Chapter 30- Don’t Make Me Ask You Again
380 6 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three pm, That Same Tuesday 
  
The dismissal bell rang at St. Mary’s School for Girls as Rica gathered her books to leave. She wanted to skip classes and hang out with Donna after they visited the clinic in the morning, but Reyna had none of it, “No, no! You two fast little girls may be late but you are both going to school! Hmph!”

Rica smirked remembering that Reyna was a Tiger Mom when it came to education. After a moment the twin-tailed little boss floated out of the school building in a trance, followed by her entourage of girls to include Nicky, Sammy, and Donna. 
  
“Rica, why were you and Donna late today?” Nicky asked. 
  
“Hmm?” With the weight of the world on her shoulders Rica didn’t care to answer the pointless question. For at that moment her only concerns were: Where’s the hunting dog and what is he doing? What’s Tara’s endgame and how is Kayla involved? And lastly, she needed to scope a location to catch this Turkish money man tonight for Tar- 
  
“Rica!” Donna cried while suddenly grabbing Rica’s arm. 
  
“Eh?” The little boss snapped out of her stupor and reflexively looked up to see her two wolves, Bling and Ian, rushing toward her. But when she turned to her right she saw the reason for the commotion. “Crap!” Rica balled her fists in disgust as Jun-Seo Kim smiled on the sidewalk in front of the school. 
  
“Why hellooo! Fancy meeting you here, Miss. Rica Reyes!” He hissed while sporting a stylish black fox fur coat with sunglasses, while surrounded by three of his goons, baller status. 
  
“You!” Rica muttered and quickly waved her two wolves off with a glance. Immediately Bling and Ian stopped rushing toward her and leaned against a parked car. She then turned to her entourage of girls who looked at her with concern. “Rica, who is that man? Is he friend of Ko’s?” the girls asked. 
  
“Yes I am, ladies! Me and Ko are like blood brothers. Ain't that right Rica and Donna,” Jun-Seo creepily responded to the teenage girls’ question. 
  
But Rica played cool. “Ladies, I gotta talk to this guy, so let’s all catch up tomorrow, ok?” 
  
“But Rica, he’s a grown man and he’s a wearing a sexy fur coat. Is he a Kpop producer?” The girls cried. 
  
“I definitely produce!” Jun-Seo laughed while Rica squinted at him. But she did manage to shoo the girls away before commanding Bling to take Donna to their truck. Ian stayed and stood firm behind Rica as she faced the unwelcome visitor, who leered at her. 
  
“Miss. Rica, you look adorable in your Catholic uniform. How prestigious,” said Jun-Seo, staring her up and down. 
  
“Why are you here you rapist creep?” Rica growled. 
  
“Eh? So it doesn’t surprise you that I know what school you attend?” he asked. 
  
“Nope, not impressed. Now what do you want?” 
  
“Oh!” He glanced over at one of his boys who displayed a woman’s purse. “Your promiscuous friend left her bag in my coat check. Figured she wanted it back, along with her tip share for the night’s work,” Jun-Seo said while placing three hundred dollars in the purse before tossing it behind Rica. 
  
“Hmph,” Rica grunted as Ian caught the bag. “You didn’t come all the way to my school just to announce your pedophilia, Kim!” She crossed her arms, “Now, before I get angry and order my wolf to bloody your nose again-” 
  
“Such violence!” He interrupted. “And to think I came here in humility to tell you that there’s no need for us to be enemies, dear Rica. I mean, I didn’t tell your boyfriend Ko that you killed Sam Yoon under my order!” 
  
“That’s a lie!" she fumed, "And I don’t take orders from you nor do I need anything from you!” 
  
“Oh?” He stopped smiling, “You speak with such hostility to me yet.” He looked in her eyes. “You and your mother are illegally harboring my blood relative, Kayla Han. So I wonder what child welfare services would say about that, should I make a phone call to them.” 
  
“You-” Rica ground her teeth but kept calm. “Hmm, you wouldn’t have mentioned Kayla had you not wanted something else from me. So spit it out you asshole!” 
  
“Language!” Jun-Seo said with a laugh as his men chuckled with him. “See that boys, I told you she was spirited. But alas, Rica. I’m sure that fool boyfriend of yours never told you, but Kayla is worth a lot of money. More money than Tara can dismiss.” He gaped at her, “So I think it would be in your best interest to be nice to me considering I hold all the cards. And as for Ko, well. I wonder where him and the Hans are hiding this morning since we didn’t find them on the docks.” 
  
Rica snarled when Jun-Seo spoke. But this was new information. If Jun-Seo wasn’t lying then the Hans have abandoned the Flushing Bay docks. But if that’s the case then where the hell is Ko?
  
“Tch, you really are delusional aren’t you?” she growled. “Like I’d tell you Ko’s location.” 
  
But Jun-Seo glared at her, “No Rica, I’m a realist. And from the look on your face it seems you don’t know where he is either, do you?” He smiled most sinister, “Well, I did warn you about him, didn’t I? And Rica, since I like you and see a future where me and you can work together-” 
  
“Work with you? Now why would I lower myself-”  
  
“Yes, lower yourself and humble yourself!” He barked. “Because for Kayla’s sake you need to remember that blood is thicker than water. And the laws of New York state agree with me, Rica! So smarten up!” 
  
As Jun-Seo spoke Ian charged forward and threw a punch at him! “You motherucker!” he shouted as Jun-Seo’s guards rushed in front to block the attack. 
  
“Ian! Don’t!” Rica yelled, yanking her wolf back. 
  
But Jun-Seo laughed at Ian’s attempt. “Ha, I remember you white boy! You were all bark back at the diner the other day! Heh!” His goons laughed as Ian snarled at him in front of Rica. But Jun-Seo walked away mocking Ian, “I’d say till we meet again my man, but we won’t, hahaha! Oh yeah, later Rica. And don't worry, I know we’ll talk again soon!” Giggling while strutting like a peacock, Jun-Seo and his boys stepped off. 
  
Ian turned to Rica, “Little boss, he was trying to intimidate you!” 
  
“I know, and it didn't work.” She placed her hand on Ian's shoulder to calm him, but kept her eyes on Jun-Seo walking down the block. “But you know something, Ian. In Jun-Seo's haste to scare me he let on pretty clearly that he’s afraid of Ko. Heh, heh!” 
  
  
Six pm that evening, Williamsburg Brooklyn 
  
After last night’s ordeal Suzy decided to take the night off from working at club Masters. Unfortunately she didn’t tell Jun-Seo, but she figured he'd understand. Still shook up she left her apartment to buy some weed from the dealer kids that hang out under the Williamsburg bridge. Freezing her ass off in her tight jeans and thick coat, she bundled up while hustling down her dark and empty block. But Suzy, a native New Yorker and ever aware of her surroundings, couldn’t ignore the black sedan trailing right behind her in the street. 
  
Oh no, is it Jun-Seo? she thought as she gripped her phone and carefully turned her head to glance over her shoulder before, “Eeep!” she yelled as she crashed into someone standing in the sidewalk in front of her. And that person spoke. 
  
“You’re Suzy, right? And I think you know me by now.” 

"Ah?" Suzy backed off but kept cool as she stared in the handsome face of the man who said her name. And she did know him, for he was the young Han clan boss who rescued Donna last night. 
  
“Y-You’re, Ko. Donna’s friend,” she said in Korean. 
  
“Yes, and I want to be your friend too.” As soon as he opened his mouth a car full of Han soldiers jumped out and surrounded Suzy on the freezing block. “So can we be friends, Suzy?” 
  
“Friends?” Fear gripped Suzy as she glanced around. “Are you here for revenge, because I didn’t do anything to Donna-” 
  
But Ko shushed her while staring in her eyes, “Suzy?” 
  
“...Yes?” 
  
“I really like your short haircut. You wear it well.”  
  
“Oh,” she blushed. “T-Thank you.” 
  
“But it’s cold out here, so let’s go inside the car and talk, as friends.” 
  
“Um?” Suzy glanced at the ferocious men around her. “A-Are you going to hurt me?” 
  
Ko smirked, “I’m only requesting a moment of your time, and.” He tossed her an envelope stuffed with money, “I’m willing to pay for it.” He stepped closer and caressed her face. “And unlike your boyfriend Jun-Seo, I don’t want to hurt you. So Suzy?” 
  
“Yes?” 
  
“Please get in the car, and don’t make me ask you again.”  
  
  
..

12