans. A moment afterward seven armed Korean men stepped out of the vehicles. In front stood their leader, Jun-Seo Kim. 
  
Kitty and Tara glared at him as they exited their truck and walked toward the crowd. Jun-Seo acknowledged them both. 
  
“Well, if it isn’t the Queen of New York, Ms. Bad Tara herself, and her lovely sister Kitty. I’m humbled you chose to meet with me tonight, and-” He bowed, “I’m awed by both of your beauty.” 
  
“Eh?” Tara looked around, “Yeah, Kitty is gorgeous. But If you’re saying I’m beautiful then you’re just tryna flatter me my man! Now enough bull, let’s get to it. You brought us the fuck out here in the middle of the night for a reason, so tell me what you got for me!” she barked.  
  
“Ah!” Jun-Seo smiled in the vehicle headlights, “Ms. Tara, you know after I met with your emissary this morning, Rica, she made me realized talk is cheap. So I’m not going to tell you what I have for you.” He gestured to one of his boys, “No, I’m going to show you what I have for you!” 
  
Tara and Kitty both squinted as one of Jun-Seo’s men drove a black sedan between the crowd. The driver then popped the trunk as Tara’s lead guard peeked inside. “Holy shit!” The guard looked at Tara, “Boss, you gotta see this!” 
  
“Hmm!” Tara walked over to the trunk. And as she looked inside a sinister grin spread across her face, “Well, well, I guess you ain’t so bad no more, are you?” she growled while staring into the eyes of the Turkish boss Ahmed, tied up head to toe in the trunk. And as soon as the powerless Ahmed saw Tara, sweat and fear gripped his face. 
  
“Bad Tara? Be reasonable!” Ahmed barked as he stared back at Tara from the trunk of the car. 
  
“Reasonable? Hahahahaha!” Tara and her crew thundered with laughter, “Yo, didn’t you call me, what was the word, oh, a slant cunt?” And when she spoke her men roared in anger. 
  
“Yo Boss, take him out the trunk, we’ll flay him right now!” 
  
“Tara, no!” Ahmed cried 
  
But the queen boss smiled, “Ai-yaa, do you hear that, Ahmed? Tsk tsk, seems like you in a real bad situation, all tied up and shit!” 
  
Ahmed frantically looked over at Jun-Seo, the man who betrayed him, “Tara, listen to me, that man is a liar-” 
  
“Maybe he is, but he didn’t lie about getting you, did he?” 
  
“But-” 
  
“Ahmed!” Tara cut him off, “I told you me and you were going to have this conversation again, and I meant it!” she growled while the lead guard slammed the trunk shut. 
  
“No! Tara, listen to me!” Ahmed screamed from inside the trunk. But his cries fell on deaf ears as two of Tara’s guards hopped in the sedan and drove him out of the cemetery to his torturous fate. 
  
Tara and Jun-Seo 
  
With Ahmed secured, the two parties continued eyeing each other with hostility in the tombstone garden. Until Jun-Seo, smirking and full of himself, addressed Tara, “Well boss Tara, as you can see I delivered what I promised.” 
  
“Dude, I never asked you for anything!” Tara snapped, “But still, you did fill a contract for me. So I suppose I can consider your offer.” 
  
“Hmm..” Jun-Seo grinned. “My offer hasn’t changed from this morning. And boss Tara, I know you keep up with the times. And you, and every other crew in New York City knows the state’s about to dredge the Flushing Bay harbor, thereby making the city open to international shipping again.” He stopped and stared at her, “And we, the Kims, and not the Hans, have the Korean shipping Chaebols in our blood and you know it!” 
  
Tara lowered her eyes in thought before answering, “Even if you aren’t lying, how soon can you set up a meeting with the Chaebols?” 
  
“What?” Kitty barked and immediately pulled her older sister to the side, “Tara, what the fuck? Let’s kill this guy!” 
  
“No,” she answered. “When it comes to the Chaebols he’s the real deal.” 
  
“So what!” Kitty yelped, “Dammit Tara, the streets are watching, and if we betray the Hans just for a chance to-” 
  
“Go legit? Hmm? Is that what you were going to say?” Tara muttered back while both sisters glared at the smirking Jun-Seo. “I mean shit Kitty, how long have we been trying to get a real shipping union? You know what that means down the line.” 
  
Kitty shook her head in disagreement, “Tara, if this guy can double cross Ahmed-” 
  
“-Hi hello!” Jun-Seo cut Kitty off, “Ms. Kitty, can you please explain the benefit of me crossing you and your sister.” Jun-Seo spoke loud. “If I double cross Tara I will be out of the spoils of the close to one hundred million dollars a year the Flushing bay docks will see once I establish the first international shipping lane with the Korean Chaebols.” 
  
“Ptew!” Kitty spit on the ground, “You talk a good game you fuckstick!” 
  
“Yes I do! And that’s because I can deliver,” He grinned and turned to Tara, “And your big sister knows it. And she also knows what I want in exchange. So ladies, since it’s all laid out for you, I’d say we have a deal now, don’t we?” 
  
When Jun-Seo asked the question the scene grew dead silent, as all eyes turned to Tara who stared at the ground pondering the weight of the decision she’d make. And after a long moment, she finally answered, “Yeah man, I know what you want. And yes... 
  
...we have a deal.” 
  
 ..

10