Chapter 47
2.1k 5 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Shrouded Cloak was a rare grade artifact able to provide him stealth capabilities to those at the Martial Fighter Realm and below. As such, when he turned around, he knew he was probably discovered by a Martial Lord. 

Yet when he turned around, he saw a woman in a tight black dress that revealed her curves a couple feet away from him. Gulping, Qian Yu couldn’t help but remember the nights with Sun Hong as he initially saw the woman. 

‘Truly dangerous’ Qian Yu thought as he realized he was instantly charmed by the aura the woman emitted. 

Yet after staring at her smiling face, Qian Yu opened his eyes in shock. In front of him, the woman with heels and the black dress had dashing long curvy black hair that hung past her waist. She had a light skin tone like Bai Jia and beautiful long eyelashes that only served to further enhance her seductive beauty.

‘She’s a Martial Lord? Is she here to kill me?,’ Qian Yu started sweating as he realized that this otherworldly woman was the same one from the winter hunt a couple months prior. Since then, he had completely forgotten about that woman and incident. 

Pretending to be ignorant, Qian Yu said, “Can this junior help-”. Suddenly stopping, Qian Yu’s male intuition came into play as fixed his words to not say senior, “Ahem, may this humble one be of use to honorable miss.”

The smiling woman didn’t say anything as she walked closer to Qian Yu before saying, “Aww you are so kind… Hubby” Qian Yu opened his mouth in shock once again as she walked behind him and whispered in his ears, “After all, hubby had treated me and even saw me partially naked”. Then she said out loud innocently as she covered her face with her hands, “Ahh at last, I’ve lost my innocence, how can I marry anymore”. 

‘Ah… this was a Martial Lord? Why is she such a trickster… Do I play along? Hehe, do you think this village boy don’t got any tricks up my sleeves’ Qian Yu was speechless for a second before he came up with an idea to counter this exotic creature.

“Wifey, don’t worry, hubby will take good care of you in the future” Qian Yu turned around as he said without a hint of fear. 

Hearing it, the woman’s face didn’t change for a second before it gradually turned into a smile. “Hehehehe. You’re so nice to me,” she giggled. 

“Anyways, hubby, I’ve already dealt with Tao Wei? Did wife do a good job?” she teasingly asked.

‘How does she know! Wait, how did she find me in the first place? She only found me when I went to look for Tao Wei so that means she was waiting here for me and knew that I would eventually arrive to get rid of Tao Wei. Truly amazing… and dangerous,’ Qian Yu pondered seriously. ‘Furthermore, that means she even knows about Liu Wang’s inheritance realm and my secret’ he realized.

As Qian Yu didn’t say anything the woman soon made her move as she moved her head forward and whispered, “What’s wrong hubby? Shall we talk somewhere more private?”

‘Stay calm stay calm…’ Qian Yu kept repeating to himself as he tried his best to ignore her and think. 

“Hahahaha, that truly was fun,” the woman closed her eyes as she had good laugh after a few seconds passed while Qian Yu was completely confused. 

Opening her eyes, she waved her hand before Qian Yu’s vision turned instantly black. When vision returned, he saw that they were currently in a private dining room. There was a table with countless delicacies and food. 

“Sit,” a melodious female voice came from the side.

Qian Yu didn’t say anything as he walked to the table and sat down while the other woman did the same as she took the seat on the other table. 

Unlike before, the seductive and playful aura that the woman exuded seemed to disappear. Instead, she seemed to be much more calm and serious. 

“Eat, we have much to talk about,” she said. Unlike before, it lacked the playful tone and it was more like an order or command. 

Looking at the change in the demeanor of the woman, Qian Yu was a little thrown back but he ultimately didn’t say anything. 

The woman however, answered his question saying, “Surprised? It’s two different personas. While I do act like a trickster and seductress, it is something I do in my personal life for fun and it also acts like a good cover. As for now… business is business”. 

Qian Yu nodded as he sat down and started eating. Hearing her explanation, there was nothing more to say. Towards this unknown woman, he could only wait for her to talk as they ate. 

After a few minutes, the woman put down her chopsticks as she finally started talking. 

“Did you talk with Liu Wang?” she asked after a couple minutes. 

Hearing it, Qian Yu frowned inwardly as he debated between telling the truth or not. ‘Does she know I met Liu Wang for sure? How much does she know...’ Qian Yu thought as he weighed the consequences.

However, looking at the woman, he felt that he didn’t have a choice right now and hoped that she didn’t have any bad intentions. She was a Martial Lord after all, so why would she be going through all of this unless she needed him for something. Ignoring all the questions he had, Qian Yu gave a simple answer, “We met him but we didn’t really talk. He only gave us our rewards before we were sent out.”

Hearing his words, the woman’s brow moved a little, unnoticed by Qian Yu while she stared directly at him. Afterwards, she continued, “Alright then, let’s talk about business. First off, the legendary techniques you have. A couple months ago, you received a technique on lightning laws. Unfortunately, I am not interested in that. However, what technique did you receive from Liu Wang?”

‘She knows about what happened in the winter hunt? Hmm, looks like Bai Jia didn’t tell me everything…’ Qian Yu pondered for a bit before focusing on the main problem, ‘So she wants the legendary cultivation technique?’ 

To be honest, he didn’t mind if she wanted the cultivation technique as he would obviously receive benefits from it. He had read the first part of the cultivation technique and it wasn’t useful to him anyways. However, Qian Yu didn’t answer her as he first asked, “Why are we going through all of this and what did you do with Tao Wei?” 

The woman closed her eyes and took a sip of her tea before saying, “While I can just kill you for the technique, I am not inclined to do that due to various reasons, and there is something that I need your help with later. Regarding Tao Wei, he has been observed by a Martial Lord ever since he returned to the sect. If you were to make a move… it wouldn’t end so well.”

‘What!?’ Qian Yu was shocked. ‘They know that I might target him so they are using him as bait. They are even using a Martial Lord to protect him?’ Qian Yu realized he had forgotten an important detail. With a grim face, he asked, “Are they currently searching for me?”

The woman’s countenance didn’t change as she calmly said, “No, they don’t know your appearance. I altered his memory so that you were a clothed masked rogue cultivator. For someone in the qi gathering realm, it is pretty easy for me”. 

‘What!?’ Qian Yu was once again shocked. ‘It seems the rumors of memory reading techniques were true but memory altering as well?’ Qian Yu thought as he looked at the beautiful woman. Firstly, his opinion of her was a seductive and playful vixen. Afterwards, it changed into a serious and calm person. Now, she had once again just shown off how dangerous she could be.

Following that, Qian Yu a question was posed in his mind, “If they think my identity is hidden, why is he being monitored then?” Naturally, if Qian Yu wasn’t worried about his identity being exposed, he would have never taken this risk to eliminate this threat. However, the woman had said that his identity was protected and as such, why would a Martial Lord monitor him then?

Hearing his question, a large smile appeared on the woman as she giggled for the first time since they started eating.

50