Chapter 76
1.6k 5 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author’s Note: Friday’s break was nice, gave me quite some time to slow down and be relaxed. Anyways, some more info on the volume and plans. Volume 3 is titled, “Calm Before the Storm”, representing a somewhat more peaceful life for the MC before his life gets more chaotic. Once again, the volume will mainly focus on the girls and not only his strength, but also status.


Volume 3 - Calm Before the Storm

*Bam* A ship had made its way into the harbor as it prepared to settle down, dropping its anchor and alerting the passengers that their journey together had ended.

Qian Yu stretched as he got off the boat, his face with a warm and gentle expression as he saw the dock and felt the cool, yet refreshing wind currents. Months had passed but the dock was the same. A less busy and crowded dock compared to the likes of the Soba Empire, the dock with peaceful and quiet waves exuded a calm atmosphere, fitting for the Southern Ice Continent, a small and peaceful continent in the southernmost part of the world.

By the side, Zhen Yue held out her hand, letting some of the small specs of powdery snow fall into her hand. Bringing it close to her face, she fascinatedly watched as it slowly melted within the grasp of her hand, a novel phenomenon to her. 

Suddenly, she felt someone’s powerful stare directed at her as her cheeks grew flushed, “Is something wrong master?”

“Just appreciating beauty,” Seeing Zhen Yue gesture’s earlier, Qian Yu was completely mesmerized by the scene. Her silvery white hair slightly dancing from the wind, it was as if an ice goddess had appeared.

“Ahem, anyways, shall we get going?” Zhen Yue tried to be serious, yet the smile was still plastered on her face.

“Let’s take a break today and travel tomorrow. It’ll take a week or so to get back to the sect. Alright, I’ll show you around!” Qian Yu said as he grabbed Zhen Yue’s hand.

“Ok, calm down master, we have so much time hehe,” Zhen Yue laughed as she was pulled along to explore the city.

Like that, a week passed, and soon, Qian Yu was in front of the sect. Qian Yu looked forward at the gate entrances. 4 months ago, he was at the 1st stage of qi gathering when he left. Now, he was a 7th stage qi gathering cultivator. 

“Did you think of what you are going to tell the other girls yet?” Zhen Yue wondered about his plans. 

Qian Yu shrugged with a sense of hopelessness, “For now, I won’t say anything. It's been a long time since I’ve seen them so I don’t want to ruin their moods. I’ll tell them when the time comes up.”

“I’ll see you in a week or so. Now that I won’t be taking up all of your time, you should focus on ascending to the soul foundation stage. I’m surprised you reached proficiency in the technique so fast.” Qian Yu gave Zhen Yue a hug. Of course, there was no way Qian Yu could bring in Zhen Yue who was considered an outsider. As such, it was decided that she would stay outside the sect at an inn while Qian Yu would visit her once every week. 

“Mmm, all that fighting during the spiritual beast horde helped a lot. It might also be easier for me since it’s related to my bloodline or something. Anyways, don’t worry about me master,” Zhen Yue gave Qian Yu a quick embrace.

“Alright, I’ll go now,” Qian Yu said.

His robes white, Qian Yu didn’t hesitate to finally step back into the sect as he saw white robed cultivators everywhere. He had spent a short but memorable time here as an outer court disciple. Now, it was time for him to enter the inner court, something he was looking forward to.

Hastily walking, Qian Yu reached the mission center.

“Hello Elder Li, this is disciple Qian Yu dispatched to the Soba Empire,” Qian Yu spoke rapidly as he bowed.

“Hohoho, it is indeed you. Welcome back, you have made the sect proud. We are a small sect when compared to the other two major sects who are less picky about their disciples. We don’t usually expect much from the outer court cultivators when they do these missions but it turns out you even participated in defending the people from the beast horde. You should be proud,” Elder Li wholeheartedly laughed. 

“Ahh, that…” Qian Yu's face grew dark for a second, yet it regained his color quickly, “It was nothing big. It was a good opportunity to earn money and become stronger anyways.”

“Alright, alright, you don’t have to be so humble. Girls like confident men don’t they? Hahaha,” Elder Li spoke as if he was reliving his past. Unlike before the quiet and stoic elder seemed to be more friendly and hold him in higher regard. 

“Elder, about becoming an inner court disciple, what do I need to do now?” Qian Yu impatiently pulled the man back to reality. 

“Hmm? There’s nothing too big about it. You think there’s a ceremony or something again haha? I’ll have a disciple or someone send a message to one of the elders in the inner court, and you can go find that elder whenever you are free in the afternoon and then you can move into the inner court,” Elder Li started writing a letter, presumably to be sent to the inner court elder.. 

“Alright, thank you elder. I will do as you say and head to the inner court in a couple of hours then,” Qian Yu said as he immediately left the building in a hurry.

In a matter of minutes, Qian Yu finally arrived in front of a certain building. Entering the medical hall, Qian Yu took a deep breath as we smelled the fragrant yet memorable herbs in the building. 

“Smells like home,” Qian Yu said. All his life, he had been around herbs. In the village as the local clinic and in the sect, at the medical hall. It was only during his travel to the Soba Empire that he wasn’t around herbs. 

“Hello? Who are you? Are you injured?” A squeaky voice was heard from the side.

Qian Yu turned his head as he saw a girl at the receptionist desk, Gu Zan’s replacement. “Hahaha, no, I’m fine. I’m here to meet Elder Bai,” Qian Yu smiled at her.

“Elder Bai? She didn’t say she had an appointment to meet with anyone today?” The girl’s eyes stared at the ceiling for a few seconds, searching through her memories. 

Then, a frown appeared, “Hmph? Are you one of those suitors? I’m telling you, Elder Bai is very cold and if you waste her time, she’ll kick you out!” 

“Hehehe, we’ll see about that,” Qian Yu laughed as he ignored her and went up the stairs.

“Y-you!” the girl exclaimed seeing Qian Yu just ignored her.

*Knock knock* Qian Yu’s heart was palpitating as he tapped on the office doors.

*Click* After a few seconds, the door unlocked, a melodious voice started talking, “Lai Ming, is there a patient or so-”.

There appeared a woman a few years senior to Qian Yu. Her wavy brown hair drooped down to her waist with a caring smile and moist eyes on her beautiful face. Her clothing was currently a bit disorganized however. 

“Hello sister, are you going to let me come in?” Qian Yu said with a smile on his face. 

Her smile grew wider. “Come, come. About time you came back, boy!” she beckoned him in.

“Haha, I’m sorry Sister Bai!” Qian Yu said as he entered the office and started looking around, noticing that everything looked the same. The books, chairs, desk, were just like he remembered, as if he was here yesterday. 

As he was looking around, Qian Yu felt a pair of arms wrap around him, over his shoulder. “Hmph, look at you! It’s only been like 4 months but you’re already at the 7th stage of qi gathering! I knew you were a hard worker! This elder sister is so proud of you hehe!” Bai Jia gave him a quick embrace. It was unlike the ones with Zhen Yue or Sun Hong, but nonetheless, a hug.

The short hug filled Qian Yu’s heart with an uneasy sense of happiness. Naturally, he felt happy that Bai Jia suddenly hugged him but it was a rather uncharacteristic move by her.

“Hahaha, Ahem! I guess you can say I’ve been diligent,” Qian Yu laughed. Technically, he wasn’t wrong but the two just had different ideas in mind.

Coming up close, Bai Jia stared at Qian Yu as she said, “But why does it feel like you’ve changed, like you’ve become more mature?” 

‘Is this female intuition?!’ Qian Yu didn’t dare look her in the eye.

Putting one hand on his cheek, she pulled his cheek. “Is little Qian Yu gone?” she had a rather serious countenance.

“Ahem uhh, what does Sister Bai mean by that?” Qian Yu started sweating. “You know, you can experience plenty of things when travelling, and there were some hardships,” Qian Yu’s expression was a little sour. 

Yet Qian Yu didn’t drell on the past for too long. “I’m just glad I managed to come back in one piece so I can see you and continue eating your food,” Qian Yu smiled now as he looked at her. 

Bai Jia noticed the change in Qian Yu’s expression. “Hahaha, I was just kidding. I’ve missed you too,” she gave him a warm smile. 

“Here, lemme grab some snacks and drinks and we can go talk about it,” Bai Jia disappeared into her kitchen.

‘Master! Can I join in on the fun?’ Tian Xinyi started talking in his head.

‘Not now…’ Qian Yu sighed.

Meanwhile, outside Bai Jia’s office, a girl was still in shock. ‘Did Elder Bai invite a man into her office? He’s been in there for a while now. What are they doing!’ She looked at the door, her thoughts wandering aimlessly.

33