Chapter 54
1.9k 11 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing Qian Yu laugh maniacally, the 4 legged beast spoke shyly, “Wa-wah-wahhh Why are you laughing!!” 

Yet Qian Yu didn’t answer her for another few seconds as he was still laughing. Calming down, he thought for a bit but didn’t really know what to say as he just did a basic introduction, “Hello, my name is Qian Yu”. This wasn’t what he expected to be his first time interacting with an intellectual spiritual beast. 

“Ahh, so master’s name is Qian Yu,” the 4 legged beast said as it stopped pacing around.

“Huh? Master? Me?” Qian Yu asked suspiciously. 

“Mhm, is there something wrong?” she asked innocently.

“EHHHHHHHH!!!!!!” Qian Yu shouted for a second before he closed his mouth to not be too loud and attract attention. 

After calming down a few seconds, Qian Yu asked, “How am I your master?”

“Ahh. After you fell unconscious I just made a pact between us…” she replied quieter as it finished her sentence.

‘Without my consent?’ Qian Yu noticed but didn’t bother too much as it was probably because he was too weak and there was such a large gap between their powers. Additionally, it seemed willing to enter a spiritual beast pact with him for some reason. Normally, the hardest part of making a contract with a spiritual beast was that the spiritual beast didn’t want to. As such, the easiest ways to have a spiritual beast was to raise your own spiritual beast and grow it or completely dominate it with your power. 

“Why did you enter a pact with me though?” Qian Yu asked. ‘Is it because of my heavenly constitution?’ Qian Yu thought this was the most likely reason. 

“Ahhh, that’s what you mean. Well uhmm, I was kinda injured and like your soul world is very special due to your heavenly constitution and cultivation technique,” she answered him.

‘So she could easily tell that I have a heavenly constitution?’ Qian Yu pondered at the mysterious spiritual beast in front of him. Following that, he asked, “What do you mean by my soul world being special though?” 

“It just has an environment that is suitable for my growth. It feels super nice and cozy when I stay there. It would be perfect once you grow stronger and your soul world develop though since it is mostly dark right now. Oh yeah, I forgot to introduce myself but I am a lightning qilin. I’m not sure if that’s the official name that humans call it though,” she explained. 

“So you are actually a qilin. Shouldn’t you be really strong then?” Qian Yu questioned his spiritual beast as a smile grew on his face. ‘It’s a qilin! I’m so lucky!’ Qian Yu thought to himself.

“Uhh yeah definitely… once I become completely mature at least?” her voice was a little shaky. 

“How strong are you right now then?” Qian Yu asked for a more specific answer.

“Ahem, I am only 25 years old right now and I’m at the rare rank for spiritual beasts level,” she explained. 

“Isn’t that kind of long?” Qian Yu was a little confused. He knew that it would only take an Ice Mountain Tiger a couple years to reach maturity and that it would no doubt take longer for a beast like a lightning qilin. However, at this rate, it would take another couple decades for it to reach maturity. 

“W-well. It’s not my fault! I-I-I never got a chance to grow well. When I was still a baby, I had to run away from common ranked spiritual beasts. After I grew up a little more, I had to start running away from uncommon grade spiritual beasts. Now, I’m getting chased by rare ranked spiritual beasts,” the voice was getting shakier and shakier. 

Finally, it quietly said, “E-e-ever since I was young… I have always been alone. I don’t even know anything about my parents besides the fact that they were being chased as well”. 

‘Sigh’ Hearing her words, Qian Yu sighed inwardly as he remembered Sun Hong. Comparing the two, they had both pretty much grown up alone. Yet one was a human while the other was a spiritual beast. 

Seeing the current situation, Qian Yu decided to be a little more caring as a master asking her, “Are you injured?” 

“Ahh kinda. I’m a little injured right now and there’s some poison that I managed to suppress for now,” the qilin replied as it returned to its previous cheerful mood. 

“Alright then, do you have a name?” Qian Yu asked.

“Nope, I never got one. There was never a need for one…” she said as her tone started becoming sad again. 

Sighing inwardly, he rubbed his forehead as he thought of a name. Finally, he said, “How about Tian Xinyi. Tian for sky and Xinyi for harmony”. Furthermore, it also reminded him of Tian Wei. 

“Tian Xinyi… that sounds fine,” the qilin repeated as she nodded. 

As Qian Yu was wondering if he needed to know anything else, he remembered an important part, “Oh yeah, one last thing. How can I summon you if I need to?” He didn’t really know much about what spiritual beasts and how it worked as he wasn’t planning to get a spiritual beast any time. Suddenly, this situation had left him clueless. Besides that, he wasn’t even at the soul foundation realm yet and couldn’t even look into what his soul world was. 

“That’s not a problem. You can just call my name and I will respond or appear,” Tian Xinyi explained.

“Ahh alright, then- grrrowwl,” QIan Yu was talking as his stomach growled. Smiling he said, “Alright, let’s get some food then.”

A couple minutes later, Qian Yu was back inside the room with some food on the table and ground. On the table, a bowl of ox bone soup, a plate of strips of meat and a bowl of rice appeared. Meanwhile on the ground, there was a large bowl of ox bone soup as well and a large plate of grilled pork ribs. 

Qian Yu didn’t know what type of food Tian Xinyi ate but he was confident she would like the food unless it was a vegetarian. Seeing the food on the ground, Tian Xinyi said, “Uhmm, is this for me master?” 

“Mhm, have you ever tried human food?” Qian Yu asked. 

“Nope, I’ve always eaten raw food *gulp*,” she replied. Yet before Qian Yu could say anything more, she started eating before he started copying her as well. 

In a couple of minutes, the duo finished their food as Qian Yu looked at the qilin and asked, “How was it?”

“T-th-this is human food?!” she replied.

“Mhm, hehe” Qian Yu laughed.

“Master, can I make a request?” she shyly asked.

“Hmm, what’s up?” Qian Yu replied wondering what she needed.

“Uhm, can I eat more food like this in the future?” she happily asked.

“Mhm of course,” Qian Yu was relieved it was something simple. It was also a pretty good idea for her to get some more exposure to the human world as well. While she was technically older than him, she was still pretty immature due to the lack of social interaction she had being all alone. 

“Thank you master!” she exclaimed happily. 

Looking at it however, Qian Yu noticed an issue. “Your size might be an issue though even if you’re currently only around 3 feet,” he stated the issue. 

“Hmph, don’t worry master!” she said confidently as her body started glowing purple. In a matter of seconds, her body started shrinking visibly. 

“...” Qian Yu stared in shock at the small creature on the floor that he could pick up and hold with his two hands. Smiling, he bent down as he picked up the spiritual beast with his two hands before bringing it up closer to him to see. Observing her, he noticed that the scales on her body disappeared while the horns were now just two small bumps on her head.

“Hehehe, I’m pretty cool huh master?” Tian Xinyi giggled. 

“Mhm, indeed,” Qian Yu laughed as he agreed.

45