Chapter 43- All Love
484 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Princess Cut 
  
“Oh my god, Danny!” Reyna burst through the snow half blinded and half deaf. She raced toward Dan, who stood over Viktoria’s corpse with his gun aimed at her face. 
  
“Baby?” Dan muttered with his eyes fixed on the dead body as if expecting it to spring to life. He appeared shaken up. 
  
“Danny?” Nearly in tears Reyna reached out and gently palmed the gun in his hand before taking it from him completely. “You don’t need this,” she whispered and hugged him tight. 
  
“I guess not,” he said squeezing her. “Hey, that crazy lady didn’t karate you too badly did she? Being that I had to shoot her and all!” 
  
“No, I’m fine!” Reyna responded with tears, “But I’m so sorry, baby!” Guilt at her failure to stop Viktoria washed over her. Just the thought of that viper woman pointing her rifle at her beloved family, “I love you so much, Daniel! I’m so sorry!” 
  
“Aw baby, I’m good. You know when I got my Glock and my woman nobody can stop me!” He said kissing her face and forehead. But although Dan had jokes, his fast beating heart and noticeable trembling compounded Reyna’s shame. 
  
“Danny, where’s the baby?” she muttered in his chest. 
  
“Right there,” he said pointing at the side entrance, where Kayla half hid behind the open door. 
  
“Mommy?” she squeaked 
  
“Kayla!” Reyna yelped and ran to the doorway, dragging Dan with her. For Reyna wouldn’t be stopped. She wanted to hug and kiss the life out of both Kayla and Dan out of pure fear of losing them. “Oh my god, kiss kiss you just can’t fathom how much I love you two so much!” she cried. 
  
“And you love Rica too, right mommy?” Kayla asked. 
  
“Of course I love Rica!” Reyna yelped, “Speaking of which, where is she? Danny, did she call you?” 
  
He smiled, “She’ll be here in twenty minutes or so. And um, while you’re in the most emotional state I’ve ever seen you in, I think now is a good time to advise you to love your daughters unconditionally,” he said. 
  
“Hmm?” Reyna tilted her head, “I will always love my kids unconditionally!” 
  
“Good! Because your oldest has burdened me with telling you that uhh, she’s pregnant, and-” 
  
“What?” In a blink of a second Reyna’s face shot from guilt to pure evil. “I’m sorry Daniel. Please repeat what you just said.” 
  
“Ah,” Dan nodded his head with a chuckle, “So that’s why she wanted me to tell you.” 
  
But Reyna wasn’t having it, “Daniel, I don’t find any part of what you just said funny?” 
  
“Yeah,” Dan squinted. “I kind of knew you wouldn’t. So that’s why I am going to revert to plan B after sharing that bit of information with you.” 
  
Reyna squinted at him, “What the hell is plan B?” 
  
Plan B 
  
Fifteen minutes later Rica, Ko, and Bling drove onto the two mile road to Dan’s house. While staring out into the snowy forest Rica received a text from Dan, “Your mom stopped a viper. It’s in the back waiting for a cleaning crew.” 
  
“Hmm.” Rica squinted. 
  
“What is it, boss?” Bling asked. 
  
“Seems we’re late.” She turned to him in the passenger seat. “My mom called a cleanup crew to dispose of a dead snake.” 
  
“Is everyone ok?” Ko asked from the back. 
  
“I guess we’ll find out,” she said as they passed a set of snowed in footprints running into the forest from the road. 
  
One minute later Rica and her crew pulled in front of Dan’s house. But before she exited she observed a strange grey car parked all the way in the back of the house by the treeline. She pointed it out for Ko. “Hm hm hm, do you see that? Means that auburn haired bitch who stabbed me really thought she could beat my mother. Ha! Rest in peace you idiot!” she snickered most evil. 
  
Ko grinned, but before he could reply Reyna Rai flew out of the house and raced to the vehicle, smiling and waving her finger. 
  
“Rica!” she called out. 
  
“Yes mother?” Rica said opening the door, just as Reyna reached them all and thrust her hand in front of Rica’s face. 
  
“Look what Dan bought for me!” Reyna screamed. 
  
“Eh?” Rica grabbed Reyna’s hand to behold a Tiffany princess cut, four carat, near flawless diamond engagement ring. “Oh my god! Mommy, did Dan propose to you?” 
  
“Yes!” Reyna screamed with pride. 
  
“And you said yes, right?” Rica asked, just as giddy as her mother. 
  
“Of course I said Yes! In fact, I wouldn’t allow Kayla to call him dad until he put a ring on my finger, cause I love that man so much!” she yelled, holding her hand up to the sky to show off her big rock. 
  
But in all the excitement a tinge of worry socked Rica’s gut. For although this was her first time seeing the ring, she was aware of Dan’s plan to ask Reyna to marry him. And since Rica was too nervous to tell her mother about the pregnancy, she told Dan that night when she got the call. Dan, always awesome, explained that he’d tell Reyna and then propose to her so she couldn’t stay mad at Rica. That was plan B. 
  
“Oh man, my step-dad is so great!” Rica mumbled to herself. But later on she’d have to talk to her mom. 
  
Player Player  
  
After a few hours the trusted clean up crew Reyna called arrived and took care of the grey car and other things in the backyard. From there the odd, yet joyous, family sat down for a dinner of Italian style roast pork, pasta and salad, cooked by Dan and Kayla. 
  
“Yo, this grub is wassup, Dan!” Bling cheered from the head of the table as the adults, excluding Rica and Ko, enjoyed two bottles of wine with dinner. 
  
“I’m glad you like it, Machel!” said Dan, calling Bling by his real name. “But you were explaining earlier that good girls love, Ko?” 
  
“Oh yeah!” A shit eating grin spread across Bling’s face as he looked at Ko sitting next to Rica. “That dude is as bad as you are, Dan!” 
  
“What are you talking about?” Rica yelped. 
  
“I’m just sayin, little boss. Ko is a bad boy and all his good girls took care of him is all, no matter how much shit you give him Karma gives back better.” 
  
“What?” She squinted her eyes at Bling, who obviously had the most to drink. 
  
“Don’t be mad little boss, but think about it. He managed to distract them Rifle bitches cause they thought they could use them girls against him. But in the end all of them chicks helped him.” Bling raised his hand to count on his fingers, “Number one, Donna helped him when you tricked her into meeting you at the park, little boss! In her mind Donna was hoping to keep you and Ko together, that’s why she agreed to come out. She told me when I put her back on the train.” 
  
“Eh? She said that?” Rica gasped. 
  
“Yup! Also number two, that Suzy girl held back all that information just so she could tell Ko after we left that building. Shit, you didn’t even have to give her money cause that chick couldn’t wait to help you!” Bling said to Ko, who blushed and kept his head down. 
  
“No!” Rica pouted, “That doesn’t mean anything, those girls-” 
  
“And finally you, little boss!” Bling cheered with his glass up, “After using those other girls to track the Rifle bitches, you ran full speed into that building when you saw him in trouble. And I bet you killed that blonde chick like you hated her, and all for that dude Ko, heh heh heh!” As he spoke Dan and Reyna chuckled at Rica. 
  
Rica turned red, “None of this is true, I had my reasons-” 
  
“-To rescue your player-player boyfriend? Mhm, that’s cause homey’s a stud, hahahahah!” Bling said as the table exploded in laughter at the expense of both Rica and Ko. “Don’t be mad little boss, cause you caught a winner. Hell, even good girls love Ko, hahaha!” 
  
While Rica fumed red at the taunts, Ko hid his face in shame. But it appeared the conversation was the perfect segue for Reyna to bring up another important topic. 
  
“Rica honey, I see you and Ko have finished eating.” Reyna said standing up, “So perhaps the three of us can discuss a few things in private,” her tone serious. 
  
Rica gulped but Ko stood up, “Yes, ma'am. I believe we should,” he said. 
  
Responsible Kids 
  
The teen mechanics sat in the beautifully furnished Den, that Reyna decorated, as they waited for her to cast judgement. And when she stepped in after them, with squinted eyes, they lowered their heads. 
  
“So,” Reyna spoke with crossed arms. “I hear you two are dead set on making me a grandmother. Is that correct?” 
  
“Mom,” Rica squeaked, “It wasn’t on purpose it just-” 
  
“-Happened, right Rica? No effort involved, I’m sure.” 
  
“Mom!” 
  
“Rica!” Reyna gave her the hand, “At this point I’m not going to lecture you, again, on the need to use protection. Especially since you’re practically an adult, and I can’t force you to do anything.” She stared at the both of them, “So my question is what are you going to do now?” 
  
“I’m keeping it!” Rica snapped while holding her belly. 
  
“Of course you would, child!” Reyna shook her head, “I expected your defiant answer. But what about you, Ko? Hmm? What do you have to say for yourself?”  
  
Ko took a deep breath and glanced at Reyna, but didn’t make eye contact. Instead he gave Reyna a deep bow called a Keunjeol in Korean, a sign of the highest respect. And from that low position he spoke. 
  
“Ms. Reyna, there aren’t anymore words I can say to thank you for all that you’ve done for Kayla and myself. And now it seems I have disrespected your house. But I want you to know that I’ve already taken steps to remedy it.” 
  
“Hmm?” Reyna mumbled with her big rock shining. “What are you going on about, Ko?” 
  
“Ms. Reyna, during my time in our shared profession, I have managed to save pretty much everything for a rainy day.” He reached in his pocket for his wallet and removed a ripped bank note with a Korean monetary balance on it. “I don’t know what this is in American dollars, but I have this much money in the bank.” 
  
Reyna took the note and did a quick calculation. “Oh my! You’ve saved a king's ransom, Ko,” she said with a light smile. “But what does this have to do-” 
  
“I want to stay in this country and be a father with your blessings, Reyna. Also, the safe apartment. I’ll give you two years of rent in cash tomorrow if you allow Rica and I to stay there.” 
  
He bowed lower but Reyna scowled at him. Until Rica stepped in. “Mom! I’m not gonna let you bully him since this is my situation too!” 
  
“You damn right this is your situation!” Reyna fumed, “Rica, you planned this from the start didn’t you? The minute that boy showed up in this country you couldn’t wait to see him!” 
  
“Yeah, so what! That doesn’t mean I had a conspiracy to get pregnant by him!” 
  
“Are you sure about that, young lady?” Reyna snapped. 
  
“Mom, you’re being paranoid!” 
  
“That’s right I’m paranoid, because you’re my child! And when my pretty grandson or granddaughter gets to be your age I hope you finally learn how it feels to be worried every day for the welfare of your children! Hmph!” Reyna yelled at Rica almost in tears. 
  
Ko sat back down as the tension between the mother and daughter boiled. However, something caught his ear. He looked at Reyna. “Pretty grandson?” he asked. 
  
“Or granddaughter,” she replied softly, “I don’t care what flavor you make, it’ll still be my beautiful grandbaby.” She smiled.   
  
“Ah,” Ko nodded, “I want to take up Boss Tara’s offer and run the docks for her. She um...she asked me awhile back. Before all of this happened.” 
  
“Really?” Rica asked, “Not as the Han boss, but directly under her?” 
  
“Both,” said Ko. “I didn’t give her an answer since I hadn’t planned on staying in this country, but now.” He looked at Rica and smiled, “I’m motivated by responsibility, and…” He trailed off. 
  
“And what, Ko?” Reyna egged him, “Could it be you’re motivated because maybe you’re in love with my daughter?” 
  
“Ah!” Ko dropped his red face to his knees as even Rica stared at him. “Yes, I’m very much in love with your daughter,” he muttered, hiding his face from Rica. 
  
But Ko would learn that no good deed goes unpunished. Because no sooner did he say those words, did Rica jump him, pushing him on his back against the couch. “What did you just say, hunting dog? I didn’t hear you?” Her smile wide, but her expression… 
  
...Pure evil… 
  
“Uh!” Ko stammered, “I said I’m concerned about your-” 
  
“No, you didn’t!” Rica bit his cheek. 
  
“Ow! Ms. Reyna, please help-” 
  
“No, no, no, no, my mom’s not going to help you!” she squeezed him, “Now say it again!” 
  
“Ah!” Ko looked to Reyna, but she appeared curious herself. “I..I said I’ve fallen in love with you-” 
  
“-Nyaaaa!” He never finished the sentence before Rica bombarded him with kisses, love, and power threats. “You cutey-cutey, I love you too, boy! But don’t get it twisted, because the nature of our relationship will remain the same!” Kiss, kiss, kiss, “For I’m the boss, and you will always be my hunting dog! You cute baby daddy, hee hee!” 
  
“Oh!” Ko tried to wiggle away, but Rica held him down and kissed him mercilessly. 
  
“Meh, I’ve had enough of you too!” Reyna said walking out the room door while glaring at the diamond on her hand. “You know, I really wanted to be mad at you Rica, but there's something about this big shiny rock on my finger that has me all giddy, right Danny?” she yelled to the Kitchen. 
  
“What’s that baby?” Dan yelled back. 
  
“I want a Hawaiian wedding, Dan!” 
  
“That’s cool, baby! We’ll wear grass skirts and stuff!” he answered. 
  
“No!” Reyna frowned, “We’re not wearing grass skirts, Danny!” she shouted and took off towards the kitchen. 
  
As for poor Ko, he wiggled some more but to no avail. He was left with no choice but to lay back on the couch and accept Rica’s kisses and evil affections.

...and he loved every second of it~ 

Erica x Echo~

12