Chapter 46
2.2k 4 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning, Qian Yu woke up as he took out a piece of paper and quill pen as he started writing. 

“Disciple Qian Yu writes to the Ice Arts Sect Branch in the Soba Empire.

This is my report for the last month and a half...”

Soon, Qian Yu went to a building he had seen earlier in the week. As he entered the “World Trade and Communication”, he went to an old man as he said, “I would like to deliver this to Ice Arts branch sect near Shipton City.”

After thinking for a few hours yesterday night, he finally had a plan to sell off the sky ranked cultivation techniques. It had been a while since he arrived at the Soba Empire and it was finally time for him to turn in one of the field reports. In the letter, he wrote about some stuff he did and added some random crap to fill in some time that was wasted. 

Originally, he was going to pretend that he never entered the inheritance realm at all. Even though he didn’t really have a good impression of Liu Wang due to the useless legendary grade cultivation technique, the amount of Martial Fighters and experts that came to his inheritance realm was massive. Just because it was an inheritance realm, it didn’t mean that the rewards would be legendary grade cultivation techniques. As such, he felt that there was something that he didn’t know.

However, he was now currently at the 4th stage of qi gathering. It had only been around 2 weeks since the end of the maze and the supposedly wanted person was at the 2nd stage of qi gathering. It would be impossible to go from the 2nd to the 4th stage of qi gathering in such a short time normally so they wouldn’t suspect him for being the unknown rogue cultivator that was wanted.

Therefore, it was safe for him to say that he was able to enter the maze but only enter a few couple floors before being forced to leave. This meant that he was still able to get his hands on some sky ranked cultivation methods before he was sent out. He could say that he didn’t need them and as such, ask the sect if he could sell it for them. It would also solve the issue for any witnesses that knew he went into the inheritance realm.

However, there were a few risks with this plan.

Entering a few alleys, Qian Yu entered a shady shop with his black robes and a mask on before he talked to the information broker. 

“Information on all the participants that managed to enter the 7th floor and above in the latest inheritance realm” Qian Yu said in a different voice.

Without batting an eye, the guy said, “50 gold coins”. 

“40” Qian Yu bargained.

“45” he said back.

“Deal” Qian Yu agreed.

Walking out of the shop with an envelope of paper, Qian Yu rushed back to the inn before he read it.

He didn’t know the name of Mr. “Cyclone Blade” but it wasn’t hard to find his background. 

“Tao Wei. Inner Disciple of Wind Temple. Blueish green robe color. 7th stage of qi gathering” Qian Yu read the paper. 

Naturally, the only problem with this plan was that it was doomed if he was recognized. Of course, there was only one person he fought in the later stages of the maze. 

Finding his target he decided to see the information himself and Sun Hong.

“Two Handed Destroyer. Female rogue cultivator with a greatsword. Late Stage soul foundation. Cleared 9th floor of maze. Heavy injuries in abdomen and thighs. Some kind of red qi.”

“Unknown Male Rogue Cultivator. Uses a spear. 2nd stage qi gathering realm. Cleared 9th floor of maze. Can absorb qi attacks.”

Slightly frowning, Qian Yu didn’t expect this much detail of information. Although it was short, it was plenty enough and Qian Yu felt the money was well spent now. After that, he continued to memorize everything on the list in case it was needed for the future. If he heard these names, he could stay away lest they recognize him.

Two days later, Qian Yu received a letter from Elder Zhang, the man who he assumed to be the one he saw two months ago. 

“Hello Disciple Qian Yu, I will head to the Soba Capital in three weeks and we can proceed with the trade. We will meet at …” the letter continued.

‘Phew, it’s good I don’t have to waste all the time going back to the branch sect. Is Elder Zhang taking a break and coming to the festival as well?’ Qian Yu sighed as he thought.

‘Now, I should probably go to the Wind Temple and try to remove Tao Wei. He could be heavily guarded so it might take a while,’ Qian Yu decided. 

‘Hmm, how should I do this?’ Qian Yu thought of a plan. Back then, his Lightning Spasm had managed to instantly kill Wolfblade who was at the 3rd stage of qi gathering while he was only at the 1st stage of qi gathering. Now, he was at the 4th stage of qi gathering while Tao Wei was at the 7th stage, so he couldn’t be sure if he could instantly kill him. Nonetheless, he would still be heavily injured. 

‘Oh yea, I have the Shrouded Cloak. It’s great for assassinations and escaping,’ He remembered the magical artifact. 

With that in mind, he headed towards the Wind Temple, which was north of Allwake City and east of the Soba Capital. 

A few days later, a disguised Qian Yu arrived at the outer territory of the Wind Temple. As its name suggests, the sect was built as a temple and used a cultivation technique that focused on the law of wind similar to Zhao Xieren’s. 

In his opinion, it looked like the Wind Temple was pretty similar in strength to the Ice Arts Sect so the layout would be pretty similar as well. ‘He’s an inner disciple so he lives pretty deep into the sect. However, inner disciples probably go outside the sect more often than outer disciples so I’ll just need to camp and wait for him’ Qian Yu thought. 

A few hours later, night had arrived and Qian Yu decided to get closer to the sect. Yet as he was still pretty far from the entrance to the outer sect, he suddenly felt someone’s gaze on him. With the Shrouded Cloak on him, he turned his head in horror.

45