Chapter 120
726 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

By the time Bai Jia finished explaining, a loud voice reverberated through the mansion, “Hello and welcome everyone, it’s my pleasure to have everyone attending this banquet of mine.” 

Turning his gaze to the center of the main banquet hall, Qian Yu realized it belonged to none other than the crown prince, Xia Shuren. Other than that, the banquet seemed to be completely packed with about 100 people in the main hall and about 25 others in each of the smaller side rooms. 

“Thank you for your patience, the food is ready to be served now,” he said as he clapped his hands. 

*Zit!* Yet as he clapped his hands, the lights, which were powered by formations and arrays, suddenly turned off. 

“What?” “What’s going on?” *Bop!* the sounds of doors opening were heard amidst the commotion and confusion that had broken out from the sudden darkness.

*BOOOM!* A large explosion instantly occurred in the main hall. 

“Ah!” *Swish!* Yells screamed out as the sounds of fighting started. 

“An enemy attack?!” Qian Yu yelled. It had been completely normal but in the span of a few seconds, everything changed. 

“We’ll talk later, get ready to fight!” Bai Jia said as she took out her saber.

*Clang!* Instantly, a black clothed individual appeared before them and attacked Bai Jia with his sword. 

A worried look appeared on Qian Yu’s face as he looked around, realizing he could barely see, other than when someone used a martial skill that had light to it. It was currently night time and the clouds were dense today, blocking out the moonlight. 

‘Can you see anything?’ Qian Yu summoned Tian Xinyi as they backed up further into the corner of the room. 

‘Yes, my night vision is pretty good. Half the people in the room are assassins. They are all Martial Fighters!’ Tian Xinyi quickly relayed. 

‘Above master!’ suddenly she yelled as she shot out a bolt of purple lightning. 

*Boom!* the lightning collided into the target as Tian Xinyi immediately started fighting with the unknown assassin. 

“Qian Yu! What do we do!” Zhao Xieren ran up. By her side, Jiang Hai was anxious as well. 

Qian Yu didn’t answer her as he looked around. The walls had already collapsed and there were some holes and breaks in the roof leading to the second floor. From afar, he could hear and feel the shockwaves from the battle in the main banquet hall. 

‘Should we escape?’ Qian Yu turned towards the area with the broken windows and holes in the wall. 

‘But what if there are more assassins lurking outside?’ Qian Yu bit his teeth and shook his head. 

“Stay calm for now. It’s best if we can stall since reinforcement should be coming,” Qian Yu refused to believe that what had happened wasn’t noticed. It was the capital of the country after all, an attack like this couldn’t last very long.

‘Good thing Xinyi was just recently healed otherwise she wouldn’t be able to fight…’ Qian Yu thought as he took out the earth grade Shrouded Cloak. Fortunately, this artifact was useful against Martial Fighters who was swarming the place tonight.

‘Xinyi, I’ll help you out so just coordinate with me,’ he thought to her as he vanished into the night. 

‘Alright, master, can you negate an attack from a Martial Fighter? I will be able to launch a surprise attack if the timing is right,’ Tian Xinyi replied. 

‘Hmm, it’ll be risky. Are you confident in your attacks?’ Qian Yu asked. The two had long been together but it was only now that they realized they had never really fought alongside each other. 

‘Yes, if I can land a direct hit I’m sure I can kill him. Don’t underestimate me now that I’ve fully recovered!’ she reassured him. 

‘Let’s do it then,’ Qian Yu took a deep breath and started preparing. He had absolute faith in Tian Xinyi and if she believed he could take a hit, then she was probably right. 

‘I’ll let you know when,’ Tian Xinyi said as she continued battling. 

Hiding in the shadows, Qian Yu did his best to observe the battle as he realized, ‘This guy’s cultivation technique is the Ember Blade one that is commonly used by rogue cultivators.’ 

‘Master now!’ Tian Xinyi interrupted his observations. 

*Whoosh!* Qian Yu put his feet against the wall as he performed Transcending Lightning Step, sending him in the air towards the Martial Fighter. 

An arc of flame had formed at the assassin’s blade as he just sent it forward. 

‘Ember Slash!’ Qian Yu had seen it many times in the past as he activated Lightning Spasm on his body. 

*Sshhhh!* The large slash of fire stopped moving forward as it touched Qian Yu.

‘Shit!’ Qian Yu instantly felt his head start hurting as if his qi was oil being burned by the fire.

*Whoosh!* At that time, a purple ball zoomed past him. 

*Crash!* The man was caught off guard as Tian Xinyi rammed into him.

*Cough cough!* Qian Yu fell down onto the ground as he clutched his head. It was a single attack from a sky grade cultivation technique but nonetheless, it came from a Martial Fighter. The difference in the quality of qi was simply too strong.

“Are you alright!?” Zhao Xieren ran up to him, helping him up. 

“Yeah, yeah, I’m fine,” Qian Yu retreated away from the battles going on. 

“Where’s the kid?” Qian Yu asked, seeing Jiang Hai had disappeared. 

“He muttered something about saving his sister and ran off before I could stop him…” Zhao Xieren said. 

“Alright, whatever, we can’t worry about him anymore right now,” Qian Yu gritted his teeth. He had taken a liken to the kid. Despite his cocky attitude sometimes, he was a young and honest kid. 

“Qian Yu, we need to leave! The assassins have taken less casualties overall and are starting to overwhelm us. If we stay here any longer, it will be too risky.” Bai Jia suddenly returned as well. 

“Alright,” Qian Yu took a quick glance at Bai Jia and sighed in relief, seeing she didn’t have any major injuries.

‘Xinyi, where are you?’ Qian Yu asked. 

‘Master, I managed to deal with that Martial Fighter but another one showed up and I’m fighting this one right now,’ Tian Xinyi replied. 

‘Do you think you can run? The three of us are planning to escape from the mansion right now,’ Qian Yu said.

‘Yes, I’ll be fine but I’m a little far away,’ Tian Xinyi replied. 

‘That’s fine,’ Qian Yu said as he turned to Zhao Xieren and Bai Jia, “Let’s go!”

*Boom!* Bai Jia’s water serpent blew a hole into the nearby wall, clearing a path for them. 

*Bam!* *Clang!* Yet it wasn’t peaceful outside as the three saw small groups of fighting in the snow covered fields. Likely, many others had the same plan as Qian Yu and his group.

*Swoosh! swoosh!* They had only left the mansion for a few seconds yet they quickly heard people approaching them. 

“Run!” Bai Jia grabbed Qian Yu and Zhao Xieren and ran as the two water serpents started repelling the two enemies. Nonetheless it wasn’t very effective as there were two of them and Bai Jia was still not fully recovered from the battle before. 

“Water Orb!” Bai Jia used her defensive martial technique as a protective sphere of water formed behind them. 

*Bam!* It exploded blocking one of the attacks from the Martial Fighter. 

*Whoooosh!* Suddenly the wind speeds increased crazily. 

“A wind type cultivation technique!” Bai Jia realized as she found it harder to move as she wanted to. 

“Ahh!” She was sent flying into a large tree nearby, losing her grasp of Qian Yu and Zhao Xieren. 

*Whoosh!* The sounds of more attacks came flying at them. 

“Qian Yu!” She yelled out realizing that one of the Marital Fighters was aiming for Qian Yu who had flown hundreds of feet away from her.

‘Fuck! What do I do?’ Qian Yu had just recovered from being bounced around by the wind yet he realized there were dozens of blades of wind flying at him. 

‘I barely have any qi left but it’s not enough for Transcending Lightning Step,’ Qian Yu bit his lips realizing he didn’t have any options. 

*Bam!* However, a cloud of smoke erupted as the blades of wind flew at Qian Yu. 

“What?” Qian Yu muttered confusedly. 

Yet as the smoke disappeared, Qian Yu saw a wall of yellow light surrounding him. 

“Thousand Swords of Light Formation!” A voice rang out as he suddenly felt an imposing amount of qi. 

Turning to look behind him, Qian Yu saw a yellow clothed figure in the sky with white swords of light forming by his side. His appearance was grand and Qian Yu easily remembered him to be Yang Li. 

*Whoosh!* Qian Yu stared in awe as they flew forward towards the Martial Fighter that attacked Qian Yu. It was nothing like the Spears of Ice which only had a dozen spears or so. Instead, this was a whole 1000 swords that were summoned. 

*Boom! Boom!* The barrage of swords consecutively rained down on the Martial Fighter. 

By the time the attacks settled, a large crater in the ground was seen. As for the Martial Fighter, he had disappeared, likely escaping amidst the attacks.

“Qian Yu!” Bai Jia and Zhao Xieren had caught up to Qian Yu while also witnessing everything that had happened. 

Taking a few seconds to see he was fine, the two of them calmed down before they all turned towards Yang Li, “Thank you, Yang Li.”

In return, he didn’t say anything but give them a slight nod before leaving to fight the others.

15