Chapter 48
2.1k 1 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Her smile was indeed gorgeous as she said, “It indeed is pretty entertaining. I looked into it and it seems the Martial Lord is Tao Wei’s father. Furthermore, it seems that ever since he has come back, he has been having some problems with trauma or more specifically, an Inner Demon”. 

‘Eh?’ Qian Yu was startled. Remembering their fight, it seemed like Qian Yu had scared Tao Wei too much. ‘As a young inner disciple, he was probably always treated highly due to his talents so he never had any major setbacks before?’ Qian Yu thought.  

All of a sudden, he was defeated miserably by a 2nd stage qi gathering fighter which led him to have inner demons, which were mental obstacles and fear that some cultivators met along cultivation. Obviously dangerous, they would heavily impact a person’s state of mind and make it harder for them to continue to cultivate.

Seeing that his question was answered, Qian Yu finally returned to the woman’s original question. If she was indeed interested, Qian Yu wouldn’t mind selling it as it was a priceless treasure. “The legendary technique that I got from Liu Wang is a technique that awakens the potential of a person’s bloodline,” he said.

“That is indeed a rare and niche technique,” she said after she stopped to think for a minute or two. Sighing, she continued, “Unfortunately, I do not need that. Seems like you should keep it for yourself as it is something fated for yourself. Who knows, you may receive a bloodline inheritance or something in the future”. 

‘Hmm, a bloodline inheritance? Can I even get one since I have a heavenly constitution?’ Qian Yu thought as he heard that. ‘She also seems to be emphasizing fate a lot and is pretty interested in Liu Wang as well. It looks like I could be wrong,’ Qian Yu realized after the interactions they have had so far. 

Thinking thus far, Qian Yu decided to ask about the identity of Liu Wang whose inheritance realm had recently caused him so much trouble, “I am curious about the identity of this Liu Wang. It seems that a lot of people are putting a lot of attention and focus on this matter”.

Hearing his question, she said, “It is true that a lot of the powerhouses have put their focus on this matter. This is mainly due to Liu Wang and his prophetical skills and cultivation technique, Seeing the Stars. However, after the world learned of who had received that cultivation technique the attention has weakened a lot. As for why the powerhouses are focusing on it...” At this point, the woman stopped as she thought about continuing.

However, before she could make up her mind, Qian Yu asked, “Is it due to the Plague?”

The woman was shocked at first before she smiled and said, “Mhm, it seems you are not as oblivious as what many would expect from your strength. It is indeed true that they are worrying about the Plague”.

‘It seems that the people at the apex do know of the incoming danger. Naturally, if someone like me knows about it, they should know it too and can come up with some protective measures if possible’ Qian Yu felt relieved. 

Yet before he could continue thinking, the woman stopped eating as she said, “Alright, let’s talk about the main business now. In the overall picture, you are no doubt a weakling at the qi gathering realm. However, for someone in the qi gathering realm, you are very strong and smart from what I’ve seen.”

“Thank you,” Qian Yu said as he realized she was complimenting him while also reminding him to be humble and not be arrogant.

“Mhm, it’s only an appropriate and realistic remark. As for the business, I would like to commission you to do something for me before you become a Martial Fighter. More specifically, I would like you to take part in an inheritance realm while you can still do so at the late stage of soul foundation. As you know, once a person becomes a Martial Fighter, it is a lot harder to transfer a person into someone else's soul world”. 

‘It seems that’s what she needs?’ Qian Yu thought. However, he still needed to know some more information as he said, “Why are you choosing me? I’m sure there are countless people that are stronger and more talented than me”.

“That is true, however the issue is that I have not found the inheritance realm. I have confidence that I will find it eventually of course. Also, there’s another issue. Think about it. When do people usually first rise to fame and become someone that is at least worthy enough that people keep tabs on?” She asked. 

Qian Yu took a few seconds as he realized and said, “That’s right, when they are at least a Martial Fighter”. When one becomes a Martial Fighter, it means they have mastered the first 4 layers of their cultivation technique so they will have access to at least 5 skills. At this point, fights between cultivators could actually be called real fights and tournaments and stuff exist which could lead to wide fame. 

“Mhm, exactly. As such, it becomes hard to scout out cultivators with potential. Other than that, your background is rather clean besides knowing Bai Jia from the Central Union,” the woman said.

“Huh? You know Bai Jia?” a smile instinctually appeared on Qian Yu’s face as he remembered the beautiful elder sister. Now, he had learned that she was from the Central Union which was just north of the Southern Ice Continent. 

“Mhm, I met her at that winter event of yours. While she does have a strong background, she doesn’t have any power to wield and we aren’t on bad terms which is why you are still a good candidate,” She continued. 

“Can you tell me about her background?” Qian Yu didn’t miss the opportunity to learn more about Bai Jia that was presented in front of him. While he did know about the politics and powers in the Xia Empire, he didn’t really bother to learn more about the rest of the countries throughout the world.

“There’s nothing too complex about her background. The Central Union is a country that doesn’t have a ruling emperor or family. Instead, it is built up of 6 major families that rule over the country. The Bai Family where she is from is one of them families in the Central Union” she explained to him.

‘That indeed is not simple. In a sense, she is similar to Zhao Xieren I guess,’ Qian Yu thought for a bit. “What will I be getting in return for completing the task?” Qian Yu then asked for the most important thing. A legendary cultivation technique was priceless and he knew that it wasn’t easy to put a value on it. 

“I will trade a suitable legendary technique for it,” she said calmly. 

On the other hand, Qian Yu nodded with no complaints in a matter of seconds. Easily, it was a good deal for him. ‘Just what is her background?’ Qian Yu was even getting a little fearful of her background.

“That is fine with me. However, how can I trust you when that time comes? I don’t even know who you are or your name,” Qian Yu complied with the deal, yet he still couldn’t completely trust the woman whose name he did not even know. Even though she did answer a lot of his questions, it didn’t mean she was completely trustworthy, and even more so after knowing how dangerous she could be. 

“You don’t need to worry about that. When the time comes, I will swear an oath to the heavens,” she replied.

‘A heavenly oath? Since I don’t know how a heavenly oath works I should ask sister Bai in the future,’ Qian Yu thought.

 “Alright, that works for me,” Qian Yu nodded as finally felt a little more reassured. 

Just like that, Qian Yu was on his way back from the Wind Temple. While he didn’t accomplish his goal in his own way, the result was the same. His identity would be safe for now and he could finally relax after all the aftermaths of what happened in Liu Wang’s inheritance realm were now settled.

Returning to the Soba Capital, it had been just about a week but nonetheless, the city was becoming livelier as the Soba Festival was coming.

52