Chapter 44- Act Three- Resolution
640 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One Week Later- Istanbul, Turkey 
  
Turkish crime boss Kasim Coskun didn’t care for the busy hustle and bustle of downtown Istanbul. But he had business in the city on this fine morning, as he’d lost support for his bid to become a player in New York’s crime scene and had to answer to a few investors. 
  
I’d rather kill them all! The stocky grey haired boss thought of those investors as he entered the Sultania hotel’s lobby. If Ahmed didn’t fuck up, and if those stupid Rifle Girls I hired had just done their job we'd be making money hand over fist right now on those New York docks. The failure angered him from the inside out. 
  
“Mr. Coskun? You have a phone call on the deck,” said a beautiful hotel concierge as Kasim passed the reception area flanked by two of his goons. 
  
“They know I’m here already, those vampires!” he mumbled in regard to the investors. However, he still held hope that he could make the New York connection as he answered the phone on a deck in the rear of the hotel. 
  
“Hello, this is Kasim!” He damn near shouted into the phone. 
  
And the caller responded, “Yes, Kasim Coskun. I know who you are.” A woman’s voice spoke in English with a thick Japanese accent. 
  
Startled, Kasim replied, “Who is this?” 
  
The voice answered, “A teacher who cares for her student.” 
  
And those were the last words Kasim heard before a .308 one-fifty-grain Remington bullet entered the back of his skull, and exploded out of his mouth.  The shot killed him instantly.
  
Two am, New York City 
  
While Turkish Crime Boss Kasim Coskun lay dead on a hotel deck in Turkey, Ko and Rica slept peacefully in their Manhattan safe apartment. But when Ko’s phone rang he awoke with a smile, expecting the call. 
  
“Moshi-Moshi,” He answered in Japanese, his second language before English. 
  
“Ahn, Ko-kun? Uchi-ya!” responded a woman with a heavy Kansai Japanese accent. For on the other line was Ko’s beloved teacher, the Rifle Girl, Shizuka The Hunter.
  
“Sensei! How’s everything?” Ko whispered with an ear to ear smile. 
  
“Ahn. Safer for you and your family now, heh!” she said. 
  
“Oh! That’s good!” he replied. 
  
“Ahn. A gift for my granddaughter.” 
  
“Heh!” Ko blushed, “I told you, Sensei, we don’t know the baby’s gender yet. So what happens if he’s a boy?” 
  
“Ahn. Then it’s a gift for my grandson, eh!” 
  
“Haha!” Ko held back a laugh so to not wake Rica next to him. “Sensei, that man Kasim was our last enemy from the Turks.” 
  
“Oh, I’m sure you will find new enemies, Ko-kun.” 
  
“No, these days I’ll try not to,” he said. “And Sensei?” 
  
“Yes?” 
  
“Will you visit us sometime?” he asked softly. 
  
“Anh.” Shizuka hesitated as if the thought of flying to New York City was a flight to the moon, but then she answered, “Sooner than you know, Ko-kun. I will visit you and bring gifts for you.” 
  
“Good!” Ko bowed over the phone, “I’ll look forward to it!” 
  
“Anh. I have to leave Turkey now. So goodbye Ko-kun, and good luck.” 
  
“I understand. Thank you for everything, Sensei. Goodbye.” 
  
Click! Shizuka hung up, the way she always did. Always before Ko could tell her how much he truly missed her. But now he could sleep soundly knowing that the last threat from the Turks was eliminated by an infamous Rifle Girl who also shared the title of: The Killer Elite. 
  
Ten Weeks Later 
  
The first signs of a baby bump on Rica’s belly struck early. A bump usually happened between twelve and sixteen weeks, but there she was with a touch of roundness at ten weeks as she stared in the mirror. 
  
“Nya!” She smiled at her outline. “I’m a mom!” 
  
“Hmm,” Ko stepped behind her and palmed her gut, “He’ll be tall!” 
  
“Hope so!” Rica cheered and kissed him. But they had to hustle out the door since they had an appointment in the city for a sonogram with Dr. Alyssa James. 
  
Two Hours Later- Doctor’s Office  
  
Rica lay back on a bed while the dark skinned woman with a cool afro, Dr. James, examined her belly with a sonogram scope. Ko held Rica’s hand while he gaped at the cryptic image on the screen. 
  
“Well, well!” said Dr. James as she hovered over three spots on Rica’s stomach. 
  
“What does that mean?” Ko asked. 
  
“Mr. Lee, I tend to say that when I’m right about something I suspected the whole time. Because look there,” she pointed on the screen, “Do you see that?” 
  
Ko squinted and nodded his head, “That’s a penis!” he yelped with bursting pride, “We’re going to have a boy!” He kissed Rica. 
  
“Nya, settle down ace! Let’s make sure he has ten toes and fingers!” Rica beamed, also with pride. 
  
“He definitely has ten toes and fingers, see!” said Dr. James pointing out his hands and feet. “All there. So now that you know what will you name him?” 
  
“Eric!” Rica burst out immediately, “Eric Reyes Lee!” 
  
Ko nodded, "Eric is a good name."
  
“Mhm,” said Dr. James, “And what about his twin sister here, who also has ten fingers and toes?” 
  
“What?” Rica yelped as Ko squinted at the monitor. 
  
Dr. James smiled, “I’ll make myself clear. You two are having twins. One boy, one girl. Congratulations.” 
  
“Ehhhhhhhh!” Rica shouted with joy, “So I get to have a little girl too, Ko!” 
  
And when Rica glanced up at Ko, he stood nearly in tears with his fist pumped in righteous pride as he glared at the monitor. Before turning to Rica and gently caressing her belly. 
  
“Rica?” 
  
“Yes, Ko?” she answered with a smirk. 
  
“You understand I’m a stud, right?” He tapped the monitor. “The proof is right here. For I have a son and a daughter!” he said with mock arrogance. 
  
“Heh heh, yes, yes,” Rica smiled dismissing him as both of their faces burned with promise for their new family. 
  
“And what will you name your daughter?” Dr. James asked, interrupting the gleaming teens. 
  
“She's getting a Korean name!" Rica beamed, "But not one of those hard to pronounce ones!"

"Oh?" Ko asked, "All Korean names are easy for me."

"Good!" She smiled, "Then you will have no problem with your daughter being Mina Reyes Lee!" She then glanced at Ko and whispered, “A proper Rifle Girl’s name.” 
  
“A good name,” Ko nodded.

"That's right, doggo!"

Dr. James grinned, "Well, you two sound ready!" 

Ko and Rica both smiled and answered at the same, "We are!" 
  
  
Epilogue 
  
In August of the following year, Rica Reyes gave birth to two beautiful Leo twins. The baby girl Mina Lee arrived first, followed three minutes after by her little brother Eric.  Both blessed with their father’s almond shaped glass brown eyes, and their mother’s sharp features. And in their future, under the love and guidance of Rica and Ko, along with their grandparents, Dan and Reyna, the Lee twins would grow up to become legends. 

 

But to all my fellow readers, that's a tale for another day :) 

 

Thank you so much for reading everyone. And if you liked the story please leave a rating, review, or favorite. 
  
- JayDirex ^_^  

 

 

THE RIFLE GIRLS: Reyna Rai and Rica Reyes

15