Chapter 82
1.3k 4 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What happened? I zoned out and missed it…” “Yeah, same. It just happened too quickly!” a few disciples muttered. 

“Disciple, you must be new at the inner court. What is your name?” the elder asked. He didn’t know or care about whether Qian Yu was new or not. However, the rest of the disciples did and as such, it was his job. 

“Yes Elder, I am new in the inner court. Disciple is named Qian Yu,” Qian Yu said as he bowed.

“Good job,” he nodded as he went to help the other disciple. 

“Thank you Elder,” Qian Yu said as he headed back to where Zhao Xieren was. 

As he did, he felt the stares of countless other disciples looking at him and their words entered his ears.

“Hehe, he’s handsome and strong.” “Since he’s new, he probably doesn’t know anyone right?” “Hmph, I’m stronger and better looking than him!” They started talking.

‘What is this feeling? Is this what it’s like to be popular? It’s actually kind of annoying,’’ Qian Yu felt as if everyone was trying to see through him and his secrets. Compared to the little brat at the medical hall who was immature, these gazes held too many different opinions and meanings, sending a shiver down his spine.

“Alright up next, how about you two,” the elder said as he pointed to 2 other disciples. This time, they were in the early soul foundation stage. 

“Hehe, look at you. How do you feel?” Zhao Xieren tried to keep her voice low.

“The fight was nice but afterwards, it was different. Not really a fan of the attention,” Qian Yu said. This time, he only fought because he was picked on and additionally, it would have felt bad if he lost in front of Zhao Xieren. 

“Really? I agree with you too, to be honest. It’s tiresome attracting too much attention,” Zhao Xieren laughed.

The fights continued for another hour before the elder dismissed everyone. Getting lunch, the two sat down at a random table.

“Did you learn a lot today?” Zhao Xieren asked. 

“Yes, it was pretty beneficial,” Qian Yu nodded. In particular, information was always important and getting updates and random bits of knowledge once a week was very nice.

Before they could continue talking, they heard a few footsteps approaching them.

“Hello! Is this junior brother Qian?” Qian Yu heard some voices from behind.

Turning his head, Qian Yu saw a group of girls approaching him.

“Ahem, junior brother greets senior sisters,” Qian Yu respectfully and cautiously said as he looked back. Looking at their cultivation bases, none of them were really that weak as they all hovered around the same stage as Qian Yu.

“Junior brother Qian is so polite. Do you two mind if we sit here?” one of them asked.

Qian Yu didn’t say anything as he looked at Zhao Xieren and saw her brows furrow. Taking a deep breath, she sighed, “Fine, go ahead.”

“Thank you sister,” one of them said as the three of them started sitting down. 

“You can call me senior sister Su,” a girl said as she sat down to Qian Yu’s left

“Senior sister Wu here,” another girl smiled as she sat down to Qian Yu’s right.

“And I’m senior sister Cao,” the third girl introduced herself as she sat down next to Zhao Xieren who was on the opposite side of the table. 

“Junior brother, you were amazing today!” sister Su said.

“Mhm, when you dodged the attack and launched your own attack, it was dazzling!” sister Wu said. 

“No one expected that!” sister Cao continued.

“Anyways, brother Qian, where are you from? Sister Wu asked.

“I am from humble origins,” Qian Yu acted humble. ‘They will probably stop bothering me if I don’t have a good background right? For once, it’s good to have no background!’ Qian Yu believed inwardly. 

“Really? Brother Qian, you must be lying. You are so talented for someone so young!” Sister Cao said as she mistook him to be a few years younger than herself.

“Ahem, junior brother, I'm more impressed by your handsome looks. Those noble boys aren’t anything compared to you,” sister Su said as she leaned over.

*Bom* Qian Yu felt his arm touch something soft. As he looked to the side, he saw sister Su’s ample chest touching his arm. 

‘This isn’t good…’ Qian Yu glanced at Zhao Xieren who was watching them.

“Junior brother, you have some rice on your robes,” sister Cao said as she leaned over the table to pick a grain of rice off Qian Yu’s robe. As she did, she made sure her robes were loose enough, allowing Qian Yu to see just a bit inside her robes.

*Clang* a noise rang out as Qian Yu stood up and put his chopsticks down. “Senior sisters, we will excuse ourselves first, please continue eating,” Qian Yu said as he stood up and went over to Zhao Xieren’s side. 

“Let’s go,” he said as he grabbed her hand.

“Huh, what?” Zhao Xieren yelled.

“Brother Qian?” sister Wu exclaimed. 

Yet Qian Yu didn’t look back as he held Zhao Xieren’s hand as he headed towards their residences.

“Who’s that girl anyways?” sister Cao angrily said as she stared at the two leave.

“Sure she’s just a bit stronger than us but her chest is so small it’s almost flat as a washboard,” sister Wu angrily said.

“She looks a little familiar though, but I don’t remember who she is though,” sister Su stared at them trying to remember.

A few minutes later, Qian Yu was still holding on to Zhao Xieren’s hand.

“Qian Yu, you can let go now,” Zhao Xieren said after the two had traveled a decent distance.

“Oh right, sorry,” Qian Yu apologized. He was still a little annoyed by those girls. It reminded him of Wang Meilin, that dangerous woman. More importantly though, Zhao Xieren was feeling better and more happy during and after class but now, they had ruined it.

“Why’d you leave? You could have just stayed,” Zhao Xieren’s countenance was gloomy.  

“Why would I do that? I’m a lot closer with you than them right? They were bothering us anyways,” Qian Yu said. 

“...” Zhao Xieren stayed quiet as she couldn’t find anything to refute it. 

Silently, the two continued walking back to their mountain.

“Good night,” Qian Yu said as he waved to Zhao Xieren.

*Clang* In response, Zhao Xieren didn’t say anything as she just closed her door.

‘Crap, is she mad?’ Qian Yu sighed as he went inside. 

Meanwhile in the other pavilion, Zhao Xieren was rolling on her bed.

‘AHHHH! I’m so jealous of those girls,’ she screamed inwardly and touched her chest. 

Hugging a pillow she continued, ‘I’m glad Qian Yu turned them down but...’

Yet with a sigh, she put the pillow over her face. All she could think about in her head was her obstinance in not surrendering had caused Qian Yu to fall down the cliff. It played over and over in her head.

30