Chapter 124
652 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

True Ice City wasn’t much different from the Xia Capital. Classical Chinese architecture made with thick wood and material was seen everywhere. As for the buildings and streets, they too were similar to what Qian Yu had seen in the inner district of the Xia Capital. Additionally, it had a similar “noble district” when compared to the Xia Capital and was known as True Ice Manor, a large area situated on a tall mountain located in the center of the city.

Rather, the biggest difference was the businesses. Previous cities like Northern Star City, was a port city where trade and tourism played a large role. As for the Xia Capital, it was like a jack of all trades, and the businesses there were of all sorts.

However, as Qian Yu and the girls walked through the city, they noticed the majority of the shops were related to battle. Weapon shops, armor shops, pill shops, herb shops, smith shops, and more were seen everywhere.

“Was the city always like this?” Qian Yu turned to Zhao Xieren, unsure of what he had seen as a result of the sudden war.

“Yes, I believe so. There are a few Martial Emperors in our country aside from the current Xia Emperor. Aside from the secret force of the royal family which is unknown, Martial Emperor True Ice is one of them. He was born in this city a few thousand years ago and after he became a Martial Emperor, he returned and became the city lord. Since then, the city’s name has changed,” Zhao Xieren answered.

Continuing, she said, “Martial Emperor is very devoted to cultivating and became a Martial Emperor early on. After he became the city lord, his policies have been very focused on fighting. Additionally, the city is close to a few hot zones with strong spiritual beasts. This city is actually pretty popular among those in the soul foundation realm.”

“Well then, let’s go find somewhere to stay. We need to finalize our plans,” Qian Yu said as he looked around.

Before long, they found a small wooden inn and got one room. It was a large room with nothing other than two beds but Qian Yu knew he wasn’t going to stay here.

Though the girls had said they were going to support his decision and whatever he wanted, the reality of the situation was different. 

Sun Hong couldn’t participate in the war because she was a rogue cultivator. Without any proper identity, she couldn’t just waltz onto the battlefield and fight alongside Qian Yu. Sure, if she was a qi gathering cultivator it would be fine but a Martial Fighter was too noticeable.

As for Bai Jia, her situation was a little unique. When the news of war broke out, she had received orders from her family not to participate. She was an elder of the Ice Arts Sect, but even more so, a daughter of the Bai Family in the Central Union. Her involvement could easily  implement her whole family into the politics of the Southern Ice Continent which could lead to serious consequences for not only her but her family in the Central Union.

“What do you two plan to do?” Qian Yu looked at Sun Hong and Bai Jia.

“Since sister Zhao mentioned it earlier, I will probably go to one of the nearby places where there are a lot of spiritual beasts. Maybe, I’ll start practicing the other technique, I’m not too sure,” Sun Hong gave a vague answer.

“Sigh… since I can’t go with you guys I might just do the same thing as sister Sun,” Bai Jia shrugged and sighed.

“Alright. Then like we planned before, Zhen Yue will accompany Zhao Xieren as her servant,” Qian Yu said. Being a soul foundation cultivator, she was much less noticeable than a Martial Fighter.

“Let’s get going then before it gets dark,” Zhao Xieren said as she stood up.

“You two can head down first, I’ll come down in a minute or two,” Qian Yu said.

“Alright, that’s fine,” Zhao Xieren nodded and left the room with Zhen Yue.

“Don’t do stupid stuff and remember that your safety is the most important thing,” Sun Hong hugged him.

“I know, I won’t die. Don’t worry, I still have Tian Xinyi as a trump card for whenever,” Qian Yu embraced her and patted her back.

“Alright, you better come back in one piece. We’ve done a lot of training on our way here, so make sure you go out there and kick some ass,” Sun Hong smiled and encouraged.

Turning towards Bai Jia, Qian Yu noticed she already had some tears in her eyes.

“Come on, have some faith in me!” Qian Yu lightheartedly chuckled and gave her a hug.

“I know… it’s just I can’t help but worry,” Bai Jia said.

“Anyways, Qian Yu, I have some stuff to give you,” Bai Jia separated from Qian Yu as a few shining lights flew out of her spatial ring.

“Here, take this jade. It’s a very simple type of a communication jade. When you are in danger, insert your qi into it. I know you are in danger and I can go to you as soon as possible,” Bai Jia handed him a small green slab of jade.

“Also this. It’s an earth grade artifact and you will need to break it in order for it to activate. After you break it, it will create a shield that will block one attack from a Martial Fighter,” this time, it was a circular yellow stone with some inscriptions on it.

“This as well! It’s earth grade as well and it will summon a fireball with the attack power of a Martial Fighter. Just insert your qi into it to activate it,” Bai Jia handed him a talisman.

“Oh, I almost forgot! I also made some pills. They are just the health and qi regeneration types but they were made with some of the rarer ingredients so they are stronger than the ones you have. Make sure to eat mine first,” Bai Jia took out a few containers of pills.

“Sister Bai…” Qian Yu was shocked with the stuff she brought out. Without a doubt, they were expensive and cost hundreds of spirit stones. 

“Sigh, thanks,” Qian Yu walked forward and hugged Bai Jia tightly.

“I’ll make sure to use them if I need to,” a somewhat sad expression appeared on Qian Yu’s face.

“Is something wrong?” Bai Jia worriedly asked.

“No… it’s nothing. Anyways, I should go now,” Qian Yu shook his head and stepped back. She had always been so supportive of him but with the turns of events that transpired and the other three girls, it was hard for them to have time by themselves.

‘I’m sorry Sister Bai, I’ll make sure to find us more space and time alone in the future,’ Qian Yu promised as he walked down.

“Alright, let’s get going you two,” Qian Yu looked at the two girls who were waiting for him.

A special part of the city had been sectioned off and reserved for war and military purposes. A large tower piercing the skies appeared as they made their way towards the gates of the military base. Smaller buildings and tents were seen surrounding the large tower.

The warring efforts had already begun last week and the enemy forces had taken the first step, breaking down the walls on the border of the country. Nonetheless, Qian Yu saw thousands of other cultivators arriving at the city from throughout the country.

“State your name and identity!” a serious and strict man asked them after a few hours of waiting in the queue.

“Qian Yu, inner court disciple of the Ice Arts Sect, early stage of soul foundation,”

“Zhao Xieren, inner court disciple of the Ice Arts Sect, part of the Zhao Family in the Xia Empire, and middle stage of soul foundation,”

“Zhen Yue, servant of Zhao Xieren from the Zhao Family in the Xia Empire, middle stage of soul foundation,”

The three gave him clear and simple answers as they awaited his response. A few minutes passed as he recorded their identities and took out some papers.

“Here are your mission orders and identity papers,” the man handed them a few scrolls.

 “Qian Yu – Squad Leader N8-4-08

Head to Snowfall Village and find the Captain in charge.” Qian Yu read the first paper. Looking through the others, he saw a map and some other details about the military.

“Zhen Yue – Squad Leader N8-4-09

Head to Snowfall Village…”

“Zhao Xieren – Squad Leader N8-4-10

Head to Snowfall Village…”

As he looked at the other two, a sigh of relief escaped his mouth as he noticed their papers were pretty much identical to his own.

“Let’s set off!” Qian Yu said.

13