Chapter 56
1.8k 4 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile in the Xia Capital of the Xia Empire, Southern Ice Continent.

A middle aged woman said as she handed over a gift, “Little Jia, I prepared a present for you. When you’re ever feeling lost and helpless, you can open it and hopefully it’ll make you feel better haha”.

“Anyways, is something wrong little Jia?” she asked.

“Huh? Sorry about that Master Zhao. I was just thinking of something,” Bai Jia said as she looked down at the drink.

“I love this tea so much, it really does feel refreshing. You seem a little sad and less cheerful than the last time you visited me a couple months ago, so it’ll look like my present will help you hehe,” the woman laughed as she drank her tea.

“It’s nothing really,” Bai Jia sighed.

“Perhaps I may be right in thinking that you are thinking of the boy I recommended you to teach?” Miss Zhao asked.

“Ahem ahem what?” Bai Jia almost choked on her tea as she heard her.

“Am I right?” she asked.

“Hmph,” Bai Jia just snorted as she didn’t say anything.

"Looks like I’m right,” Miss Zhao smiled.

“Miss Zhao, you are so smart. It’s a shame you didn’t get to cultivate early on otherwise I feel like you would be a legendary figure. You have such high medical expertise despite having such a nonexistent cultivation level,” Bai Jia sighed.

“Hahaha, I never liked cultivating really. Anyways, my little girl has talked about him a lot as well prior to what had happened a few months ago. I wish that I was able to talk to her more and give her more time but she went into closed cultivation so fast. I hope she’s fine,” Miss Zhao sighed.

Putting her hand out, Miss Zhao placed them on Bai Jia’s hands as she said, “I know you feel indebted to me for when I saved you in the past. However, just forget about me and my daughter when it comes to your personal feelings.”

“I don’t know how I feel about him! I think about him pretty often and there are days where I unconsciously make extra food thinking he’ll visit,” Bai Jia said as she angrily drank all her tea.

“What do you mean you don’t know. You clearly know what that means then you little girl,” Miss Zhao said as she motioned a servant to bring her another pot of tea.

“Fine fine. I admit it,” Bai Jia gave up.

“Here you go madam,” the servant said as she brought the pot of tea over.

“Thank you,” Miss Zhao nodded as she took the pot.

“Sigh, you are too passive,” Miss Zhao sighed as she poured Bai Jia another cup.

“Let me tell you. From my own experience, I had to go grab my husband by the neck, confess to him, and stick on him like glue for him to accept me,” Miss Zhao laughed as she remembered her younger self.

“Aiyah, I can’t do that like you. Besides, that’s not the thing though. Qian Yu is very young right now and he’s in the most important part of his life. He’s in his prime and cultivating should be his most important priority. Love and relationships can wait until he becomes strong enough,” Bai Jia argued back.

“I’m not saying you should be like me of course. What if he comes back with a girl in his arms eh?” Miss Zhao said.

“T-that’s not… impossible,” Bai Jia had to admit it.

“You are indeed right though and as someone who never cultivated until my later years, I forgot about that. However, you are really reserved in that aspect though. Normally, you are pretty open minded but hmph, you’re so conservative in this aspect it reminds me of my own family,” Miss Zhao said as she started going on a tangent.

“Just thinking about how my little girl has so much expectations of her from the family and due to our status as nobles hurts my heart, damn it. Even though I can persuade my husband, he always gets pressured by his siblings and the rest of the family. She didn’t even want to be a leader for the outer court disciples but she just went along with it due to everyone else. She was so stressed out and had to waste so much time worrying about what to do. If only I thought of your excuse of her focusing on cultivating instead of leadership skills, then maybe I could have a better argument. I can’t wait for her to become a Martial Fighter and get out of this hellhole,” Miss Zhao angrily said as she listed out grievances.

“Madam, please refrain from saying such things so openly,” the servant nearby bowed and said.

“She’ll be leaving the continent after she becomes a Martial Fighter?” Bai Jia asked. 

“Yes, we, well my husband, managed to get a sect overseas to accept her and this thing is actually the only thing she’s been looking forward to. I guess deep inside, she wants to spread her wings as well,” Miss Zhao explained.

“What is the sect called?” Bai Jia asked.

“It’s related to music or something and it’s in the Western Continent. You know me, I don’t know much about these sects and their names and stuff,” Miss Zhao laughed.

“Wow, I’m really impressed. It’s a small sect but it has very high prestige. You should be really happy hehe,” Bai Jia nodded and laughed. 

“Ahem ahem. Anyways, where were we? Ah yes. It’s important that he focuses on cultivating. But a few things here and there don't matter right? I’m just saying you need to at least show him signs that you are interested in him or make him interested in you,” Miss Zhao returned to the main topic as she started lecturing.

“What do you even do for him?” Miss Zhao asked.

“Uhm… I cook for him… pay him a bit with sect points… teach him some stuff…” Bai Jia said.

“Exactly, nothing! What you are doing is too conservative!” Miss Zhao said.

“What do you mean I’m too conservative. What else should I do then?” Bai Jia was on the verge of losing it.

“Ahem ahem. Shall I talk about a different topic rather than medicine today?” a smile appeared on Miss Zhao’s face.

“Yes, yes, I give up! You do you,” Bai Jia gave in.

“It’s a simple matter really. First off. What you are doing right now is good. It’s very supportive and no man wouldn’t appreciate that. What man wouldn’t like you! However, it creates a big problem since he doesn’t know how you feel about him. So, what you need to do is do something that shows that you are interested in him,” Miss Zhao said.

Continuing she said, “One thing is very simple. Especially for younger males, they simply can’t resist beauties. If you dress more pretty and show off your body more...”

“I know, I don’t even need to dress up, everyone stares at me anyways and he does too,” Bai Jia cut her off as she said.

“Alright, if you’ve already done appearances, you need to go to the next step which is to simulate what couples do like giving him some physical comfort like hugs or feeding him food when you cook,” Miss Zhao said.

“Ugh, that’s so weird…” Bai Jia said with a disgusted face.

“To be honest, I was just joking haha. It doesn’t really fit you actually. I don’t really see that happening unless you two have mutually confirmed your feelings for some reason. I’m not quite sure why though. Hahaha, you should just be like me and be more straightforward and forceful,” Miss Zhao started thinking of the reason behind her hunch.

“Master, you’re crazy. How do you even come up with these ideas,” Bai Jia felt tired as she continued listening to Miss Zhao.

“Hmm, cultivators are human too. They strive for power but they have their own feelings as well. Throughout my life, I have gotten requests from people who have had severe heart problems. Most of the time, it’s a broken heart and I’ve gotten used to treating these diseases and issues haha,” Miss Zhao laughed.

“Huh? I’m surprised that actually happens. Ok, anyways, I’m going. It was good seeing you,” Bai Jia said as she stood up and hugged Miss Zhao before leaving with the present.

A few minutes after she left Miss Zhao had an enlightenment, “Oh right, does she copy me and call the boy little sometimes? That must be the reason why that scene earlier doesn’t fit in my head. Her mouth is the issue! The boy would think that little Jia doesn’t see him as a man since she probably just calls him little every now and then… Well, I hope she figures it out by herself.”


Meanwhile, a ship had just arrived in Northern Star City.

“Damn, this one’s heavy, I wonder what’s in it,” a man said as he moved a wooden box from the ship to the dock before leaving to go to the next one.

*Bop!* As he left, the top of the crate was broken as a girl in dark red hair appeared.

“Damn that ship was smelly… How am I heavy as well? You’re so weak compared to Qian Yu” she muttered.

“Finally, I’m here. The Southern Ice Continent,” she said as she looked upwards at the snowing sky.

47