Chapter 52
2.2k 7 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

’Hehe, there’s a dead Fanged Salamander here. There’s so many beast cores here, it reminds me of the Snowdrop Flowers from the winter hunt,’ Qian Yu muttered as he looted a couple hundred miles away from the ongoing battle. 

‘Is that a Wolfen Beast!?’ Qian Yu smiled as he saw a gray humanoid wolf on the ground and he started approaching it.

As he was coming closer and was just a feet away from the spiritual beast, Qian Yu noticed a small twitch in the legs of the beast.

“Clang!” Qian Yu was pushed back a few feet as he raised his spear as he blocked the attack from the Wolfen Beast.

Looking at the Wolfen Beast, Qian Yu noticed that while it looked like there was blood on its body, there were no major wounds or injuries. 

‘Playing dead hm?’ Qian Yu instantly thought. While he had seen many uncommon spiritual beasts, none of them were very smart and Qian Yu had started to slowly get used to it. However, the Wolfen Beast was different. As a humanoid beast, it was smarter than the other uncommon ranked spiritual beasts.

“Swoosh!” the Wolfen Beast lunged at QIan Yu with its claws again. 

“Tchh,” Qian Yu dodged the attack as he realized that it wasn’t easy to take down the Wolfen Beast. Without further thought, Qian Yu immediately ran away from the Wolfen Beast. Originally, Qian Yu was planning to set a trap for the Wolfen Beast when he found it but it was too late for that now. 

‘It’s too fast and its attacks are a lot more dangerous,’ Qian Yu thought as he was running from the Wolfen Beast.

Seeing Qian Yu run away, the Wolfen Beast started chasing Qian Yu as if he was its favorite prey. 

“Clang… clang… clang…” The two were running and as the Wolfen Beast came close and launched an attack every time, Qian Yu would dodge or block it before running away again. 

Still after 15 minutes, Qian Yu knew he couldn’t keep this up. 

‘It’s early morning but the sun is already so bright unlike what it would be like back home. I can’t really use the cloak even if there are trees, the density is so low,’ Qian Yu thought as he ran. 

“Clang… clang… clang…” Another 45 minutes passed and the chase was still ongoing. By now Qian Yu was starting to feel a little hopeless as he was accumulating a few small minor wounds. 

‘Do I really need to trade blows?’ Qian Yu smiled wryly as if he was admitting he had no other choice. If the Silverhorned Rhino he had fought the other day had extremely strong defense capabilities, the Wolfen Beast was the opposite. Its body was pretty skinny and fragile making it extremely agile for an uncommon ranked spiritual beast. 

By now, Qian Yu was confident that he could take down the Wolfen Beast if he managed to land a direct hit and use Lightning Spasm. However, it wasn’t easy to do this and as such, Qian Yu was debating between trading blows. If he didn’t want to defend against the Wolfen Beast’s attack, it would be extremely easy to land a direct attack on the Wolfen Beast! Of course, he wouldn’t know how injured he would be. 

Yet as Qian Yu was contemplating what to do while running he saw a large cavern entrance a couple hundred feet away and a smile finally appeared on his face. 

“Clang!” Qian Yu blocked another attack as he took the chance to pick up a large rock and throw it in the air while controlling his power and angle.

‘1, 2, … 12 seconds’ Qian Yu counted from the moment he threw the rock until it hit the ground. 

“Clang!” Qian Yu blocked the last attack as he was finally approaching the entrance of the cave while he picked up another rock of the same size.

“Chase me dumb beast!” Qian Yu yelled as he provoked the beast.

“RAWRR!” the beast roared seeing Qian Yu’s smirk on his smiling face.

Qian Yu was pretty sure it didn’t understand him but it worked nonetheless. Entering the cave, he took out the earth grade Shrouded Cloak artifact and put it on himself while not activating it. 

In a cavern, it was naturally dark with little light as the only things that illuminated the cave were certain species of animals and plants or special rocks. As such, the cloak would be extremely useful here!

Entering the cave, Qian Yu ran for a couple dozen meters before he threw the rock in the air and started counting. Meanwhile, the Wolfen Beast continued to chase him completely accurately as if the dark wasn’t a problem for it.

Naturally, Qian Yu had studied the characteristics of the Wolfen Beast. One of its most important traits was that it had extremely good vision in the dark. 

For Qian Yu, he couldn’t really see well in the dark and since he didn’t have a skill that could help him in that aspect, other than his direct vision, he would have to feel the fluctuations in the qi to sense other things. As someone at the 4th level of the qi gathering realm, his capabilities would be extremely limited in this sense. 

Still, there was enough light that he could see the Wolfen Beast due to the natural illumination of the cave and the fact that they weren’t that far from the entrance of the cave. 

A few seconds after Qian Yu threw the rock in the air, he activated the Shrouded Cloak as he disappeared from the eyes of the Wolfen Beast. 

‘Sure you have good vision in the dark, but can you see me with this earth grade cloak!’ Qian Yu mocked the Wolfen Beast as he slowly approached the Wolfen Beast, simultaneously counting to 12.

Meanwhile, the Wolfen Beast was confused as to how Qian Yu disappeared. It was perfectly normal until now and it was left confused for a few seconds before it started looking around for traces of Qian Yu in the silent cavern. 

‘10… 11.. NOW!’ Qian Yu thought as he lunged forward and punched the Wolfen Beast in front of him.

“Clank!” Just before Qian Yu started his attack, a small sound was made in a direction behind the Wolfen Beast. Turning its head, the Wolfen Beast looked in the direction of the noise but before it could do anything, it felt a fist hit its back. 

“Boom!” an explosion rang out as the Wolfen Beast was sent flying away crashing into the cavern wall. Seeing it fly away, Qian Yu didn’t hesitate to chase after it as he followed up with more Lightning Spasms.

“Boom… boom…” Qian Yu sent another two Lightning Spasms before he confirmed that the spiritual beast was dead. Just like that, the game between the predator and prey was completely flipped. By using the Shrouded Cloak, Qian Yu made the Wolfen Beast confused while setting himself up for a lethal attack. Meanwhile, the sound of the rock could distract the Wolfen Beast and cause it to put down its guard for a small interval allowing Qian Yu to easily land the lethal attack.

‘Phew, I kind of demolished the cave a bit,’ Qian Yu thought as he finished finding the spiritual beast core in the Wolfen Beast’s body as he started looking around the cave.

’Hmm what’s that?’ Qian Yu saw a large purple glowing aura in a new area that appeared after parts of the cavern wall broke down.

42