Chapter 58
1.9k 9 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Without further ado, we will be moving towards the next part of the auction, slaves!’ the hostess smiled as the spectators couldn’t wait to see the slave girls to be sold. 

“There will only be 10 sold today, and all of them come from various backgrounds and talents. Yet what they all have in common will be their peerless beauty. Now, first we have a 16 year old girl at the 4th stage of qi gathering. She is from the Eastern Islands Alliance,” she announced as a young girl walked onto the stage wearing a plain white robe.

Qian Yu looked down at the stage and even though it was far away, he could easily see that she was a peerless beauty on par with Bai Jia and Zhao Xieren. Looking at her, Qian Yu could see that she was scared yet there was a fleeing trace of hope in her eyes.

‘Wonder how much she’ll go for?’ Qian Yu thought as he had no intention to bid in this one. Since she was the first one, it would give him a general grasp on how much and when he should bid. Additionally, while she was just a little bit less talented than Zhao Xieren, she was still too young and lower in cultivation than him which would be less beneficial to him when cultivating as their quantity and quality of qi would be lower. 

“30 stones!” an eager voice sounded out before it was quickly followed up by another one.

“Hahaha, what a young beauty. My family could use a young servant like her. 35 spirit stones,” a middle aged voice resounded out from a nearby booth. 

‘That’s to be expected,’ Qian Yu thought as he was already prepared for that. 

“Heh, a young girl. 40 spirit stones,” an uncomfortable voice was heard.

Hearing it, Qian Yu noticed a subtle change in the girl’s expression as he saw traces of disgust and fear. Likely, she knew her fate if she landed in the hands of that voice’s owner.

“You’re a stinky old man. 45 spirit stones,” the middle aged voice didn’t back down.

“Haha, fuck you too. 50 spirit stones,” the creepy voice laughingly said.

“60 stones,” there was no change in expression of the middle aged voice. 

“...” The creepy voice didn’t say anything as he went silent. Following that silence, the auctioneer continued, “Will that be all everyone? Once again, there will only be 10 beauties today... Well then sold!”

‘60 gold coins for the first one…’ Qian Yu sighed inwardly. This was 6000 gold coins! He only managed to get just 220 spirit stones due to luck really and today, his wallet was going to take a big hit.

“Next up, we have a girl from the Southern Ice continent. 16 and at the 5th stage of qi gathering…” the auctioneer continued.

Following that it wasn’t until the 5th girl that Qian Yu started bidding. 

‘Master, let’s just pick this one and get it over with,’ Tian Xinyi said. 

“Hmm, alright, this is a good time,”  Qian Yu agreed as the announcer continued.

With a loud voice, she said, “Next is another girl from the Eastern Islands Alliance. She is 18 and at the 9th stage of qi gathering.” 

A beautiful girl walked onto the stage. Even with her plain clothing, it couldn’t suppress the aura and beauty of the long silver haired girl. On her face, there was a small cute beauty mark under her right eye further encapsulating her beauty.

‘18 at the 9th stage of qi gathering huh…? Sun Hong really is talented,’ Qian Yu had compared everybody here to Sun Hong who was 19 and at the late stage of soul foundation. There was furthermore Bai Jia who was 20 and already a Martial Fighter. As for her specific level and how she was progressing with her second technique, he didn’t know that.

9th stage of qi gathering was good enough for Qian Yu. While it obviously wouldn’t be as efficient as cultivating with Sun Hong, it was good.

‘Those eyes though…’ Yet what intrigued Qian Yu the most were her eyes. Though beautiful as they were, Qian Yu saw that they were completely different from the previous girls. Along with how they were acting, they were all nervous under the stares of everyone there. However, this girl seemed much less nervous and more notably, calm as if she was just silently praying.

“40 spirit stones,” one voice shouted.

“HOLY CRAP, A SILVER HAIRED GIRL, 50 SPIRIT STONES!” a young voice shouted out.

“Please refrain from shouting too loud, little boy. 55 stones,” an older voice said.

“Nah old man. 70 spirit stones” the young voice said casually.

“Y-y-you. What did you-” the old voice was saying before he was cut off.

“80 spirit stones,” Qian Yu said as he enhanced his body with qi before shouting out. 

“Hmph, what young master are you? Name yourself!” the young voice shouted across the room at Qian Yu. Even though Qian Yu did try to alter his voice, it was still easy to see that it was a rather young voice. 

‘Haha, why are you even talking… Do you think I would even answer you?’ Qian Yu laughed as he just ignored the voice.

“Y-y-you! 90 spirit stones” the young voice said as it was finally his turn to be angry.

Seeing it, the previous older voice laughed saying, “Hahaha, bastard how you like that”.

“100 spirit stones,” Qian Yu didn’t back down. Previously, the bids had jumped up to 100 spirit stones already so this was something Qian Yu expected. The later bids would only be more costly.

“110 spirit stones. JUST BACK OFF!” the young voice yelled out again.

Still, Qian Yu was merciless as he pretended he never heard anything, “120 spirit stones”

“YOU FUCKER!!! WHY… why did I go to that brothel yesterday...” the young voice was enraged again as he yelled out for a bit before his voice quieted down. 

‘Hopefully no one else bids?’ Qian Yu prayed.

“Will that be all?” the auctioneer as she waited a couple more seconds. “Going once… going twice… Well then. Sold!”

‘Phew’ Qian Yu was relieved as a smile appeared on his face. “First step done I guess,” Qian Yu muttered.

Still the auction wasn’t done. Following the slaves section of the auction, the next part of the auctions were artifacts. Specifically, mortal grade artifacts for now. 

‘100 spirit stones left, wonder if I can buy anything. Probably not huh…’ Qian Yu thought. 

Indeed he was right as the first item was auctioned off. 

“For our first artifact, we have a protective amulet that can block an attack from anyone under the Martial Fighter realm. You will need to recharge it with qi to replenish it after activation” she announced as she brought out a beautiful golden amulet showing it to the audience.

Unlike before, this immediately brought an uproar as massive amount of people started bidding.

“90 spirit stones!”

“100 spirit stones!”

… Soon, the item was sold for 200 spirit stones. 

‘Well there goes that plan,’ Qian Yu thought. Still, it was pretty interesting to watch and expand his horizons.

Two hours later, dozens of mortal grade artifacts were sold with the highest price reaching several hundreds of spirit stones. Following that, the auction moved onto selling herbs and plants which were completely out of Qian Yu’s imagination. Especially so, when plants that Qian Yu had never heard of were sold for up to 500 spirit stones. Finally, the last portion of the auction were actually earth grade artifacts. Easily, they managed to rack up thousands of spirit stones. 

Thinking about the cloak in his spatial ring, Qian Yu felt pretty smug. ‘Am I a rich young master now hehe?’

45