Prologue – The Beginning
346 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Hello, I'm Venir Foms and right now I'm on my way home from school, I live in a small house on brightstone, a pretty reasonably sized city with a Beach, yes a beach isn't it amazing? i recently moved here to start University and i didn't know this city had a beach, yeah i didn't ask or search anything about this city, that's dangerous you say?well that's like...your opinion,now what i like about beaches is when the sun is going down, yeah the sunset it's sooo beautiful, the colors...ahh that orange, i always go to the beach when i have the time and just sit there enjoying life, or that's what i would like to say but.... it's more like to run away from my problems.

"who knew that medicine would be that hard, i should have picked psychology."i said sighing.

I have the habit of finishing everything i start, it doesn't matter how hard as long as it is doable i will finish it, that's why i don't change courses.

"the beach is not that far, maybe i should go there."

the sky's color was already starting to change, so i decided to go relax a little before i get back home.

when i got to the beach, as always it was nearly empty and the sky was with that Divine color.

i sat on a rock ,not worrying about getting my pants dirty and took my phone out my pocket.

"i wonder if anyone enjoys this sunset as much as i do."

i took some pictures and stood there for about half an hour before i noticed a sudden shift of temperature.

" so cooold."

when I looked around there was a thick fog that wasn't there a minute ago.

"what's this?, it's already night?"

looking up i saw the full moon.

"this is..."

"am i dreaming?,did i fall asleep?" .

that's when...i saw a shadow approaching

"oh no."

i said when i saw it's eyes shining bright... I felt like it was staring at my soul through my eyes.

"RUN,RUN,RUN" i thought, i knew i was going to die if i didn't but my legs...

"MOVE DAMMIT" my legs weren't responding i was frozen in place ,i could hear my heart racing faster each second.

"@#€₱&" said the shadow then it grinned ,i didn't know which language it was but i understood that that was  definitely not a friendly "hello"

"MOVE PLEASE" i cried losing all hope.

<*Candidate ad_V is paralyzed*>.

<*Removing all negative effects*>.

"wha-." I was surprised at first but I didn't hesitate and started running without looking back.

"screeeeeeeex."

i heard something like scary metalic cries behind me that worsened my panicked state...and I started running even faster

"huff."

"huff."

when i stopped hearing cries ,exhausted i fell face first in to the sand

"the beach?."i thought.

" no ,no ,it can't be ,i was running for 20minutes in the direction opposite to the beach, how?"

i tried looking around and saw that the fog was still here but it wasn't as thick as before

"it can't be." that was when...

"crk." "crk." "crk" "screex."

Recognizing that sound ,i knew what awaited me.

"£¥#@∆π."

looking around i saw various shining balls all around me.

"shit ,I'm surrounded" i thought, then

"screeeeeeeex"

I saw various Shadows emerging from the fog, all running a terrifying speed.

"it's over." i said while making a self mocking smile and accepting my fate

"I'm sorry Mom for...being a disappointment." i said ,tears streaming down my face, you see I've never been particularly good at anything...

<*candidate ad_v is in mortal danger*>.

" i wish I could...repay you" 

I would shut myself in my room and play some online games or read some lighnovels all day....

"for everything you have done..."

<*Requesting assistance from server A*>.

Only getting out for basic necessities, i only saw them at dinner in which would have to bear my father staring at me, i think he didn't like me, sure i wasn't the brightest or the strongest person but at least i tried my best...

<*Data received*>.

<Initiating [emergency retrieval]>.

   "?!" 

i heard a monotone female voice ,maybe i am hallucinating.

<*Teleporting...in...5..*>.

i stood up, wiped my tears away with my hands ,with my sanity gone i gave the shadows a big wide smile and screamed

"come at meeee!!!"

<*3...2...1>

<*Destination: [VOID]*>

i saw a flash of light so bright that i could now see through the fog and....i heard the familiar sound of thunder.

"!?"I looked up and....white is all i could see ,i felt the current of electricity flowing through my body.

"!?" i was surprised by how it felt, it wasn't aggressive and painful but soothing and relaxing.

"I guess this is how i die." i said , closing my eyes and embracing that sensation.

10